Peter Pan Queue

Biff215

It's really well done, but absolutely not worth the awful wait IMO. The ride itself wouldn't be worth a Fastpass+ if not for the time saved. We made the mistake of trying standby and regretted it every minute of the 60+ we waited. It simply does not move thanks to FP.

erasure fan1

Just saw the new queue today and it is very well done. The projections are nice and the whole thing adds to the ride. If they could now just do some modernizing to the ride that would be great. This is the type of queue I like to see. The interactive stuff you can keep, I like a queue that is more of an extension to the ride.

AEfx

The new queue is very well done. The ride that comes after is sad though. Why on earth haven't we gotten a proper redo/refurb on Pan? Riding it in DL just shows how much better it could be...and now they're updating theirs AGAIN!

And all it takes is a few thousand bucks worth of fiber optic line!!

You can get instructions on how to install a starfield in your kid's ceiling/wall for a couple hundred bucks. It's not difficult, at all - if you can get above the room or behind the wall, and can use a drill, you can do it. The effect is exactly the same, fiber optic line (wire?) is really cheap these days. In Pan, scaffolding is already up there...it wouldn't be that much different.

This isn't an over-exaggeration - they could do what they did to Disneyland's version with just a few thousand bucks at most of materials, and it's criminally easy to install. A few of us could break in and do it overnight, for crying out loud. It really is that simple. You just have to drape it, it all is connected at the end already, supply power - voila, you have an amazing star field. That's the cheapest "WOW" you can get - and every time I start out Disneyland's Pan, I still get that "wow cool" feeling even knowing how simple it is.

Sped2424

Yes, I understand they are not in NFL, but with the beautiful exteriors they created in NFL and improvements to Pooh and even the Tangled restrooms, you can't tell me that Pan and IASW don't look dated and cheap by comparison.
They do, they shot themselves in the foot by theming pooh. Now there is no more straight cohesive castle lane. I say redo peter pan and ISAW facades to match the theming found near the tangled potties.

ToTBellHop

The point is the courtyard looks like your 5 year old created the look. It is very unrealistic and looks out of place
While I think you exaggerate a bit, I agree that it's no where near the amazing look of Fantasyland Forest. It is quite jarring when you look at the Tangled toilets next door.

BrerJon

One thing I noticed in the new Pan queue is there's nothing to touch, which is nice. One of the problems with the Mansion, Pooh and Mine Train interactive queues is you're touching and wiping your hands over things where thousands and thousands of others have. The runny hunny in Pooh is just gross the amount of dirt, grease and bodily substances you're picking up from fellow guests, it's about as unhygienic as is possible to be, and a quick way to catch an illness. Also the more things there are for guests to touch, the more there are for them to break (and maintenance to not fix).

But the Kinect style used in Pan to let those in line interact without touching anything is a really neat solution to the problem - coming up with a story justification, like the shadow, to use it in future attractions might be harder to come up with though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom