Peter Pan Queue

doctornick

One thing I noticed in the new Pan queue is there's nothing to touch, which is nice. One of the problems with the Mansion, Pooh and Mine Train interactive queues is you're touching and wiping your hands over things where thousands and thousands of others have. The runny hunny in Pooh is just gross the amount of dirt, grease and bodily substances you're picking up from fellow guests, it's about as unhygienic as is possible to be, and a quick way to catch an illness. Also the more things there are for guests to touch, the more there are for them to break (and maintenance to not fix).

But the Kinect style used in Pan to let those in line interact without touching anything is a really neat solution to the problem - coming up with a story justification, like the shadow, to use it in future attractions might be harder to come up with though.

There's a music playing one in 7DMT that works that way too.

disney4life2008

It's really well done, but absolutely not worth the awful wait IMO. The ride itself wouldn't be worth a Fastpass+ if not for the time saved. We made the mistake of trying standby and regretted it every minute of the 60+ we waited. It simply does not move thanks to FP.

A tip I have found useful is to watch Wishes behind the castle in fantasyland. I usually stand in Mickey Phillarmagic area. About 2 minutes before wishes is over I begin heading over to Peter Pan. The wait is always about 20 minutes of less (especially given the parade and fireworks). But watch your timing because as soon as the fireworks are over, everyone heads over to Peter Pan.

matt9112

One thing I noticed in the new Pan queue is there's nothing to touch, which is nice. One of the problems with the Mansion, Pooh and Mine Train interactive queues is you're touching and wiping your hands over things where thousands and thousands of others have. The runny hunny in Pooh is just gross the amount of dirt, grease and bodily substances you're picking up from fellow guests, it's about as unhygienic as is possible to be, and a quick way to catch an illness. Also the more things there are for guests to touch, the more there are for them to break (and maintenance to not fix).

But the Kinect style used in Pan to let those in line interact without touching anything is a really neat solution to the problem - coming up with a story justification, like the shadow, to use it in future attractions might be harder to come up with though.

I bet you wouldn't eat food of the ground..people keep trying to rip the humanity out of the human...

TheDuke

I finally actually saw the new queue tonight, I almost always do it with a FP. It was great! Loved playing with the bells and seeing Tinker Bells subtle actions in all the rooms. Excellent detail to everything too. Pretty much any queue would get old if you're there an hour, but I just had a 35 minute wait during the firework show and it was perfect. Pretty much an attraction in and of itself when it's that length.

WDW862

I finally actually saw the new queue tonight, I almost always do it with a FP. It was great! Loved playing with the bells and seeing Tinker Bells subtle actions in all the rooms. Excellent detail to everything too. Pretty much any queue would get old if you're there an hour, but I just had a 35 minute wait during the firework show and it was perfect. Pretty much an attraction in and of itself when it's that length.

Please don't bump a 3 year old thread.

21stamps

People would have gotten mad at me if I'd started a new thread when there were already plenty of threads about the queue and people got mad at me when I posted in an old one. Not really sure what I was supposed to do here.
If you would have started a new thread, then someone would have probably linked this one and directed you here.

Synopsis- People are grumpy and like to project it online. ;)

MaxW

People would have gotten mad at me if I'd started a new thread when there were already plenty of threads about the queue and people got mad at me when I posted in an old one. Not really sure what I was supposed to do here.
What you should do is not add your two cents into a topic that is dead. Especially in the news and rumors thread section. This belongs in the general discussion.

NearTheEars

Please don't bump a 3 year old thread.

Here’s my issue with this:

Someone posts a new thread and is hit with the “there’s a search function. There’s plenty of threads discussing this already” complaint.

So someone uses the search function and posts in a thread about the topic they want to talk about and they are hit with the “don’t bump am old thread” complaint.

So what should people do?

Edit: Looks like I’m not alone lol.

ProfSavage

You mean " the code, it's more like guidelines anyway".
tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom