Peter Pan Refurbishment in January 2019?

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was just checking out the Disney After Hours Events for 2019 and noticed this little note at the bottom of the attractions list stating that Pete Pan won't be a part of the After Hours Events on January 7, 17 or 24th. Is this is this the norm for these events are are they taking PP down for refurb in January?
Peter Pan.PNG

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I was just checking out the Disney After Hours Events for 2019 and noticed this little note at the bottom of the attractions list stating that Pete Pan won't be a part of the After Hours Events on January 7, 17 or 24th. Is this is this the norm for these events are are they taking PP down for refurb in January?
View attachment 316638
I have memories from a while back that WDW Peter Pan would get updates similar to what Disneyland got a few years ago and that the only reason we didn't get it right away was they were saving it as an easy addition for the 50th (alongside hatbox ghost and third lift hill effects for thunder mountain).

If they start the counter for the 50 for the 50th in 2019, this could be that update. Plus, another "new" thing in 2019 to draw away star wars crowds.

BUT while I don't know the exact scale of the rumored Peter Pan update of how long it would take, I do have a feeling it would take more than a month. So, I wouldn't get hopes too high this is anything other than a standard refurbishment.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
View attachment 316638
Yeah I was wondering this too. Nothing on the schedules yet though, but we'll see.

I’ve seen a few sites posting that an announcement has been made with dates being released that the ride will be refurbed from Jan 7th to Feb 2nd of 2019. But nothing so far from Disney itself.

Really hoping this isn’t true and that if it is it won’t take as long as the dates given.

I’m returning for the first time in 8 years the last week of January and PPF is one of my all time favorites so this news is really sad for me if it’s true.

Clamman73

I’ve seen a few sites posting that an announcement has been made with dates being released that the ride will be refurbed from Jan 7th to Feb 2nd of 2019. But nothing so far from Disney itself.

Really hoping this isn’t true and that if it is it won’t take as long as the dates given.

I’m returning for the first time in 8 years the last week of January and PPF is one of my all time favorites so this news is really sad for me if it’s true.
Look at the park hours on the app...it'll have it vs on the website it doesn't. I just picked Jan 22nd for example.
IMG_00B021E9F36A-1.jpeg

eddie104

I got excited until I saw it's only for a month. That just sounds like maintenance with minimal changes. In my opinion, the ride needs a full-blown refurb of the effects and animatronics, like at Disneyland. Hoping they might do that by the 50th.
How long did DL's refurb last ?

sixbagelboy

Maybe they will convert PPF to the Politically Correct version Pirates of the Caribbean is today. Wendy turns a sword on Capt Hook, Peter ask the parents permission to take the kids to Neverland, Hook's crew have union buttons on their uniform, and there is a sign above the crocodile stating "Crocodiles are a protected species and you shouldn't feed them anything, especially humans and alarm clocks".

geekza

Maybe they will convert PPF to the Politically Correct version Pirates of the Caribbean is today. Wendy turns a sword on Capt Hook, Peter ask the parents permission to take the kids to Neverland, Hook's crew have union buttons on their uniform, and there is a sign above the crocodile stating "Crocodiles are a protected species and you shouldn't feed them anything, especially humans and alarm clocks".
This made me chuckle far harder than I probably should have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom