paying trip w/ disney visa cc

dreamin_disney

How many pay for your trip using the chase disney visa card, so you get
0% finan. for 6 months? I'm thinking of getting this card for the 0% for 6 months. I plan on saving now, so 1/2 of the trip will be paid for.

My question will i quailfy for the 0% if i use the card to
-pay for my room through AAA?
-pay for room and tickets through resort or do i need a package

will things i buy at the park be included for the 0%
-food (not the dining plan)
-souviners
etc.
adding money to hotel key card?

Thanks

mousefan1972

Thanks for the info

another question. i have citi dividend card. I get 2% cash back on some purchases and 1% on other purchases, so i've been using that card a lot. Disney only offers $1 on every $100.00
-does disney visa ever offer double or bonus points?

i read so many of you have lots of dinsey $$ -how? I've read some of you pay utility-i didnt know you could pay with a cc. Do you pay your mortgage with it, that would be the only i could rak up so many points. tips please

I have the Citi dividend card, too. It gets 2% on gas, groceries, convenience stores, and utilities. 1% on eveything else. Disney is 1% on everything. We just did a promotion with the Disney card that ended March 31st where we got 5% rewards on certain purchases once we reached a $250 minimum. I got a notice about the promotion in the mail and also an email. Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0
You do not have to call Disney Directly to book vacation packages. AAA, when booking a package, books through Disney last time we booked, the travel agent called while we were there to confirm and book the package. I dont know if all travel agents call or through a live internet connection, book through the Disney. Either way, we got the 0% booking at a AAA office with our Chase Disney Visa.

Also, we have used our card all over our home state of Michigan, Ontario Canada, Chicago, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, and All the way from Detroit down to Florida and never ever had a problem using the card. And when we use it in Canada, theres no fee to convert from Canadian to US $$, like some of our other cards do.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

If you want to finance your trip w. 0% for 6 months, why not just book thru WDW travel and make monthly payments. As long as you have it paid for with in 45 days of your reservation you are good to go! To me that is the best way I can do it and get 0% financing. You don't get the extra points, but I fret putting anything on a credit card that I cannot pay for in 30 days.

That is what we do. I just make payments every other week until it is paid off. I understand wanting the points or whatever but my DH would never fall for that. (Dave Ramsey fan):rolleyes::lol:

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
This is my first time ever taking a family vacation. When i was single and younger i went to visit my dad a few times. As a family )dh and dd) we went to frisco for SIL graduation but we drove. Hotel ressie were made a week inadvance.

My first plan was to go to wdw in Dec but with work schedule change , Nov will be better now. I feel more comfortable paying at the last min (45 days ahead) for the trip. Hopefully i wont need the 0%. I belong to a creditunion and i have a x-mas acct set up. I figured i could make month payments for the trip. I can pullout the money one time before Nov payout. If for some reason i dont have enough, that money will go toward flights and the disney toward the 0%. Its just nice to have a back up.

Upvote 0

SAV

The other day we got a mailer from Chase/Disney to enter in a code and get 5 times DDRD's for on purchases in April, May and June. I did it right away. Too bad I booked my airfare for our trip the week before.:hammer:

Upvote 0

ELopez

The other day we got a mailer from Chase/Disney to enter in a code and get 5 times DDRD's for on purchases in April, May and June. I did it right away. Too bad I booked my airfare for our trip the week before.:hammer:

Yeah, we got that, too. But you only get the 5x DDRD for anything you spend over $900 in each month. Other than airfare, only gas and groceries count (but not superstores like Wal-mart & Target). I definitely don't spend that much (if I did, I couldn't afford to go to WDW!).

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Does anyone know if you book Cinderella's Royal Table and use your credit card at booking to pre-pay for the meal, is that subject to the 0% APR for 6 mos as well? Or is it just for vacation packages?

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Does anyone know if you book Cinderella's Royal Table and use your credit card at booking to pre-pay for the meal, is that subject to the 0% APR for 6 mos as well? Or is it just for vacation packages?

Unfortunately that won't count. Only on the following packages as JPVonDrake mentioned:

Walt Disney World vacation packages
Disneyland Resorts vacation packages
Disney Cruise Line vacation packages
Adventures by Disney vacation packages

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Just a few other tips on your Disney Visa that others haven't mentioned, since your original question has been answered....

-Buy your souvenirs in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, and show them your Disney Visa to get 20% off anything over $25 or more. You do not have to use your Visa, just show them you have it.

You actually have to spend $50 before tax at World of Disney and you receive only 10%.

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. I got my card two days ago and i plan on using it for everything! I figure as long as i have to pay bills and misc why not earn some rewards money. I told Dh , the rewards we get will be used towards food or sovuniors. Dont know how much we can earn from now until Oct. (Nov. trip)

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
I am a charter member too and i got the 5X rewards but mine says anything over $100 I am not sure about he superstore thing though...

charter member- is that just having a disney visa cc or is there different categories? I just got my card 2 days ago. I made my 1st charge today.
When and where did you get the 5X rewards?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Whenever I travel I call the credit card company. Believe me, when you get the call that somone in another state, that isn't you, is charging your card, you will be very happy. It has happened to us and the Disney Visa was great about it, I would never get rid of my card. I charge all the things we need and now I have over $200 for my trip this May. :slurp:
Yes, I work for a bank and whenever you're going to be traveling or spending a lot more than usual in a short amount of time, call your card company and let them know or they might shut off your card. I have to do this a lot =\
I charge absolutely everything I can on my Disney Visa and pay it off bi-weekly (when I get paid.) I'll have enough points to pay, at least, for our tickets next year.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

That happens to me every trip. My bank always calls the house and says someone is using my card to buy gas in Daytona, at a Target in Orlando, and checking into a hotel at WDW. I just think to myself doesn't all that seem to follow a plan or something? It isn't like those are a bunch of random places that aren't around each other or on the way some place from Georgia. I guess I appreciate them watching my card but geez, use some common sense. :rolleyes:

I had American Express call me one evening at home to ask if I just purchased 5 color televisions. Yes it is an inconvience when your away, but I'd rather have them call then fight with them later about purchases I did not make.

Upvote 0

Hulacat

To clarify...

The Chase Disney Rewards Visa Card 0% APR vacation financing for 6 months from the date of purchase is available on:

Walt Disney World vacation packages
Disneyland Resorts vacation packages
Disney Cruise Line vacation packages
Adventures by Disney vacation packages

You can take advantage of this anytime you travel when you or your travel agent book through the Walt Disney Travel Company. This benefit is automatically applied for qualifying packages and your account is in good standing with Chase*.

This offer is not available on room only reservations, or on ticket only purchases.

* Get 0% APR for 6 months on certain U.S. Theme Park ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, and Adventures by Disney packages $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction when booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company and charged to your Disney Rewards Visa Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions apply. For complete details be sure to refer to the Cardmember Agreement.
I am Sooooooooooooooooooooo ticked off. I called Chase THREE times and WDW twice (both times after CHASE told me to call WDW) to try to get the 0% interest rate for the remaining balance of our next vacation. As the booking WDW cast member had advised, I put $200 down to get the room and free dining. Had I known THEN that the 0% is only given on packages that MUST include tickets I would have done a different payment method or booked through DVC resale rental.
We are annual passholders, which I explained to WDW & Chase, so adding tickets onto the package would be stupid/useless.

Summary- I signed up for the Chase cards specifically for the rewards and special WDW trip financing. But Noooooooo, since we pay extra to Disney to be passholders, we can't get a special interest rate that others qualify for.

*******Question- Would you ditch the free dining and book through Dave's DVC rental & save about 1000?

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Yea you have to call your credit card companies and let them know that you are going on travel. They will reject most anything that is far away from your home address.

Its pretty easy, you just give them a range or dates and thats it. Probably a good thing they have it on there

We were advised from our bank to call credit card companies before a trip, also, BUT especially when traveling anywhere in Florida. I guess the incidences of theft and fraud are very high in FLorida. We always call wherever we go just to be safe and avoid a denial of use of a credit card. Never had a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom