percentage of hourly thru-put, genie/lightning lane vs standby

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It really just depends on the day. I’m in the parks at least once a week and it’s still possible to do everything without paying if you know what your doing. I had family here for 2 weeks and they only used genie once to see what it was like. We never waited more than 40 minutes and did everything in every park. We also never rope dropped.
If you’re in the parks once a week…you’re a local and that’s not how the sausage is made on Disneys financial statement.

No fault of yours…but the example doesn’t translate

wdwfan22

No…it doesn’t…

Because the target audience audience isn’t sneaking over to Epcot on a Tuesday in September or a random Sunday in may.

But I do appreciate your perspective
Who is sneaking over to Epcot. I gave perfect examples. I had family visiting for 2 weeks and still managed to do everything in 1 day. Had friends here during Spring Break, they to were able to do everything without paying. So, no it's not necessary to pay for the service.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who is sneaking over to Epcot. I gave perfect examples. I had family visiting for 2 weeks and still managed to do everything in 1 day. Had friends here during Spring Break, they to were able to do everything without paying. So, no it's not necessary to pay for the service.
For the sake of argument…what days, exactly?

I guess you can do it. I’ve been there without it…but it’s uncomfortable when there are swelling crowds. And those can’t always be avoided.

wdwfan22

For the sake of argument…what days, exactly?

I guess you can do it. I’ve been there without it…but it’s uncomfortable when there are swelling crowds. And those can’t always be avoided.
Of course, you can do it. First timers might struggle, but anyone who has been before can manage with a little common sense. We never waited more than 40 minutes for anything and rode everything.

Chi84

Premium Member
Of course, you can do it. First timers might struggle, but anyone who has been before can manage with a little common sense. We never waited more than 40 minutes for anything and rode everything.
If it were just a matter of common sense, I would agree. But if you mean adjusting one's vacation to do things you wouldn't normally do - like rope drop, stay until closing, spend an entire day in a single park, etc., then it's not just common sense.

wdwfan22

If it were just a matter of common sense, I would agree. But if you mean adjusting one's vacation to do things you wouldn't normally do - like rope drop, stay until closing, spend an entire day in a single park, etc., then it's not just common sense.
We didn't rope drop or change anything from what we would normally do. We took breaks went to the pool. We don't spend all day in the park

Chi84

Premium Member
We didn't rope drop or change anything from what we would normally do. We took breaks went to the pool. We don't spend all day in the park
I guess it’s only good for those of us with no common sense or who don’t want to wait in 40-minute lines then.

wdwfan22

I guess it’s only good for those of us with no common sense or who don’t want to wait in 40-minute lines then.
If you want to pay for it be my guest. the point I was making which I can’t believe so many on here are having trouble understanding is that you don’t have to purchase it to still be able to do everything.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you want to pay for it be my guest. the point I was making which I can’t believe so many on here are having trouble understanding is that you don’t have to purchase it to still be able to do everything.
Not the way we do things. You have to understand that people do things differently from you and your friends. There are a lot of multi-generational families who have both older and very young members. They are unwilling or unable to wait in long lines all day. There’s a reason so many people are buying Genie+ and it has nothing to do with a lack of common sense.

wdwfan22

Not the way we do things. You have to understand that people do things differently from you and your friends. There are a lot of multi-generational families who have both older and very young members. They are unwilling or unable to wait in long lines all day. There’s a reason so many people are buying Genie+ and it has nothing to do with a lack of common sense.
We will agree to disagree

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Chapek said 50% of guests were using it. So maybe between those numbers?
i personally think if someone buys 1 ILL and pass on genie he is saying that a person is purchasing it... the % he is suggesting is a # Disney can easily be cute with to make it look real good for Wall St... i would like to know the $ its generated as its basically been a year since inception to get an idea of what this is bringing in & how they plan on using this new found cash influx. Hopefully some reinvestment in parks in a quicker fashion as opposed to stock buy backs....

Disstevefan1

It really just depends on the day. I’m in the parks at least once a week and it’s still possible to do everything without paying if you know what your doing. I had family here for 2 weeks and they only used genie once to see what it was like. We never waited more than 40 minutes and did everything in every park. We also never rope dropped.
It's totally reasonable that Genie+ does not work as well on super busy days compared to less busy days.
Another factor is if attractions go down or are closed due to the weather.

lentesta

Premium Member
Okay, we did some premininary counting at Disneyland yesterday, over two hours, at BTMRR and ROTR.

We're assuming:
  • Both attractions are running at the average hourly capacity we've measured in the past:
    • BTMRR is around 2,160 guests/hour
    • ROTR is around 1,500 guests/hour
  • There's some DAS use in here that we can't easily separate, so paid LL use is likely lower.
We saw an average of around 680 guests/hour using the BTMRR LL, which works out to around 31% of riders.

We saw an average of around 360 guests/hour using the ROTR LL, which works out to around 24% of riders.

We're doing the same at WDW this weekend. Let me know which other attractions you'd like to measure.

Animaniac93-98

Okay, we did some premininary counting at Disneyland yesterday, over two hours, at BTMRR and ROTR.

We're assuming:
  • Both attractions are running at the average hourly capacity we've measured in the past:
  • There's some DAS use in here that we can't easily separate, so paid LL use is likely lower.
We saw an average of around 680 guests/hour using the BTMRR LL, which works out to around 31% of riders.

We saw an average of around 360 guests/hour using the ROTR LL, which works out to around 24% of riders.

We're doing the same at WDW this weekend. Let me know which other attractions you'd like to measure.

I'd be interested in direct comparisons to see if the % is higher at WDW. I would not be surprised if more people are buying it at WDW.

Disstevefan1

We're assuming:

@lentesta , you got data like this for WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom