• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News People mover now reopened!

The Rocketeer

I think I know the answer already, but any chance the TTA will actually open on the 3rd? I'm taking a quick trip down about this time next month and I'm hoping its open by then, though I won't hold my breath.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think I know the answer already, but any chance the TTA will actually open on the 3rd? I'm taking a quick trip down about this time next month and I'm hoping its open by then, though I won't hold my breath.
1615860385742.png

DoleWhipDrea

It’s not impossible but I wouldn’t plan around refurbishment dates that Disney gives out.

I’m feeling like it will reopen by summer, though.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Right now, nobody (including Disney) knows when Peoplemover will reopen. They still seem to be wrestling with reliably resolving the bumping issue on restart and it will not reopen until that is resolved 100%. Any date published is a target and nobody should assume it will reopen on that date.

Magicart87

〝𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺-𝘖!〞
Premium Member
Quick Question: What is proper ramp etiquette? Should one stand in place or walk up the ramp?
Follow up question: Should a sign be posted?
Follow up, Follow up question: Will the up ramp be activated or remain stationary?

_caleb

Quick Question: What is proper ramp etiquette? Should one stand in place or walk up the ramp?
Follow up question: Should a sign be posted?
Follow up, Follow up question: Will the up ramp be activated or remain stationary?
My money is on it remaining stationary. Otherwise, they need a CM at the bottom to limit the number of people going up so that the loading platform doesn’t get too crowded for safety. Even then, it’s a chore to manage vs. just leaving it off.

Unbanshee

Goofyernmost

My money is on it remaining stationary. Otherwise, they need a CM at the bottom to limit the number of people going up so that the loading platform doesn’t get too crowded for safety. Even then, it’s a chore to manage vs. just leaving it off.
Just think about how much money a movie theater could make if they were to just sell tickets and never pay to acquire and show the movie. They could just hire someone to block people from entering the theater and not give folks what they paid for.

I honestly do not have a clue about what is going on with the Peoplemover, but it would seem counterproductive to just not let people ride it. It does seem to be taking them longer to fix whatever problem exists then it took the original engineers to operate it safely for the last 50 years. Doesn't say much for our technological advancement does it? I wonder if it has to do with the increasing number of snowflakes that get all shook up when the ride vehicles lightly bump each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom