Peter Pan Refurbishment in January 2019?

Magenta Panther

For Walt's sake, TDO, gut the Pan ride, give it a decent façade, and put the Shanghai tech into it. Spend a little money where it's needed instead of building yet ANOTHER hotel or creating an "event" scam to squeeze even more money out of park guests.

But hell, that's a pipe dream, isn't it? You won't even fix the yeti. :banghead:

Donaldfan1934

There doesn't seems to be any changes in this video from the site that must not be named:

For what this refurb was, they seem to have done a decent job of refreshing the existing ride. But as many others here have pointed out, it's far from what the ride needed. Here's hoping the Tokyo refurb is in store for the 50th. Anthyting less would be unacceptable at this point.

Gringrinngghost

For what this refurb was, they seem to have done a decent job of refreshing the existing ride. But as many others here have pointed out, it's far from what the ride needed. Here's hoping the Tokyo refurb is in store for the 50th. Anthyting less would be unacceptable at this point.
One thing is they didn't refurbish the cars. You can see at the beginning of my video peeling marks on the restraint and as I told someone in a comment, "the entire attraction and queue received a fresh coat of paint. It also seems a bit brighter in there as well, as if they went to LED." Mind you my video is slightly darker than the master to mask video noise.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

One thing is they didn't refurbish the cars. You can see at the beginning of my video peeling marks on the restraint and as I told someone in a comment, "the entire attraction and queue received a fresh coat of paint. It also seems a bit brighter in there as well, as if they went to LED." Mind you my video is slightly darker than the master to mask video noise.

Nice video. That's unfortunate about the cars. At least the ride itself was given a nice refresh.

MerlinTheGoat

I'll have to ride this in person, but I definitely noticed one difference. Skull Rock has a new water reflection added to it. That prop has always just been a stationary painted surface as far as I can remember, but it looks like there's a new rippling effect added to the surface now. I don't know whether that's a new effect, or if it's an old effect that hasn't worked in a long time. I'm erring towards it being a new effect though, I definitely don't ever remember seeing it even in the 90s. It's an effect that Disneyland Paris has had for ages now (and the newly refurbished versions in CA and Tokyo).

They may also have added some sort of flickering effect on the campfire at the Indian scene. Possibly on the scene where the kids are tied to the mast as well. It's difficult to tell from a video and again I need to experience it in person to see for sure, but the lighting seems to have gotten some adjustments.

MerlinTheGoat

BTW to all the people saying they want to gut and replace Pan with the one at Shanghai- I don't think it's possible to fit it within the current space.

Comparing them on the maps, in the current space the Shanghai show building seems to dwarf the WDW one. Assuming I measured correctly (and the correct building) Shanghai's show building from what I can tell occupies approximately 40,000 square feet. WDW's Pan by comparison I believe is actually less than 15,000 square feet. Even combining in the the additional space of Philharmagic next door (assuming they were able to gut that for added expansion space for a ride), at best it's still only 35,000 square feet. And that may be generous, I may have overmeasued a bit.

The ride would probably need to be moved elsewhere.

jt04

BTW to all the people saying they want to gut and replace Pan with the one at Shanghai- I don't think it's possible to fit it within the current space.

Comparing them on the maps, in the current space the Shanghai show building seems to dwarf the WDW one. Assuming I measured correctly (and the correct building) Shanghai's show building from what I can tell occupies approximately 40,000 square feet. WDW's Pan by comparison I believe is actually less than 15,000 square feet. Even combining in the the additional space of Philharmagic next door (assuming they were able to gut that for added expansion space for a ride), at best it's still only 35,000 square feet. And that may be generous, I may have overmeasued a bit.

Epcot perhaps? 😉

Bocabear

So... Move an expanded version to where the Circus Tents are...Retheme the Splash Area to fit in with a Neverland theme...Add Captain Hooks Pirate Ship and Skull Rock and then add a second flat ride themed to Tinkerbell with a meet and greet. Having an entire section of Fantasyland themed to Neverland seems like a perfect fit... Retheme the Goofy Coaster to the Lost Boys...Let Dumbo be the only iteration of Circus theme in the park....then the old Peter Pan's Flight could become a Tangled themed ride (across from the Tangled Toilets) and suddenly Fantasyland is more cohesive. PPF's popularity demands a better version of the ride...

aliceismad

PP has some of the longest ride lines in WDW. I know that's in large part because of capacity, but it seems to be perfectly popular just the way it is. Disney can, and will, do what they want of course, but if I'm a bean counter (which it appears Disney is run by), why would I want to put that much money into moving/redoing a ride that's already popular? It seems to me that the bean counters would consider PP a plus until/unless its operating costs were outstanding. Not saying PP couldn't use some love, but I am not sure Disney would close the existing PP just to remake it even in a newer/better version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom