Perhaps all is not well....

MousDad

Okay... I retract my statement. Just out of curiosity I asked the wife and she said as long as no name was mentioned nothing is wrong. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Yet, I still think the info is questionable.

Totally OT, but something about your statement here makes me think about those "somebody taped me and my wife's conversation" videos that were posted a while back. :lol:

Buried20KLeague

Is it a coincidence that WDWinsider gets banned then today this guy pops up? :shrug: Just a thought.

I, also, am curious as to what precipitated good ol' WDWinsider's banning. If it was something fun like when we caught ReDis in his web of lies, or if it was a verbal slap fight or whatnot. :lol:

I believe I was on record as calling him bupkis, by the way. :D:lol:

Buried20KLeague

*comes to reality* How could I miss that? :lol:

I forget it myself, sometimes. :lol:

But that's why I tend to look AROUND the actual factoid to determine how much weight I put behind it. You know... Like how the OP created the account in 07, and only has a few posts. It doesn't seem to me that they would waste their time getting a rise out of us "fanbois". :lol: I believe 100% that their patient told them that... It always seems to me that when something is made up, it's much more "extreme" than what the OP shared. It's "MERMAID IS GREENLIT!" or "MI coming to AK!"... :rolleyes:

Now... Was his patient stretching the truth? One can't be sure. But I do know that it sounds EXACTLY like something that would happen right now, given the economic climate and how TDO has done things for the past few years. I don't believe they're strangers to getting "cold feet". :shrug:

tirian

I was told by one of my patients yesterday that one of the larger independent attraction development houses here in Orlando had a large layoff very recently as Disney put several big projects on hold. They were working on projects at DAK, MK, and "something else." Doesn't mean they won't be built, nor does it mean other projects were stopped as well. But they were expecting to be VERY busy over the next 5 years. The important thing I've been told is that Disney corporate management[contrary to what a lot us think] really does want to reinvest in the Florida project.

Corporate has been wanting to invest in Florida for months; it was TDO holding things up.

Construction was supposed to have begun at DAK earlier this year, but it obviously didn't. Then Joe Rhode was sent to Hawaii, and DAK plans were put on hold indefinitely. All funds have been sent to the MK's expansion. I'm guessing that "something else" would have been Flamingo Road and the MI coaster, but I don't have anything concrete to support my assumption.

MK is still a "go." The time schedule remains to be seen.

A little help for a change from Richard Cook and the movie studios might free up the cash needed.

It certainly wouldn't hurt! The different branches are supposed to operate independently, which is why Epcot, DL's New Fantasyland, and TDL were all constructed (and successful!) despite the studio's mediocre performance in the late 70s and early 80s. However, with the increased focus on synergy, a successful movie studio would help tremendously. PatF, TS3, Tron Legacy, and Burton's Alice are all on the way.

Oberon81

Like how the OP created the account in 07, and only has a few posts. It doesn't seem to me that they would waste their time getting a rise out of us "fanbois". :lol: I believe 100% that their patient told them that... It always seems to me that when something is made up, it's much more "extreme" than what the OP shared. It's "MERMAID IS GREENLIT!" or "MI coming to AK!"... :rolleyes:

I agree. I guess time will tell. I wonder what firm would have such a huge responsibility like the OP mentioned. Perhaps the patient was embellishing their story to make it seem greater.

WishIwasThere

I, also, am curious as to what precipitated good ol' WDWinsider's banning. If it was something fun like when we caught ReDis in his web of lies, or if it was a verbal slap fight or whatnot. :lol:

I think that is what pretty much happened. The other day Insider started a post about what to expect at D23 expo and Steve called him on it...needless to say...he was no insider...:fork:

All posts by Insider...now deleted...:drevil:

WishIwasThere

You DO realize that with the exception of about two people on this board, this is ENTIRELY how information makes it into these forums, right?

That is why its called Rumor Forum...lest you get flamed for posting that 'my girlfriend, whos sister is married to guy, whos cousin is a bus driver at Disney heard that....'

WDWFigment

I think that is what pretty much happened. The other day Insider started a post about what to expect at D23 expo and Steve called him on it...needless to say...he was no insider...:fork:

Oh come on, don't 'yada yada yada' the best parts! Details!

And where's mousermerf these days?
Anyone? Anyone?

:)

I really would like to know that myself. Certainly I don't think it was smart of him to go nose to nose with Steve, but I do miss the detailed reports and provoking discussions. No matter what you thought of him, at least he contributed, which is more than can be said about some current nuisance postes.

krankenstein

WishIwasThere nailed it. That is exactly what happened. :wave:

And where's mousermerf these days?
Anyone? Anyone?

:)

Mostly on Laughing Place. :lookaroun

Glasgow

Isn't it just assumed that the information MAY or MAY NOT be true?? Why do there have to be 50 posts stating this fact? Its a discussion board!!! lol

Anyway, thanks for the info OP. Will be happy if projects get greenlit in Q1/10

Reason

Original Poster
Not trying to be mean, but don't you think this violating your patients rights?

If I was telling you anything about their health or anything health-related. Otherwise, most things are fair game. Anyway all I said was that their company was having [public] layoffs due to lack of work from one of their largest customers.

Oh and they have only 6 months to live. Oh no I did it again! jk

Oberon81

If I was telling you anything about their health or anything health-related. Otherwise, most things are fair game. Anyway all I said was that their company was having [public] layoffs due to lack of work from one of their largest customers.

Oh and they have only 6 months to live. Oh no I did it again! jk

Sorry about all that. My wife set me straight shortly after I posted.

The news you share does coincide with what other posters have mentioned too. That sucks for those workers who get laid off. Any guess what the "something else" could be?

Reason

Original Poster
More

The info is questionable because you don't know who I am. That's understandable. I've been lurking long enough to expect that reaction as I usually have had it as well when I read rumors here.

I've had this patient for nearly 8 years. He described Everest to me 6 months before I ever saw it on the internet [Screamscape included]. And I've been patrolling the Disney sites since 1996.

This is just one piece of the puzzle. I wouldn't be offended in the least if no one believed it without corroboration. There are other companies working with WDI that may remain unaffected. As a fan at least I hope so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom