News People mover now reopened!

JoeCamel

Trons exterior is still being worked on, so, why doesn't anyone post about updates? pictures?
To be clear, id like to see Tron Tron torn down.
Also, WEDWAY Peoplemover is one of my favorite Magic Kingdom attractions.
But we know what the exterior will be like? Don't expect them to run the train track and landscape before they start full construction again. They are just putting the canopy together. Maybe if you ask in that thread someone will post but without the PM running it is a lot tougher to see.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Trons exterior is still being worked on, so, why doesn't anyone post about updates? pictures?
To be clear, id like to see Tron Tron torn down.
Also, WEDWAY Peoplemover is one of my favorite Magic Kingdom attractions.
Because TRON is guaranteed to be reopening one day. Meanwhile PeopleMover was shuttered at Disneyland and folks here are always on edge that the same fate could happen to MK’s if it just gave up.

We know TRON is going to open one day without a doubt. We don’t know if Disney will just give up on PeopleMover or they find it not worth it.

Think about how Disney managed the closing of 20,000 leagues.

mlayton144

Is it possible the PM isn’t open because they don’t want people to see the TRON construction site and the mess of all of the construction materials and equipment in that area, especially at ground level ? I suspect that is the issue because no one can tell me this ride is so complicated they couldn’t have fixed it by now

Unbanshee

Is it possible the PM isn’t open because they don’t want people to see the TRON construction site and the mess of all of the construction materials and equipment in that area, especially at ground level ? I suspect that is the issue because no one can tell me this ride is so complicated they couldn’t have fixed it by now

Unlikely. It was open before during construction and you can see into the site from the Barnstormer queue

JoeCamel

It is ancient tech they are trying to integrate with modern legal standards so parts are custom, expensive and hard to source/manufacture. Think putting a state of the art Tesla into a 1970's muscle car with all the drivability of the Tesla and the structure and propulsion of the old school ride.
Yes I can tell you it is that complicated to reach the goal

dreday3

It is ancient tech they are trying to integrate with modern legal standards so parts are custom, expensive and hard to source/manufacture. Think putting a state of the art Tesla into a 1970's muscle car with all the drivability of the Tesla and the structure and propulsion of the old school ride.
Yes I can tell you it is that complicated to reach the goal

But that would be a really cool car. Get to work on that.

GymLeaderPhil

That's how they've always done it. There is a cm stationed at the bottom of the ramp telling you when you may ascend.
A very long time ago the PeopleMover used to operate without a Cast Member at the bottom of the ramp. They used to run it like Pirates and Space with no one present. If the Cast Members at the station had to stop either speedramp, they’d have to call over to the Carousel of Progress to have someone come over to help them restart it.

The sharp increase of people carrying strollers and wheelchairs over the turnstile and up the speedramp (among other issues) forced Disney to station someone down stairs for safety.

007mickey

But that would be a really cool car. Get to work on that.
MotorTrend TV - Vintage Voltage. They do exactly what you are asking, old school euro cars with modern electric technology; it's outstanding. Highly recommend if you enjoy automotive shows.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
As REGULAR guests...not VIPs. They can't truly understand the experience unless they're experiencing it the same way Joe Schmoe does.
I used to do this when I was in park management. I intentionally tried to disguise myself as much as possible, wait in queue, etc... it worked somewhat often. I made notes, we made changes and improved systems and training. (Not Disney). I can’t stress enough how important this is!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
These are the views you can get without being on the PeopleMover, so I think it is pretty safe to say that the view isn't an issue for them.

Tron_Full_41295.jpg

Tron_Full_41289.jpg

The Rocketeer

I think I know the answer already, but any chance the TTA will actually open on the 3rd? I'm taking a quick trip down about this time next month and I'm hoping its open by then, though I won't hold my breath.

DoleWhipDrea

It’s not impossible but I wouldn’t plan around refurbishment dates that Disney gives out.

I’m feeling like it will reopen by summer, though.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Right now, nobody (including Disney) knows when Peoplemover will reopen. They still seem to be wrestling with reliably resolving the bumping issue on restart and it will not reopen until that is resolved 100%. Any date published is a target and nobody should assume it will reopen on that date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom