Petition To Save Spaceship Earth

csaguy

Don't change it again. The update from Walter Cronkite was bad enough.

Bob Jacobs
Janet Jacobs
Brandon Jacobs
Amanda Jacobs

General Grizz

Cynderella said:
I pray they dont change SSE. I love it just the way it is. I even think the AA's are fine too. I guess thats just me though. Im not a big fan of change. I like things as they are. Im getting sick of Disney thinking they always hafta change things. Some things are better left the way they are. ( though It's a Small World DEFINETLY needed to be updated! :D )
But wouldn't it be awesome if some of the AAs or sets were redone to make them MORE realistic?

The point I'm trying to make is change is beneficial. . . when it retains the integrity and quality what was put into the original ride.

But I agree with you. I don't want Disney to change SE - not until WDI is given the budget it wants (ha!) - because no doubt we'll have plenty of black space or some extra PoTC pirates. ;)

civileng68

Account Suspended
thank god

General Grizz said:
But wouldn't it be awesome if some of the AAs or sets were redone to make them MORE realistic?

The point I'm trying to make is change is beneficial. . . when it retains the integrity and quality what was put into the original ride.

But I agree with you. I don't want Disney to change SE - not until WDI is given the budget it wants (ha!) - because no doubt we'll have plenty of black space or some extra PoTC pirates. ;)

Thank God someone finally spoke truth! I'm so tired of hearing the "Save the Spaceship Earth!" cries. LADIES, GENTLEMEN! SPACESHIP EARTH ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE! If ANYTHING it would be refurb to make it much more sophisticated. I would love to see truly lifelike AA's. The attraction itself isn't going anywhere as there is nothing structurally they can change on it without completely tearing the sphere down.

Austin1

spaceship earth rocks!!!

last year I took some friends for my 16th birthday to WDW the first ride they went on was SSE and it absoutley set the mood for the whole trip. :slurp:
Although I don't mind if they update it, SSE has got to stay :brick: :)

Michael72688

ok, you all keep thinking that this ride is good, cause its not! I really hope they tear it down and build a huge rollercoaster, that would be good!

General Grizz

Michael72688 said:
ok, you all keep thinking that this ride is good, cause its not! I really hope they tear it down and build a huge rollercoaster, that would be good!
Michael, you've posted here multiple times saying it's not good, when that is your one opinion. The ORIGINATOR of this thread asked, "Please, only reply if you are interested in signing this petition and helping to save Spaceship Earth." Because you are only posting your opinion, I don't feel it right to report you, but sometimes I think you're trolling based on your multiple posts while the thread originator clearly expressed his desires for this thread.

Civileng - ACTUALLY, Disney IS looking at the changing of the complete attraction (i.e. nearly gutting it). Not sure if it is possible/sound, but that's what they're looking at. . . and that Disney probably WON'T make more advanced sets, AAs. :lol:

General Grizz

Michael72688 said:
ok, I see, so we cant express our opinions, thats cool, I'll stop posting, cause I know that will make you happy, and thats all that matters
Michael -- I'm not saying you can't express your opinion - that is both wrong and out of my position - but I'm suggesting (and only suggesting) that you follow the originator's idea for this thread (because we have well heard your opinion on this thread).

I hold no authority on this, but it would be courteous of you to let the purpose of this thread thrive. . . there are so many other SE threads. :)

civileng68

Account Suspended
Grizz

General Grizz said:
Michael, you've posted here multiple times saying it's not good, when that is your one opinion. The ORIGINATOR of this thread asked, "Please, only reply if you are interested in signing this petition and helping to save Spaceship Earth." Because you are only posting your opinion, I don't feel it right to report you, but sometimes I think you're trolling based on your multiple posts while the thread originator clearly expressed his desires for this thread.

Civileng - ACTUALLY, Disney IS looking at the changing of the complete attraction (i.e. nearly gutting it). Not sure if it is possible/sound, but that's what they're looking at. . . and that Disney probably WON'T make more advanced sets, AAs. :lol:

Grizz, I thought if they did this, they were going to have to completely dismantle the sphere due to the structuring of it because the actual ride structure is also the sphere structure. Any insight? I want SE to stay by ALL means.

Michael: I have no problem with progress, but there are certain rides that no matter how old or juvenile they become you do not get rid of them. SE is an intrical part of the Disney name. Rollercoasters are not Disney's style. IF you've noticed, Rollercoasters are very minor parts of WDW. I think updating is fine but destroying is just wrong.

Michael72688

civileng68 said:
Grizz, I thought if they did this, they were going to have to completely dismantle the sphere due to the structuring of it because the actual ride structure is also the sphere structure. Any insight? I want SE to stay by ALL means.

Michael: I have no problem with progress, but there are certain rides that no matter how old or juvenile they become you do not get rid of them. SE is an intrical part of the Disney name. Rollercoasters are not Disney's style. IF you've noticed, Rollercoasters are very minor parts of WDW. I think updating is fine but destroying is just wrong.

Thats fine and all but mark my words, Disney will slowly slip behind Universal if they dont make drastic changes like this!

Dayma

Michael72688 said:
Thats fine and all but mark my words, Disney will slowly slip behind Universal if they dont make drastic changes like this!
They dont have the brand recognition Disney has. If this theory was correct then Cedar Point would be there.

Testtrack321

The current rumors are about as sturdy as a house of cards. It's a rumor feeding off of other rumors. I think there is nothing to worry about right now.

Michael72688

blackride said:
They dont have the brand recognition Disney has. If this theory was correct then Cedar Point would be there.

You are right, brand recognition has been Universal's biggest down fall. But hopefully NBC will keep Universal Orlando for awhile that way the brand can begin to change into something permanent. Now if NBC sells Universal Orlando, again, then there going to have problems for a little while again.

Diego Lira

The idea to destroy SSE is very BAD !!!!!!:dazzle:
Michael Eisner is the person who destroyed epcot because in 1999 I went to epcot and I rode Horizons and I liked very much But when I back to epcot in 2003 Horizons was changed to Mision: Space and I rode it and for me was very bad I dont liked it. So , if Michael Eisner want to change SSP into a Coaster in the base of SSP, the idea is very stupid:hurl: because there are other coasters like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Rock And Rolloer Coaster, Primeral Whirl and Soon Expedition Everest. As Walt Disney says "One doesn't have to built for their bill, They have to built that the people want"

WDWhumanmap

how can they destroy sse those mean people. what is going to happen they can't just knock it down like they did horizons sse is a staple also its the main symbol of epcot. i feel the newer verison is boring all it needs is the song back tomorrow's child let's not forget the lesson it taught us that we are all tomorrow's children and we hold the future in our hands.

NeverEnufDisney

I agree that the most they should do to Spaceship Earth is rehab it. There should be rides for all age groups and all tastes. Disney succeeds as a family tourism hotspot because it has fun for everyone, not just the kids. While SE might not be on the kids top ten, it makes the list for many adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom