PC Redhead Meet and Greet

Professortango1

True but at least the performance was memorable and the original scene was funny. They didn’t even try with the new scene.

I'll have to wait to see how it turns out. While I think the new scene has just as much potential to be funny, it seems the WDW version suffers some really bad writing.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I'll have to wait to see how it turns out. While I think the new scene has just as much potential to be funny, it seems the WDW version suffers some really bad writing.
I keep hoping they'll have taken constructive criticism from the WDW version and thought enough to make ours different. But my gut tells me we're in for another chicken show. Someone call the Colonel!

TROR

Not just bad writing, but also unfunny gags and bad voice acting. Even the lifelike animatronic sculpt is out of place with Marc Davis' characters. There is nothing good about this change imo.

Shigg. W. McGee

Rich Evans would be proud.
VastFrigidHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

I’m really hoping we get something more like the DLP version with the redhead that actually looks like the original character just standing there looking badass. That scene at least has some dignity.

Of course we’ll get the same bad joke they got in WDW with the forced cartoon dialogue and the recycled face mask.

Shigg. W. McGee

Wish there was something like Red Letter Media but for theme parks. Saw someone on Twitter suggesting a Rotten Tomatoes system for theme parks, too. Really wish there was more true critics of themed entertainment.
At least we have... Tony Goldmark? Actually, never mind.

Donaldfan1934

Original Poster
Puh-leeze. I'd be shocked if the sheep aren't practically knocking each other over to pose for Instagram pics, blog, report, and buy whatever Redd stuff Disney lays in their path this summer. You people still haven't accepted the reality that, despite the vocal online critics which might lead a casual observer to think otherwise, Disneyland fans will consume almost anything the company throws at them.
While you are correct that there is a sizable subset of Disneyland fans that will eat up anything Disney feeds them without criticism, the changes currently being made to auction scene are amongst the very few things Disney has done that have truly received near unanimous hatred on all fronts. In this case, that army of rabid fans are a small minority, so calling more attention to it certainly isn't going to help matters much.

D

Deleted member 107043

While you are correct that there is a sizable subset of Disneyland fans that will eat up anything Disney feeds them without criticism, the changes currently being made to auction scene are amongst the very few things Disney has done that have truly received near unanimous hatred on all fronts. In this case, that army of rabid fans are a small minority, so calling more attention to it certainly isn't going to help matters much.

Remember a few weeks ago when people were here saying the same thing about Pixar Fest and the alien popcorn buckets? So I think you might have it backwards. It's not the rabid Disney fans who are a small majority, it's the online Disney critics who are, and I suspect many of them are rabid fans on the down low.

donaldtoo

So many folks unmentionables wadded up over this...!!!!! :rolleyes:
Who doesn't know by now that there are NO
boundaries for the current "TWDC"...!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Donaldfan1934

Original Poster
This also underscores DLR's vastly-superior-to-WDW character program. DLR is getting Redd and Edna Mode for meets this summer. WDW will get neither, although there's equal need. Magic Kingdom has the lamest character lineup of any Disney park in the world.
First time hearing about Edna Mode. That sounds awesome. Totally agree with your thoughts on WDW's character lineup. It just keeps getting smaller by the year.

Donaldfan1934

Original Poster
Remember a few weeks ago when people were here saying the same thing about Pixar Fest and the alien popcorn buckets? So I think you might have it backwards. It's not the rabid Disney fans who are a small majority, it's the online Disney critics who are, and I suspect many of them are rabid fans on the down low.
Keep in mind the words "in this case". You're not wrong to say that hypercritical Disney fans are in the minority in the grad scheme of things. But in this case, almost everyone who has caught wind of this change has been displeased with it and that includes rabid Disney fans and even the general public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom