Petition To Save Spaceship Earth

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
As many on here have heard, there are rumors gong around once again about the destruction or redesign of Spaceship Earth at EPCOT.

Most, if not all, visitors are opposed to this idea. Michael Eisner and Disney Management have practically destroyed Epcot by removing some of the most beloved attractions - Horizins, World Of Motion, The Original Imagination.

So, we're starting a petition to save Spaceship Earth.

Please, type your name on the reply. Please, only reply if you are interested in signing this petition and helping to save Spaceship Earth. Then, print this page up, and get as many signatures as you can. I leave for Disney on September 2. I will post a message here on Frdiay, August 20, with an address to which you can send your signed petitions to, and I will make sure they are given to Disney Management.

The only way to be heard is to speak up.

Daniel Baar

MagicalMonorail

Jeffrey Wale
Disney Shareholder

Might I add that according to my new WDW trivia book, Spaceship Earth is the most ridden attraction in the world. No, not Walt Disney World. On the planet.

PhotoDave219

Um, would any of you 'Do-Gooders' out here like to explain to me how the structural engineering of the ominmover track (that supports the exterior of Spaceship Earth - look at the construction photos) can be removed without the ball struturally failing? That notwithstanding, anyone care to tackle the financial difficulties of engineering such a task without the financial backing of a sponsor?

Do you really think that SSE will change? Even Grizz is convinced that its not going to change. Just because the Sentinal prints a 2 inch blurb about a trademark of time racers being registered over a year ago (Coincidently reported on this site way over a year ago), doesnt mean the sky is falling folks. Jeeeez.....

Everytime this issue seems dead, it rises from the ashes. :hurl:

cloudboy

I agree that the risk itself is small, although quite frankly I wouldn't a) put it past them to revive it, or b) come up with some other idea to change Spaceship Earth. All I know is, the more they hear about how bad an idea it would be, the less likely they are to do it.

Now to the technicalities:

the sphere is two domes. There is a platform level - where the legs are - that hold one dome up, and suspends the other. Now, the core building is isolated from this (I believe - there could be bracing). So the two options would be to A) temporarily remove the top dome (I think it is fairly modular), take out that portion of the building, and the replace the dome on the platform, and then remove the bottom dome (although I am not sure they would need to take out what is in there). They could either only block off one side at a time or run people around the outside of the entryway buildings. The B) option is more complicated but nicer, if it can be done structurally - remove a section of the dome panels to give access (don't know if this is structurally feasible), and simply dissasemble the structure inside.

Boo's Mom

Heather Drumheller
Kenneth Drumheller
Kristin Drumheller
Jackie Whitlock (gone to disney every year for the past 26 years)
Bonnie Shattuck
Larry Shattuck

1stStarIC2nite

maxime29 said:
Do petitions to Disney really work?

Just a thought...

I would say no... afterall, it didn't work for Mr. Toad, right? :lookaroun

... Ahhh what the heck...

Alex Schroer

I am however all for updating this if it ever happens, including more comfortable seats! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom