Peter Pan Queue

Mathew h

I finally actually saw the new queue tonight, I almost always do it with a FP. It was great! Loved playing with the bells and seeing Tinker Bells subtle actions in all the rooms. Excellent detail to everything too. Pretty much any queue would get old if you're there an hour, but I just had a 35 minute wait during the firework show and it was perfect. Pretty much an attraction in and of itself when it's that length.
Thanks for posting this! I am like you and have only ever done FP for this ride. Every year I promise myself, "regular queue this time" and every year I chicken out because i just don't think it's worth it. Your post has inspired me to do this next trip!

KBLovedDisney

Thanks for posting this! I am like you and have only ever done FP for this ride. Every year I promise myself, "regular queue this time" and every year I chicken out because i just don't think it's worth it. Your post has inspired me to do this next trip!
Same here! I am thinking of not getting a FP this next trip for PP. Looks like the queue actually adds more to the full effect of the ride (and that is just from watching YouTube videos)

TheDuke

Well, like I said, I only had to wait 35 minutes because I did it during the firework show, which was really just luck since it usually doesn't go down that much. I still don't think the ride or queue are worth the 60+ minute waits it gets, so I am generally going to continue FPing it. I may try to see if I can get a manageable wait on it when I am there in the morning on Friday.

crxbrett

Well, like I said, I only had to wait 35 minutes because I did it during the firework show, which was really just luck since it usually doesn't go down that much. I still don't think the ride or queue are worth the 60+ minute waits it gets, so I am generally going to continue FPing it. I may try to see if I can get a manageable wait on it when I am there in the morning on Friday.

I went on it twice last summer and one of those times was during the fireworks show like you. I think I waited 20-25? I had a FP+ for the other time though. I agree, the queue is great, but I still wouldn't want to wait any more than 45 min for it.

Spash007

I am clearly in the minority for this, but am wondering what is the draw for Peter Pan? I went on it last fall for the first time in years, and while it's cute and a classic, found it rather disappointing, and that was after using a FP. Maybe the queue would help, but I really don't see the ride being worth a wait. Am I missing something? (honestly asking because I feel like I should enjoy it more than I did)

ChewbaccaYourMum

I am clearly in the minority for this, but am wondering what is the draw for Peter Pan? I went on it last fall for the first time in years, and while it's cute and a classic, found it rather disappointing, and that was after using a FP. Maybe the queue would help, but I really don't see the ride being worth a wait. Am I missing something? (honestly asking because I feel like I should enjoy it more than I did)
IMHO it's got a MAJOR nostalgic bubble around it. Nothing really special in today's world of rides. I skip it on most of my trips (granted I go a lot of times during the year, so I do always get to see it like once or twice a year at least lol). But, this is all my opinion!

crxbrett

IMHO it's got a MAJOR nostalgic bubble around it. Nothing really special in today's world of rides. I skip it on most of my trips (granted I go a lot of times during the year, so I do always get to see it like once or twice a year at least lol). But, this is all my opinion!

I think this coupled with the fact that it's a very unique dark ride attraction, in that you are suspended from the ceiling and "flying", makes it wildly popular. Plus, it is one of Disney's more iconic & classic animated movies.

I only go on the one here in Anaheim about once or twice a year, just because it's rarely ever under a 30 min wait.

discomouse131

If anything in Magic Kingdom would make better sense in Epcot it's Carousel of Progress. Put it in the old Wonders of Life pavilion

That's the best idea I have read all day! "Now is the time... now is the best time" to put COP in Epcot. Dust it off, spruce it up, update a few things and PRESTO!! There's a great big beautiful tomorrow for this Walt original!

ChewbaccaYourMum

I think this coupled with the fact that it's a very unique dark ride attraction, in that you are suspended from the ceiling and "flying", makes it wildly popular. Plus, it is one of Disney's more iconic & classic animated movies.

I only go on the one here in Anaheim about once or twice a year, just because it's rarely ever under a 30 min wait.
Yup it is pretty unique today and was VERY unique and amazing when it first opened, I bet, but I still think it's got a major nostalgic bubble around it. I would probably go on it on all of my trips, just to do it, if the lines weren't always over 60 minutes though lol

TheDuke

The main thing I like about it is the opening ascent and the flight over London, which I think is the best/most beautiful scene in any Disney dark ride. Other than that the ride is just okay for me. I don't think it's worth waiting much more than half an hour, but I do think it's worth a FP.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
"Indian Camp" was film accurate, but I get why they would want to change it.

"Never Land Tribe" however, sounds a bit clunky. I think "Native Encampment" or "Native Outpost" would better describe what it is.
I think Neverland Tribe makes the most sense. It’s set in the fictional, magical Never Neverland, not North America, so who really knows who (Peter Pan? Pirates? Lost Boys? Indians? Mermaids?) or what (fairies?) got there first and would be considered “native” or “indigenous.” Not sure what the “canon” is, but always assumed it bloomed out of the imagination of Peter Pan or some such.

Animaniac93-98

I'm less concerned with what other word besides "Indian" they chose, more that it's supposed to be a spot on a map, a specific site.

"Never Land Tribe" describes those characters, not necessarily their home like "Mermaid Lagoon" or "Pirate's Cove" does.

Brer Panther

The Indians are still featured in the ride itself, right? Not sure how this is supposed to make things more "inclusive" if that's the case...

Animaniac93-98

The Indians are still featured in the ride itself, right? Not sure how this is supposed to make things more "inclusive" if that's the case...

Presumably they are going away soon, though why its still not happened yet is unclear.

They'll probably remove the figures, but leave the rest of it the scene the same and call it a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom