percentage of hourly thru-put, genie/lightning lane vs standby

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
70-80 average. Sometimes as high as 90 (I know)

One reason the parks as a real mess.
Haven’t had the same experience…not that I doubt you.

Have you been back since the reign of genie? I think you have but I don’t recall?

The optics don’t line up to those stats on the surfaces. But we know optics are deceiving.

Edit: I might have misunderstood you there…are you saying parks are a mess:
1. With +
2. With Genie
3. All of the above

(Option 3 is the safe bet)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Haven’t had the same experience…not that I doubt you.

Have you been back since the reign of genie? I think you have but I don’t recall?

The optics don’t line up to those stats on the surfaces. But we know optics are deceiving.

Edit: I might have misunderstood you there…are you saying parks are a mess:
1. With +
2. With Genie
3. All of the above

(Option 3 is the safe bet)
I’m there right now. I Have the hard figures literally in front of me. Best case is 25% though my average was too high 40-50.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Screenshot please? 🤪

Not loving the genie, huh?

…and da hell are you doing there in October?

Probably my least favorite Month of the year now and used to be the best 😡
October is a long story but it began mid September. Genie has trashed the parks, though we didn’t pay Bob a dime and still managed what we wanted though (disclaimer) often with help.

I pity the first timer now.

Animaniac93-98

October is a long story but it began mid September. Genie has trashed the parks, though we didn’t pay Bob a dime and still managed what we wanted though (disclaimer) often with help.

Glad I went to MK during the party instead. Got extremely lucky with rides and the timing I picked to do them. Walked onto some like Splash and Jungle Cruise (!), most had waits shorter than posted. CoP broke down right as I was about to go inside though.

EricsBiscuit

MK and Epcot aren’t so bad but mornings and early afternoons at DHS and DAK are a nightmare.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I actually navigated it pretty well…but my disclaimer is I actually really liked maxpass.

…but I hear you. The only dispute I make is that “fastpass+“ was so much better. Disagree 100% it was lazy and ruined the place…the precedent for genie was set right there because Bob didn’t have the guts to say the board needed to pay for wifi

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Glad I went to MK during the party instead. Got extremely lucky with rides and the timing I picked to do them. Walked onto some like Splash and Jungle Cruise (!), most had waits shorter than posted. CoP broke down right as I was about to go inside though.
That’s a big part of the problem, kid.

And I’m not blaming you personally…but it is what it is

Andrew25

Chapek must be happy, they are overselling Genie+.

They pretty much fill 80% of the preshow for RnR with lightning lane.

Maybe 3-5 groups from standby.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
MK and Epcot have consistently been the worse. 75 minutes standby midweek afternoon at the HM had butlers shaking their heads
Woof…

How “magical” huh?

Don’t worry…somebody will be along shortly to tell you to buy a $180 4 hour ticket…that cures all.

If they have cranked it to that level - which is sounds like…it’s gonna collapse slightly less than + did. Only difference now is it’s $15-45 a day for inefficiency.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In the morning at DHS everything is a 100 minute wait. Not so at MK
..:for 90 minutes…then everything settles into the 50 minute range.

This isn’t a mystery. They don’t have enough stuff. Magic kingdom is the best the others aren’t close. Dak continues to lag only because it’s big and not as well attended based on that

fgmnt

I’ll say this: I found genie to be incredibly useful…and I was a noted crusader AGAINST + on This and “the other” forum….

And I’m not a fan of paying for the same rides two or THREE times the same day…as the flock or sheep has taken to…

But it’s a balancing act/scheme with finite spaces for butts and larger aggregate attendance 365 days a year than what they comfortably can handle…

But it’s “held” so far…the only way I can conceivably see that working is if the purchasing/use is a bit lower than Slaphead is pumping to his stock lords?

Fundamentally…Iger didn’t add enough stuff…and it’s been a shell game since about 2010. You can’t have high percentage of prebooks or it will suck just as + bogged down and fell into.

That’s why you can’t do anything till 7 am…raise the number of people who buy it and naturally screw up in real time. They need that to happen.

Oh well…as always it’s fascinating to watch it play.
I have not been over to Anaheim since MaxPass was introduced, but my understanding is that it did work and Genie+ still works because of the attraction mix and density (I imagine the % of out of town visitors vs socal regulars also contributes). The attraction roster between the 4 parks in Florida and the 2 in California is smaller than one would think. There was a contingent of people on this board recently that claimed there is no such capacity crisis in Orlando, and I really have to wonder if they actually think that's rain they're feeling pouring on them from the overlords in Burbank.

Fastpass+ laid bare the fundamental problems with the Orlando resort and the company leadership has landed somewhere between ignoring it, and diversifying monetization of it, but that's not news to anyone here that pays attention.

That sounds like what they were doing with FP+ by the end. Nothing to see here! Move along!

MK and Epcot have consistently been the worse. 75 minutes standby midweek afternoon at the HM had butlers shaking their heads

Parties make the crowds behave so wildly. Went to MK on Sunday and you would have thought I went in October 2002 with how few people were there (party night). EPCOT on Tuesday was remarkably chill until around 6 when the unwashed masses unwilling to pay for that hard ticket event had to go somewhere to get $ out of their Park Hopper. Wednesday at Horror Nights was so wildly crowded, I have to imagine some people are just really stretching a Columbus Day weekend?

I used to make my annual trip to visit friends in late October and this time had the ability to move it up 3 weeks, and took it. Probably will do that again until the crowds creep up to now.

Thinking about this makes me sick to my stomach. I think of the vacation package we booked 20 years ago and how 1) it is significantly more expensive now, even adjusted for inflation and 2) could still absolutely leave you in the cold unless you know someone who knows too much about all of this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Anyone who says there isn’t a capacity crunch in Orlando has been asleep since 2000.

Then? 44,000,000 clicks
Now? 55,000,000+

Days of the year: same
Operating hours: shorter
Price: x3
Bobs net adds in capacity: probably net 5% increase? Maybe 10%??

Cause like…math and stuff

fgmnt

Anyone who says there isn’t a capacity crunch in Orlando has been asleep since 2000.

Then? 44,000,000 clicks
Now? 55,000,000+

Days of the year: same
Operating hours: shorter
Price: x3
Bobs net adds in capacity: probably net 5% increase? Maybe 10%??

Cause like…math and stuff
The operating hours thing is a real sore spot with me. The amount of money coming into MK should be going into staffing operations for a 8am-12am operating schedule during the "busy season" which is what now, Spring Break thru Christmas with a 6 week break between August and September? Company is absolutely leaving money on the table not investing into DHS with a couple other attractions and keeping it open under those hours as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom