Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

celluloid

Did you know Tiana visited EPCOT as a child and met her friend Chris Pratt while she was there?

She also built a time machine to do this, but that's more of an incidental detail.

And now Chriss Pratt already has access to a time machine. And he only had to go back to the 1930s to see her, not like it was all the way back to the Frontier or anything.

UNCgolf

It's what I want.

Would they realistically do it? Possibly, if only because of the extra time and attention this IP is getting.

The best option would be to turn it into a TS restaurant with a regular menu (no prix fixe ripoff), and have live jazz on the stage. Wouldn't need to have specific seatings for a show -- just have the band (or multiple different bands) play with 15-30 minute breaks so no one would miss them playing for at least part of their meal.

V_L_Raptor

The best option would be to turn it into a TS restaurant with a regular menu (no prix fixe ripoff), and have live jazz on the stage. Wouldn't need to have specific seatings for a show -- just have the band (or multiple different bands) play with 15-30 minute breaks so no one would miss them playing for at least part of their meal.
I would hope Disney would get its entertainment operations ducks in a row to allow for any kind of performance (as well as to ensure that the musicians were treated fairly, because that can get grueling the way Disney likes to penny-pinch), but that's... well, a work in progress, say.

Somehow, I keep thinking they'd do well to go the New Orleans route with the stuff they wanted to put out past Splash and BTMRR in their recent Blue Sky yippee-skippee, but my thinking that doesn't mean anything for the future deployment of Fun'n'Wonder(TM).

FettFan

It will just be Tiana's first out west franchise locale for combining her unique Canjun flavoring with the Tex Mex of the Southwest and they have invited her diverse friends fromother Disney properties to adorn the walls. Then they can call it a day.
d112a3be-3d96-4804-bb9d-2638a938ebe9_text.gif

FettFan

If they could call it Tiana's Mile long Cafe in nods to it's original name from the mile long bar would work.

But, If it is true if Pecos gets rethemed it does remove the tarnish this animated short had..And yet we still have the native Americans on peter pans flight..

Yeah but if you remove each and every little thing due to offending sensibilities, you risk winding up with a park experience that’s bland and uninspired.

Should they remove the Haunted Mansion’s hanging Ghost Host because someone affected by suicide might take offense?

Should they remove ‘Mama, Don’t Whup Little Buford’ from the Country Bears because of the connotations of domestic abuse and gun violence? (“I think you should shoot him instead!”)
They already removed Melvin, Max and Buff’s jabs at Trixie’s weight back when they shortened the show to exclude Zeke’s performance of ‘Devilish Mary’.

Or how about getting rid of the Barnabas T Bullion backstory from the BTMRR queue?
It’s obviously a reference to the robber barons/captains of industry who cracked down on union membership, which is still going on today with retailers like Target and Amazon.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah but if you remove each and every little thing due to offending sensibilities, you risk winding up with a park experience that’s bland and uninspired.

Should they remove the Haunted Mansion’s hanging Ghost Host because someone affected by suicide might take offense?

Should they remove ‘Mama, Don’t Whup Little Buford’ from the Country Bears because of the connotations of domestic abuse and gun violence? (“I think you should shoot him instead!”)
They already removed Melvin, Max and Buff’s jabs at Trixie’s weight back when they shortened the show to exclude Zeke’s performance of ‘Devilish Mary’.

Or how about getting rid of the Barnabas T Bullion backstory from the BTMRR queue?
It’s obviously a reference to the robber barons/captains of industry who cracked down on union membership, which is still going on today with retailers like Target and Amazon.

Don't forget about the whole feudalism thing with hereditary royalty and inbreeding. Bring out the serfs!

UNCgolf

The only problem is the location means you can't have what WDSP has where you get off the ride and see into the restaurant.

Yeah, but not going to have that regardless. Putting it back there next to the attraction would make a lot more sense than putting it out in the regular, "real world" part of the France pavilion.

My main concern is just fixing the creperie though. I assume if they decided to turn it into Remy's restaurant they'd do something about the awful interior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom