Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

Communicora

Premium Member

celluloid

It will just be Tiana's first out west franchise locale for combining her unique Canjun flavoring with the Tex Mex of the Southwest and they have invited her diverse friends fromother Disney properties to adorn the walls. Then they can call it a day.

Sir_Cliff

Nobody in the last 30 years has EVER associated Pecos Bill's with Splash Mountain. Splash and Thunder go together. Pecos Bill's and Country Bears go together.

Besides, reconstruction Georgia isn't the Old West, either. TBA is no more thematically out of place than Splash Mountain was.
This is what I always think whenever the prospect of re-theming Pecos Bill's to fit with TBA: it seems like a solution in search of a problem, at least as far as thematic consistency goes. It's not like the current restaurant and Splash were themed to the same time or place. If anything, creating a little New Orleans area across from TBA that moves the Louisiana theming out from the fairly self-contained mountain and area behind the train tracks into Frontierland proper just makes Big Thunder's placement seem more awkward.

If what they want is somewhere to sell beignets and cajun food, that's a separate issue which might explain this. Thematically, though, it would be better if they could find a way to turn the area behind the train tracks into a Louisiana mini-land and put the restaurant there.

Ghost93

This is what I always think whenever the prospect of re-theming Pecos Bill's to fit with TBA: it seems like a solution in search of a problem, at least as far as thematic consistency goes. It's not like the current restaurant and Splash were themed to the same time or place. If anything, creating a little New Orleans area across from TBA that moves the Louisiana theming out from the fairly self-contained mountain and area behind the train tracks into Frontierland proper just makes Big Thunder's placement seem more awkward.

If what they want is somewhere to sell beignets and cajun food, that's a separate issue which might explain this. Thematically, though, it would be better if they could find a way to turn the area behind the train tracks into a Louisiana mini-land and put the restaurant there.
I would really like a Tiana's Palace and have no attachment to Pecos Bill (I Saw Melody Time, didn't care for it). So that's why I'm on board with the Pecos retheme.

Also, if this convoluted Food Cooperative story is going to be so integral to the plot of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, you need SOME type of food tie in. You can't have an entire ride about finding special ingredients for food and then not give guests the chance to eat said food right after!

celluloid

Splash has far more building space than most rides have dedicated to it. They could certainly do quick service Cajun and Creole food with The Briar Patch and Splashdown for the rest and or snack carts.

This is just a cheap way out.

note2001

Seems to me to properly theme Pecos Bills to Tiana's Palace, they'd need to make it look like an old converted riverfront warehouse inside and out. I think they have room for it, but certainly as others have said, demolition would need to be done.

In the movie the warehouse looks as though it is made of brick with stucco on the exterior... not something one would find in frontierland, but it could work with Adventureland. They'd simply need to angle the entrance so it is visible only from "Splash" and add 15 ft or so of transitional camoflage to the frontierland side... perhaps some trees, proper paint. I know the imagineers could pull it off. Key is not to impact the roadway - those parade floats need the space.

I'd welcome this change - Pecos Bills felt dark, cramped and always made me ill. Hopefully Tiana's wouldn't.

Last edited:

note2001

Splash has far more building space than most rides have dedicated to it. They could certainly do quick service Cajun and Creole food with The Briar Patch and Splashdown for the rest and or snack carts.

This is just a cheap way out.
Are you talking about adding a QS to the ride buildings? If so, they can't do that due to fire codes alone.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

I would really like a Tiana's Palace and have no attachment to Pecos Bill (I Saw Melody Time, didn't care for it). So that's why I'm on board with the Pecos retheme.

Also, if this convoluted Food Cooperative story is going to be so integral to the plot of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, you need SOME type of food tie in. You can't have an entire ride about finding special ingredients for food and then not give guests the chance to eat said food right after!
I'm also indifferent to the current IP and get that a food location tied to the ride makes sense, I am just struggling to envision a New Orleans-themed restaurant swallowing up so much of Frontierland.

Thematically, it seems both unnecessary and a little counter-productive to me in terms of the transition from Frontierland to a Louisiana area around TBA. You'd think it would also blow the current transition that works very nicely from Caribbean Plaza to Frontierland. The only reason it would make any sense was if they really wanted to put in a restaurant tied to the ride and that was the only viable location. The space behind the railroad tracks does look tight, I guess...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Would laugh if they just changed the sign out front, but left everything else the same, and wrote a 3 page backstory about Tiana's Foods geographic and food production expansion to include western states and tacos.
Based on explanations for Cosic Rewind and TBA... yeah, this would totally be right in character for modern Disney!

UNCgolf

I feel like Diamond Horseshoe would work better and it's not too much farther away either.

Probably about the same distance as French Market to Splash at Disneyland.

Diamond Horseshoe's layout definitely resembles Tiana's Palace from the movie. It would also have stage show opportunities.

Plus, it could be an actual TS restaurant, which would make more sense than a QS Tiana's to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom