Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

SCOTLORR

More than likely. The previous plan (New Orleans Square) was scaled back and then shelved. If it goes CB-centric the surrounding land wouldn't require an extensive retheme being lumped in with "Critter Country" as will Tiana's Bayou Adventure, eventually. The idea gives credence to Frontierland being folded into it's adjoining lands (Liberty and Adventure) and New Frontierland (with new name) beginning Beyond Big Thunder. To work, Peco's would still require a retheme though not to the extent previously conceptualized with Tiana.
So if this comes to fruition, we're looking at MK getting it's own Critter Country ranging from CBJ to TBA?

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Where is this information coming from? I am inclined to doubt since folding Tiana’s premiere attraction into Critter Country seems infinitely more problematic than just leaving it as Frontierland.
My source. For now. I'm only posting what I heard to see if anything shakes prior to D23. Especially on the heels of the Disneyland rumors. To your point though, how so? Having TBA in Critter Country makes more thematic sense than current Frontierland.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

TBA would fit it in a land called Critter Country far better than a land called Frontierland. The ride is about gathering critters to play music at a party.
The Critters in TBA are barely an afterthought. TBA is incredibly focused on the human Tiana and her human run business. That’s more Frontierland than it is Critter Country…even if it’s barely even Frontierland.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
“Where is Tiana?”
“Critter Country.”
As opposed to
"Where is Tiana?"
"Frontierland"

If alluding to
"Where is Tiana?"
"New Orleans Square"...

Then yeah, I agree. This seems a knee-jerk solution due to budgetary reasons more than creative but if it means funds are allocated to bigger and better things "beyond"... Then fingers crossed.

Yes, but knowing this place, there could be problem.

Remember what former Imagineer Jim Shull was saying

Pretty sure Jim's got it wrong. If Zootopia is taking up residency in MK... outlook not so good.

Brer Oswald

As opposed to
"Where is Tiana?"
"Frontierland"

If alluding to
"Where is Tiana?"
"New Orleans Square"...

Then yeah, I agree. This seems a knee-jerk solution due to budgetary reasons more than creative but if it means funds are allocated to bigger and better things "beyond"... Then fingers crossed.

Pretty sure Jim's got it wrong. If Zootopia is taking up residency in MK... outlook not so good.
So their solution to the “TBA Frontierland problem” is by retheming it to the Brer Rabbit/SotS Land? Yes, Critter Country only exists because of Splash and the prevalent use of the word “Critter” within Song of the South.

This is so stupid, you couldn’t make this up 😂

GenChi

What a really bizzare thing to bring up or think of.

There is zero indication they are abandoning the Frontierland name or doing really anything to it besides lessening the wild west angle at the one end so the weird Critter Country talk is moot. And I'm seeing what they are going with for a more natural transition between attractions throughout the entire land and Beyond

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom