Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

Cmdr_Crimson

Do you think they’d rename Frontierland? I feel like the recognizability is too strong. Nearly 70 years of Frontierland being a thing (starting with the original, of course), it would be strange to throw it out. What would they even call the new land? Desertland? Southernland? I guess Westernland from overseas could work, but I really think Frontierland should stay
Frontierland in DLP is called Thunder Mesa..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Frontierland was never a literal term to abide by. It was always a land that represented America’s past. Rural midwestern and southern USA.
So, if I now live in rural Georgia, I'm in the Frontier?

The only difference between Frontierland 1971-2023 and Frontierland today is the visual intrusion of Bayou Adventure. I think they could’ve tweaked the facade in a way that didn’t change things too much but also just enough for the new theme. As is, it looks like it belongs in Adventureland.
So, the frontier never had 60 foot hills covered in vegetation?

Perhaps it's just a fault in nomenclature. "American Adventure" would have been quite apt.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So, if I now live in rural Georgia, I'm in the Frontier?

So, the frontier never had 60 foot hills covered in vegetation?

Perhaps it's just a fault in nomenclature. "American Adventure" would have been quite apt.

Lets leave it that the Disney company is quite lacking in historical, geographic, and temporal authenticity to get things to somewhat cohesively mesh together. They pick and choose what to identify and ignore. Such items like ignoring the whole feudal princess paradigm basis ...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lets leave it that the Disney company is quite lacking in historical, geographic, and temporal authenticity to get things to somewhat cohesively mesh together. They pick and choose what to identify and ignore. Such items like ignoring the whole feudal princess paradigm basis ...
Well, you know me. I'm just a Disney hater. So any chance I get to make points against Disney for their lack of thematic cohesion, I take it!!!!

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Frontierland in DLP is called Thunder Mesa..
1721675927871.png

No?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wasn’t Walt pretty clear that he never intended any sacred cows? Keep changing, growing, adding, and not looking back too far very often?
I agree! It’s about time that Main Street USA was replaced to reflect more marketable concepts that will drive guest spending and better incorporate IP.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah I know that, but they were saying that was the name of the land. Or at least that’s how I interpreted it in context of being a reply to a post talking about keeping the Frontierland name
It's just the name of the fictional town within the land itself..Which was also the intended attraction The Western River Expedition for Frontierland in MK in the spot where TBA and BTM stand...

Great! How about that theatre idea and we get some fun IP in there?
Real talk, a theater on Main Street that could house a few simulation theaters that rotate out show would be awesome. It’d be a great way to give attractions to characters and franchises that might not be strong enough for a permanent one. Could even use it for fan service by recreating old rides or something.

Brer Oswald

With all the changes coming to Frontierland, Pecos Bill will feel more and more out of place. I say knock it down and build a Tiana's Palace sit-down restaurant in its place.
They could just as easy turn it into something themed to the attached Country Bears. A Hungry Bear 2.0 with BBQ like in California. If that area of Frontierland is going for a Northwest national park vibe like the concept art suggests, it would fit perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom