Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

JoeCamel

Walt Disney would be going mad of a lot of things happening that make no sense, i hope PECO'S stays, i like the Mexican food they have there, but this new age CEO , there not cut from the same cloth, its all I.P for them, its about having IN&OUT 3,4 & 5, toy story 5,6,7, they unfortunately don't let imaginers, be imaginers, yes they still brilliant when given a task, but there not trusted to let them make up the stories , and thats the big shame, i like the wild west Frontierland theming, it may not be for every one, but i like it.
I hate to tell you but there is no Mexican food available at Pecos Bills although that menu is a lesson in inclusiveness.....

Mark Dunne

I hate to tell you but there is no Mexican food available at Pecos Bills although that menu is a lesson in inclusiveness.....

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe​

DininglocatedinFrontierlandatMagic Kingdom Park
Rustle up some grub at this Old West saloon! Tell tall tales over a fajita platter, southwestern salad and the bacon cheeseburger—all before riding off into the sunset with sweet treats like mini churros with dipping chocolate.
View Menu

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

Could we get this for Pecos?

More than likely. The previous plan (New Orleans Square) was scaled back and then shelved. If it goes CB-centric the surrounding land wouldn't require an extensive retheme being lumped in with "Critter Country" as will Tiana's Bayou Adventure, eventually. The idea gives credence to Frontierland being folded into it's adjoining lands (Liberty and Adventure) and New Frontierland (with new name) beginning Beyond Big Thunder. To work, Peco's would still require a retheme though not to the extent previously conceptualized with Tiana.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

More than likely. The previous plan (New Orleans Square) was scaled back and then shelved. If it goes CB-centric the surrounding land wouldn't require an extensive retheme being lumped in with "Critter Country" as will Tiana's Bayou Adventure, eventually. The idea gives credence to Frontierland being folded into it's adjoining lands (Liberty and Adventure) and New Frontierland (with new name) beginning Beyond Big Thunder. To work, Peco's would still require a retheme though not to the extent previously conceptualized with Tiana.
Wow. I would never have imagined that, given co-equal options, they would choose to retheme a restaurant around the Country Bears instead of Tiana’s Palace.

James Alucobond

I don’t really see country BBQ being any more thematically appropriate for the area than Mexican either.
Do you mean in DL or WDW? In WDW, it makes more “geographic” sense if you’re trying to cluster the northeast in Liberty Square, the Louisiana Purchase frontier in the area just beyond (Country Bears, Bayou Adventure, Harpers Mill), and the former Spanish possessions of the southwest and Mexico from Big Thunder onward.

easyrowrdw

Do you mean in DL or WDW? In WDW, it makes more “geographic” sense if you’re trying to cluster the northeast in Liberty Square, the Louisiana Purchase frontier in the area just beyond (Country Bears, Bayou Adventure, Harpers Mill), and the former Spanish possessions of the southwest and Mexico from Big Thunder onward.
World. When I think of BBQ, I think of Texas and other places west of the Mississippi (sorry NC). And it’s the same for me with Mexican or Tex-Mex. Neither really goes with the bayou but both fit the frontier. The whole thing* made sense to me before but Tiana’s just throws it all out of whack.

I feel like it’s all a mess at this point and I return again to a desire to not lose a reasonably priced option when there’s an overpriced one right there for the replacing.

*I guess Splash was supposed to be Georgia. I never got that from looking at it though. So maybe Tiana blends in enough with the aesthetic that it doesn’t really matter.

James Alucobond

World. When I think of BBQ, I think of Texas and other places west of the Mississippi (sorry NC). And it’s the same for me with Mexican or Tex-Mex. Neither really goes with the bayou but both fit the frontier. The whole thing* made sense to me before but Tiana’s just throws it all out of whack.
It depends what style of barbecue and whether or not other dishes from Hungry Bear are retained. It currently has burgers, toned down hot chicken (Nashville), and "farmland" salads. Put Memphis barbecue in there, and you're referencing the same region as the Country Bears themselves.

easyrowrdw

It depends what style of barbecue and whether or not other dishes from Hungry Bear are retained. It currently has burgers, toned down hot chicken (Nashville), and "farmland" salads. Put Memphis barbecue in there, and you're referencing the same region as the Country Bears themselves.
That makes sense. If they go that route (again, thinking of if this happens at WDW), I really do hope they “rebuild” Frontierland past Thunder Mountain. I’d hate to lose it just because they wanted to get rid of Splash and couldn’t think of anything better than Tiana (I don’t hate the ride, just think it’s in the wrong place).

Streetway

Wait is Frontierland not gonna be “Frontierland” anymore? What about “Thunder mesa” as a nod to WRE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom