People are so ignorant...

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Today in one of my classes the professor was telling a story about how he is obsessed with planning. Well he was telling about how he planned like crazy for a trip to Disney World and he was all like "well the first ride we went on was Spiderman." I wanted to literally yell out "That's at Universal you fool!" haha Has anyone else had one of these moments where you wanted to correct someone about Disney but kept your mouth shut?

EpcotGrl

When I was asked, by one guest immediately after the other: "Where's the Shrek ride?" and "Didn't you used to have penguins in the ice cave?" :hammer:

dclfan

Yes I can totally relate. Once i was talking to my friend and her Mom and I said where are you staying and she said Magic Kingdom?????????????????

EpcotGrl

dclfan said:
Yes I can totally relate. Once i was talking to my friend and her Mom and I said where are you staying and she said Magic Kingdom?????????????????

Which reminds me of the third most asked question at Epcot: "How do we get on the train that takes us to Disney World?" *headdesk* :)

Halfling418

ahem, ok some of what I've heard..
the parks:
--"The Magical Kingdom" aka Magic Kingdom
--"Mission to Mars" aka Mission Space

and movies people think are Disney:
--Anastasia
--The Road to El Dorado
--Antz
--Spirit
--Robots
--The Prince of Egypt
--Ferngully
--The Land Before Time
--Sinbad
*while I love a few of these movies, they aren't Disney*

and movies people refuse to believe are Disney:
--Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and many other Touchtone--hello! Touchtone is Disney!
--some people still don't know Pirates is Disney...
--The Nightmare Before Christmas (I had to explain to a few that Tim Burton was a former Disney animator, made up the poem that inspired the movie while he was still working at Disney, came back, checked to see if Disney stilll had the rights to the poem and the idea, Disney did, so he struck a deal and they were off and running with the film)

People have also called WDW "Disneyland" before--I mean, Disneyland can fit into the PARKING LOT of Disney World!

People also think that only MK is WDW...and that EPCOT, MGM, and Animal Kingdom are different companies. (They do the same with Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure--both are Universal, people!)

And there are always those who still cling to the messed up Disney urban legends...Walt is frozen, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :) Now I must make up a speech that I have to give at 7:00--woo hoo! last speech for public speaking this semester!! Wooooot.

se8472

I think I have said this on here before but I feel like staying it again.

Had a guest come up to me and ask where was the spiderman ride. I told him it was at IOA, at first he didn't belive me, then wanted to know why we MOVED it there.

Captain Hank

I get guests all the time asking for Shrek and Loony Tunes merchandise. They usually come in at the busiest time, too while I'm trying to help other guests.

gsimpson

One of my favorites is when someone in the family or a friend tells me they are going to go to Disney World and they have two days so they want to know what else they can do after they have seen everything at Disney World. I suggest they go join the US Olympic track team since apparently they can run both long and fast.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have to cringe everytime I hear someone refer to Spaceship Earth as a a "big ball" or the "giant golf ball." And, of course, we all know that Animal Kingdom is Nahtazu.

disneysailor

My favourite when I worked on the Disney Wonder:

Me: Good afternoon, Disney Wonder Guest Services. How can I help?
Guest: Hi, I'm really annoyed. I've just arrived on board and got to my room. I paid for a sea view room and I havent got one!
Me: I can see that you're in room xxxx, which is classified as a sea view room.
Guest: Well, I can tell you I haven't got a sea view room, and I'm really p*ssed off. I paid extra for a sea view!
Me: Are you sure you havent got a sea view? Are you calling from your own room?
Guest: Yeah, when I look out the window, all I can see is a concrete wall.
Me: Yes, madam. That's the dock. When we set sail, you will be able to see the sea. I promise.

The worst thing was, I was training a new crew member who was listening to the call at the time, so I had to work really hard to keep a straight face! :brick: :lol:

tecowdw

disneysailor said:

Guest: Hi, I'm really annoyed. I've just arrived on board and got to my room. I paid for a sea view room and I havent got one!
Guest: Well, I can tell you I haven't got a sea view room, and I'm really p*ssed off. I paid extra for a sea view!
Me: Yes, madam. That's the dock. When we set sail, you will be able to see the sea. I promise.

The worst thing was, I was training a new crew member who was listening to the call at the time, so I had to work really hard to keep a straight face! :brick: :lol:
No way?!?!? You've got to be kidding?!?!?
Don't you sometimes feel like you're the only intelligent life on Earth?? ;)

StitchCrazy626

disneysailor said:

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Irrawaddy Erik

I was greeting at the front of safaris on a VERY slow day....A lady and her family came through. She asked what it was so I told her that it was an open air safari through East Africa. Well she gets all excited and they enter the queue. About five minutes later she comes back out all mad. She tells me "The truck left without us". :brick:

Disney4Eva

This may sound weird, but my own family is ignorant about Disney sometimes. We always go to Disney World together, and they love it just as much as I do. But they continue to refer to "Philharmagic" as "Philharmickey". Plus, they call "Mission: Space" "Mission to Mars". I'm being picky, but no matter how many times I remind them, they never get it right.

diddy_mouse

wow...i'm still reeling from the "sea view" story....that takes the cake :lol:

i still love the lady i saw on at bus going to Blizzard Beach who was with her family (children, grandchildren) and she was flipping through her highlighted and post-it note flagged guidebook, frantically looking to see if you really fly off the end of Summit Plummet. :brick:

tinkerbellish

Thanks disneysailor! I needed a good laugh and boy oh boy did I get one! Some people are just absolutlely, positively, undeniably, unbelievable! :lol:

gemini

This thread reminds me of the ones that sometimes pop up at the Cedar Point fan site that I run. I guess deep down, it's all the same.

As hard as it might be to understand, not everyone is a Disney nerd. I'm sure if some of you talked to a different hobby geek about {insert obsession here}, you'd sound just as silly to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom