People who STILL don't know how to use Fastpass....

Mansion Butler

When you've got a huge group like that, why not just wait in stand-by?
. . . because you don't want to stand in a longer line. . .

I have a problem with a huge group doing that. I suppose in the long run, it doesn't matter, but it kinda undermines the whole spirit of the fast pass system. .
I'm really not understanding how. I've delt with tour groups getting in the FP line all at once before, and it's a temporary gum up, but I'm not seeing anything "wrong" with it.

Mansion Butler

I don't think I have ever been called so many names, the most of which being "racist", while parking strollers.

While I understand people not getting it back then, the vehement reaction so people had baffles me to this day, especially the cries of racism.
There is no where I have ever seen where (some) guests are more abusive than Fastpass Merge. It's amazing how much vitirol people will focus at an innocent person who is merely doing his or her job when it inconveniences them (because of their own mistake).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The most frequent Fastpass "oops" that I hear is guests that think they can only get one fastpass for the entire day. I actually overheard a family debating which attraction they could get a fastpass for, because once they did, "we can't get a new one until tomorrow."

This kills me, because it's very clearly printed on the fastpass the exact minute you are allowed to get another one. All you have to do is read.

DisneyJunkie

I found on my most recent trip that people still can't get the hang of the fact that you have a window of time on the Fastpass in which you can use it. They don't seem to get that you can't show up 5-10 minutes before your FP is good and think you can get in early.

Figment632

I found on my most recent trip that people still can't get the hang of the fact that you have a window of time on the Fastpass in which you can use it. They don't seem to get that you can't show up 5-10 minutes before your FP is good and think you can get in early.

This isn't really true because Disney does not enforce that rule at all. You can use a FP hours or sometimes even days after geeting it.

trendicoff

This isn't really true because Disney does not enforce that rule at all. You can use a FP hours or sometimes even days after geeting it.

Hours, yes assuming it's not ridiculously crowded, but days, not a chance. That would be a terminable offense for our area.

TURKEY

That's true, but the post you quoted mentioned getting in line before your time. I've never seen that happen. After - lots, but never before.

Wishes 1971

I agree. We did this during our visit last time to Animal Kingdom. We arrived at park opening, went straight to EE, got fast passes, and rode via stand-by. We then rode using our FPs. ON the way to Kilimanjaro Safaris, we FP'd EE again (we were flying out mid afternoon, so our day at AK was going to end by 11:00).

The only part of our plan that failed......by the time we findished the Safari (there was a decent stand-by wait), we needed to leave before we could use our FPs on EE....so we gave them to five (5) unsuspecting guests arriving at AK!!!!

In hindsight, we probably should have FP'd the Safari, and tried to ride EE!!!!

SonicRuin

We got burned something fierce by Fast Pass on our recent trip. I get the FP, I use it, but sometimes it is evil. They need to regulate when people DO come back. On a recent Spash Mountain trip we went into the Stand-By line. It said 30 minutes and we had been finding that the time shown had been on the high side all week. So we went with the Stand-By. Welp, suddenly we saw the people start going into the Fast Pass line. Then more people...then more...then more yet. Everybody around us understood Fast Pass, but all of us were in shock by what was happening. It eventually took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the end of the line and board the ride! It seemed that everybody who had got a FP earlier in the day chose that precise time to use their pass! It was unreal! At one point the FP line was almost as long as the stand-by!

Mansion Butler

The most frequent Fastpass "oops" that I hear is guests that think they can only get one fastpass for the entire day. I actually overheard a family debating which attraction they could get a fastpass for, because once they did, "we can't get a new one until tomorrow."

This kills me, because it's very clearly printed on the fastpass the exact minute you are allowed to get another one. All you have to do is read.
Another one I get alot is people who don't realize they need a fastpass for everyone and just put one ticket in. I don't know how they don't think the flaw in that through before assuming, or why they don't ask the very visible distribution cast member, but whatever. Happens constantly.

I also don't know why it's apparently a hassle to do so. I don't think they're all trying to cheat the system and annoyed that they can't.

Mansion Butler

Hours, yes assuming it's not ridiculously crowded, but days, not a chance. That would be a terminable offense for our area.
Terminable? Seriously? When I was in a FP area we were definitely told to check the dates, but I don't think we'd even get a conversation out of it if we didn't.

ClownBaby

Do the maps still have instructions on them? I know it's asking a lot of some people to read but those that don't understand something completely would benefit from some instruction.

I think for the sake of the less intuitive people there should at least be some basic information on how they work at each kiosk.

GoCamels

The lack of FastPass knowledge before you go to the Parks is on the same level of not at least having a basic plan of attack when you visit the Parks.

After the first trip with my wife, not wanting to use a plan, she got it on the second visit. The days we stuck to a "plan" like in The Unofficial Guide/TouringPlans.com, it was a great day. The days we got off track, not so much. On our visit this June, we were strict on the plan and had a fantastic time...the extra walking/skipping rides that are no wait to get FPs for later in the day or back to back rides as the plan says to do when you get there at open are worth the trouble.

And here's a new graphic for ya'...

picture.php

Lucky

IBesides I think comments like "You think you're so special because you have a pass" is indicative of a deeper issue than simply not knowing how it works. Sounds like the middle of an argument or a very confrontational approach for a stranger in a queue.
Sometimes. But sometimes people may say something like that just as a friendly joke. When you're walking rapidly past the people in the stand-by line you can't always be sure what they're saying or how they mean it.

Mansion Butler

I think for the sake of the less intuitive people there should at least be some basic information on how they work at each kiosk.
We do one better: we put a living, breathing human being who knows how they work there to answer any questions and explain it.

Sometimes. But sometimes people may say something like that just as a friendly joke. When you're walking rapidly past the people in the stand-by line you can't always be sure what they're saying or how they mean it.

I dunno. I've definitely heard that stuff constantly. And not kidding. There are pretty constantly guests who get angry at FP holders and hurl verbal assaults at them as they walk by.

I_heart_Tigger

First of all, I still don't condone giving dirty looks or rude comments to people in the FP line from people in the SB line but another scenario which hasn't been mentioned is that maybe they DO in fact know how to use FP they just weren't able to get one.

On my last trip we park hopped so often hit some parks in the afternoon and found a few rides (TSMM, PP, Splash, EE, ToT, RnR, Soarin, TT and probably others) ran out of Fastpasses by the time we got there.

So maybe the dirty looks aren't from people who have no idea how to use it but were upset that by noon they were all gone and they weren't able to get any.

Also, for the few people who responded when I said that I knew people having their first trip and didn't know wll the ropes and was told they should have done research, while I agree that research should be done to help the trip go smoothly, I would hope that Disney fans would allow for some margin of learning about things while at the parks.

I certainly don't expect everyone to know within the first hour of arrival how and when to get FP's and which rides will need them first, which restaurants need ADR's and which part of the DP they fall under, which entertainment can be cxl'd due to weather, which mornings and nights are EMH, which parks are busiest on what days and hours etc etc etc. They may have looked into all of this but not have memorized every bit so there will be a little confusion until they access the proper info.

The people I know that have returned from their trips all managed to use FP once they got there and I must admit, they were given incorrect information by CM's ... one was told that no more TT FP were being given out for the day and got to TT to find out they were still available. Another family was told at AK they could only get one FP at a time and this was when the FP island was set up and they managed to get 4 FP's at the same time for the family.

I'm leaning towards giving people the benefit of the doubt. I never noticed one dirty look in all the FP's I used on my last trip so I never experienced what other people have but I know I had to wait in some lines I wish I had FP's for but wasn't able to so while I may have looked tired, I hope no one thought I was giving them dirty looks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom