paying trip w/ disney visa cc

dreamin_disney

How many pay for your trip using the chase disney visa card, so you get
0% finan. for 6 months? I'm thinking of getting this card for the 0% for 6 months. I plan on saving now, so 1/2 of the trip will be paid for.

My question will i quailfy for the 0% if i use the card to
-pay for my room through AAA?
-pay for room and tickets through resort or do i need a package

will things i buy at the park be included for the 0%
-food (not the dining plan)
-souviners
etc.
adding money to hotel key card?

Thanks

tigsmom

Directly from the Chase website...

0% APR vacation financing for 6 months from the date of purchase on select Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages and Adventures by Disney packages when you pay with your Disney Rewards Visa Card. You can take advantage of this anytime you travel when you or your travel agent book through the Walt Disney Travel Company and purchase a ticket inclusive Disney vacation package.2

Just the package is 0%, everything else you spend will earn you Reward Dollars to use at a later date.

Upvote 0

DeborJohn

I'm a "Day 1" cardholder. Several years ago, I booked through AAA, and I inquired about the 6 mo. with no interest. They had no idea what I was talking about. When I checked the credit card, it was charged to AAA, so I didn't get the 6 mo. to pay. I called bank one (now Chase) and they said it had to be purchased through Disney. Maybe things have changed, but I wouldn't count on it. This trip, we booked through Disney - price was the same as AAA! And, definately have the 6 mo.

The real reason for me to get the card, is the points. I have a good chunk of change in Disney Dollars!

Upvote 0

Wendy517

I carry the Disney Rewards Visa also, and we use it for all major purchases so we can get Rewards Points. To date, we (DH and I) have had no problems, and we've used it on at least 6 WDW vacations. We live in the Midwest, and have never been questioned on usage in FL. The only time Chase did call me was the first time when I paid the entire balance off after a WDW vacation :lookaroun (guess they thought I was going to cancel my card).

Upvote 0

krankenstein

After the lady swiped my card, she told me that my DISNEY VISA was refused. This seemed impossible since I pay off my account each month. Nonetheless I had to call the Disney Visa people, who told me that my card had been deactivated for "suspicious use."

That happens to me every trip. My bank always calls the house and says someone is using my card to buy gas in Daytona, at a Target in Orlando, and checking into a hotel at WDW. I just think to myself doesn't all that seem to follow a plan or something? It isn't like those are a bunch of random places that aren't around each other or on the way some place from Georgia. I guess I appreciate them watching my card but geez, use some common sense. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

elcodfish

Trip Planning

Whenever I travel I call the credit card company. Believe me, when you get the call that somone in another state, that isn't you, is charging your card, you will be very happy. It has happened to us and the Disney Visa was great about it, I would never get rid of my card. I charge all the things we need and now I have over $200 for my trip this May. :slurp:

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

If you want to finance your trip w. 0% for 6 months, why not just book thru WDW travel and make monthly payments. As long as you have it paid for with in 45 days of your reservation you are good to go! To me that is the best way I can do it and get 0% financing. You don't get the extra points, but I fret putting anything on a credit card that I cannot pay for in 30 days.

Upvote 0

hansel1

Whenever I travel I call the credit card company. Believe me, when you get the call that somone in another state, that isn't you, is charging your card, you will be very happy. It has happened to us and the Disney Visa was great about it, I would never get rid of my card. I charge all the things we need and now I have over $200 for my trip this May. :slurp:

Agreed! I also call my credit card companies and let them know I will be using my cards out of town. I give them the locations and dates of my trips. I have never had my card refused after doing that.

Upvote 0
Yea you have to call your credit card companies and let them know that you are going on travel. They will reject most anything that is far away from your home address.

Its pretty easy, you just give them a range or dates and thats it. Probably a good thing they have it on there

Upvote 0

lebeau

I've never had a problem using my card while traveling, but I did have my card shut down by the Disney store once. Apparently, they ran a $1.00 test transaction for an on-line order. The $1 transaction is apparently a flag for Chase and they shut down my card until I called them.

Fortunately, I've had nothing but good experiences whenever I've called customer service.

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
2 Decembers ago I was checking into the Polynesian, with an extended family of 8, including little kids, waiting for the 2 rooms I was renting.

After the lady swiped my card, she told me that my DISNEY VISA was refused. This seemed impossible since I pay off my account each month. Nonetheless I had to call the Disney Visa people, who told me that my card had been deactivated for "suspicious use."

When I asked what that "suspicious use" was - thinking someone was buying a plasma TV on my account or something, they told me someone had just rented a car from National Car rental at the Orlando Airport and was trying to use it at "WDW resort - does that name mean anything to you?"

I was stunned. These idiots had shut down my card because I was using it in Florida? I told them "WDW resort" stood for "Walt Disney World Resort, as in Disney company, as in DISNEY VISA."

These people were so freaking stupid, I had to talk to 2 supervisors before they could be convinced that someone with a Disney Visa card might actually want to use it in Disney World! I even had to get the front desk supervisor on board to confirm my identity. For 20 minutes this went on and on until FINALLY they unlocked my card. Needless to say, I wasn't happy and our sky-high enthusiasm for the trip really dipped standing in line.

I cancelled my Disney Card as soon as I got back home. Stupid dolts.

what a nightmare! glad it got strightened out

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

another question. i have citi dividend card. I get 2% cash back on some purchases and 1% on other purchases, so i've been using that card a lot. Disney only offers $1 on every $100.00
-does disney visa ever offer double or bonus points?

i read so many of you have lots of dinsey $$ -how? I've read some of you pay utility-i didnt know you could pay with a cc. Do you pay your mortgage with it, that would be the only i could rak up so many points. tips please

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Thanks for the info

another question. i have citi dividend card. I get 2% cash back on some purchases and 1% on other purchases, so i've been using that card a lot. Disney only offers $1 on every $100.00
-does disney visa ever offer double or bonus points?

i read so many of you have lots of dinsey $$ -how? I've read some of you pay utility-i didnt know you could pay with a cc. Do you pay your mortgage with it, that would be the only i could rak up so many points. tips please

Yes they do, on occasion. Register your account online (you don't have to pay that way) and you can keep track of all of the offers, order your Rewards card when you are ready and even re load it from there.

Upvote 0

ELopez

Ratatouille - I'm sorry that happened to you, but that story is HILARIOUS and totally worth it!

We're charter cardholders (or whatever they call it) of the Disney Visa. It's the only cc we ever use, and we've never had any problems with any travels. Only once did they call us for suspicious activity when we were trying to use it to buy a boat. Only we weren't buiying a boat. So I'm really glad they called.

To answer the last question, Disney Visa does offer special promotions to earn extra Reward dollars. They usually send mailings about it. I assume you can also check the website.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

i read so many of you have lots of dinsey $$ -how? I've read some of you pay utility-i didnt know you could pay with a cc. Do you pay your mortgage with it, that would be the only i could rak up so many points. tips please[/quote]

We r not allowed to pay our mortgage with it due to there policy, but we pay everything else with it food, gas, utilities everything, then pay it off at end of month with the money we would have used to pay those things with....:wave:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To clarify...

The Chase Disney Rewards Visa Card 0% APR vacation financing for 6 months from the date of purchase is available on:

Walt Disney World vacation packages
Disneyland Resorts vacation packages
Disney Cruise Line vacation packages
Adventures by Disney vacation packages

You can take advantage of this anytime you travel when you or your travel agent book through the Walt Disney Travel Company. This benefit is automatically applied for qualifying packages and your account is in good standing with Chase*.

This offer is not available on room only reservations, or on ticket only purchases.

* Get 0% APR for 6 months on certain U.S. Theme Park ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, and Adventures by Disney packages $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction when booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company and charged to your Disney Rewards Visa Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions apply. For complete details be sure to refer to the Cardmember Agreement.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Just a few other tips on your Disney Visa that others haven't mentioned, since your original question has been answered....

-Buy your souvenirs in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, and show them your Disney Visa to get 20% off anything over $25 or more. You do not have to use your Visa, just show them you have it.

-When booking any tours (exp. Keys to the Kingdom tour), pay with your Disney Visa and you will get 20% off. Make sure you tell them it's a Disney Visa.

-Whenever you book anything in Disney - rooms, reservations that are pre-paid, etc., let them know you're using a Disney Visa and ask if there are any discounts available to you. Often times there are and you don't even realize it.

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Original Poster
Just a few other tips on your Disney Visa that others haven't mentioned, since your original question has been answered....

-Buy your souvenirs in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, and show them your Disney Visa to get 20% off anything over $25 or more. You do not have to use your Visa, just show them you have it.

-When booking any tours (exp. Keys to the Kingdom tour), pay with your Disney Visa and you will get 20% off. Make sure you tell them it's a Disney Visa.

-Whenever you book anything in Disney - rooms, reservations that are pre-paid, etc., let them know you're using a Disney Visa and ask if there are any discounts available to you. Often times there are and you don't even realize it.
more saving:) Thanks for the x-tra info

Upvote 0

DISMOM

We have the Disney Visa. Love it. We pay all gas, food, trash bill, and everything else that we possibly can on it. Then we work hard and pay it off every month. Can't wait till MAY 4TH. PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER HERE WE COME. sorry about the yelling but I'm just so darned excited that I can't hardly work or sleep. Will have 550 Disney Reward Dollars to spend there. It's our own customized Dining Plan. and it didn't cost us a penny.!!!! ha. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom