Peter Pan Ride Accident

Raven66

Floridarockz! said:
http://www.wesh.com/news/7073510/detail.html

Not sure if its been posted but here it is anyway!

Thanks for posting that link. I watched the little news clip. I just love the girl that had to have her 10 seconds of fame.:lookaroun Anyway, the reporter did mention the other incidents, but she said there were pre-exsisting(sp?) conditions, except for the girl on ToT. I don't know if it's posted anywhere but How is that girl doing?

wdwishes2005

Still in a coma last I heard. I rode the ride extensively last time I was down ( It was for your safety, really. :lookaroun ) and I am still here. ( or am I? )

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
gjpjtj said:
I don't understand....Huh?......What???? I give up.:brick:

I have a feeling the person refering to "two years later" looked at the OP's join date and thought it was the post date. Other than that as a possible explanation, I'm bafflegabbed as well.

justducky78

I hate hearing stories like this. My dad is about that age with really bad arthritis (sometimes trouble walking) so I can see how it would be difficult to board a ride if he has a condition like that or if you're elderly. I hope he recovers. How terrible for the wife and granddaughter to see him get hurt like that.

Fordlover

I was there that day, still have a fast pass for the ride, I thought it was a bit odd they had 4 CM's standing out infront of the ride, telling people they were working on it getting it back up. Also saw a guy inside the ride load area (not dressed in CM's costume) with a ticket book of some sort, almost looked like a rain check book, filling it out and giving it to a guest. Looked to me to be some sort of management individual.

That was late afternoon, probably 3 or 4ish, and the area didn't get closed down till sometime later, I assumed it had something to do with the fireworks.

ScrapIron

Miss Bell said:
This ride design has been in use for, what is it? 50 years?

Thirty-Four, the one in DL does not have a moving conveyor belt. Of course, the HM and ATIS have/had moving belts, but not suspended vehicles.

edwardtc said:
Ok, so maybe it was just Fantasyland that shut down completely. Still seems like quite an overreaction to close the restaurants and evac other rides just because someone got hurt in an isolated area. Sure, emerg crews needed to get to him, but I don't think an emerg evac on Small World was quite necessary. I dunno - just seems overreactive.

Overreaction or not, it is typical of how they react to these situations. After the Columbia death at DL, they even sealed out Non-Disney emergency personnell until they had sanitized the scene. It was because of this that California passed new reporting laws and other regulations regarding theme park incidents.

This makes the papers because people are more interested when something happens at the number one tourist destination in the world. It astounds me that I'm pointing out what should be blindingly obvious to anyone interested enough to be reading or writing about it on an internet message board.

Cheers.

sorceresssamara

I happened to be in the Magic Kingdom when the accident occured. We were on Main Street finding our spot for "Wishes." When a massive influx of people came out of Fantasyland didn't really think anything of it at the time as the crowd was calm. Just thought everyone was trying to get out before the fireworks. Soon after we saw the helicopter take off but still didn't think anything was up.

IT wasn't til later we heard of it on the news. My take from overhearing people talking about the incident was that they shut Fantasyland down and told all the guests that there was a fire.

PrincessCookie

Someone got hurt on the Peter Pan Ride??!! omg.. :lookaroun
When I was in WDW a 3 year old boy died on the Mission Space ride..
Darn you people who make rides!!!

NCState

PrincessCookie said:

It's not the people who make the rides, these are accidents, an unfortunate occurrence.

wannab@dis

PrincessCookie said:
Then please, don't go. :rolleyes:

MouseearsDeb

PrincessCookie said:

Personally, I don't believe it's the peoples fault who make the ride but the individual or in this case parent whom allows a preschooler to ride such a ride in the first place. Granted, I'm sure there are many a preschooler that is up for it but I don't think their little mind is capable of understanding what is really going on. Still, it is a very unfortunate accident. It is sad what happened to the gentleman on Peter Pan. How is anyone affiliated with WDW to know if someone is in good health or capable of moving fast enough to enter a ride. Maybe the guy thought there wouldn't be a problem. Again, it was just an unfortunate accident.

Just my two cents!

peter11435

PrincessCookie said:
I don't feel like aruging over how I am right

Thats because its an argument you can't win. This accident at PP or the incident at M:S had nothing to do with the rides nor the people who made them.

MicBat

PrincessCookie said:
I don't feel like aruging over how I am right :lol:, so I'm just going to say..
I hope that guy getse out there O.K.
Wow... You've got balls. And just so you know, the kid on mission space was 4 and it was a previous medical condition. I cant believe I'm arguing this.

wdwishes2005

PrincessCookie said:
I don't feel like aruging over how I am right :lol:, so I'm just going to say..
I hope that guy getse out there O.K.
I dont feel like argueing with a little girl behind a keyboard that knows nothing of what she is talking about. Where is Thrawn when you need him?

speck76

MicBat said:
Wow... You've got balls. And just so you know, the kid on mission space was 4 and it was a previous medical condition. I cant believe I'm arguing this.
never argue with an idiot, they will take you down the their level, then beat you with experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom