Peter Pan's Flight

SiriusBlack

Great ride...feel like I am flying. Yeah, the London scene is great. :)

ha while many kids feel like they are flying during that scene... I went with my late grandmother about 14 years ago. She wouldn't ride hardly anything because she had a huge fear of heights. We talked her onto going onto peter pan's flight and when we went out over london she thought for a few seconds we were REALLY high up. Ha it just shows you Disney can trick people of all ages with its magic. She was quite scared of parts of it as we were flying ha, but it was real fun for her to be able to ride that great ride with us.

We also talked her into going on the Maelstrom, and she was very scared we would be going down the "big" hill backwards the whole time haha

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I don't think the ride itself is that fantastic, but I love the story and lore of Peter Pan so much, I have to go on it every trip.

disneyfan123

Welcome to the Boards!
I love Peter Pan also and again always make a special effort to ride it at least once every trip I make - Just wish the queue was quicker moving!

O'Malley

While the loading at Peter Pan is continuous, I think the long waits are due to a combination of the ships only holding 2 guests, and there has to be a large gap (about 5 seconds?) between boats in order to give a proper show. I think Peter Pan may be the slowest load of all Disney rides, a record previously held by the Skyway cars. :lol:

But we love the Peter Pan ride too! It's amazing how many people remember this as their first "oh wow" moment at Disney World. I had the same reaction on my first visit (I was 9 yrs old) when I rode with my older brother. I expected a slow ride through, and when the ship flew (Here weeee go!!!), I was hooked (no pun intended). I stared in amazement when flying over London. It was several trips later when I finally decided to look up to see the ride track, then I understood how we "flew". Simply brilliant engineering for its day. :sohappy:

I seem to recall the Disneyland version being much longer, and the scene where you fly over the volcanoes was a MUCH larger room. Can any of you Disneyland fans confirm?

Mr Starky

I just love this ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it should be a little bit longer though!!!!!!!!!!! This is my first time on this forum so I just wanted to interduce myself. Oh as you can tell I just love Pooh Bear!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

My favorite ride! :) This was one of the first rides I took my wife on when I took her for her first time at WDW on our Honeymoon. As you can see from my avatar I love Peter Pan. It's my favorite Disney animated movie and favorite ride at the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom