Passholders can now add Dining Plans to Room only Reservations

Below is the e-mail that I recieved from Disney this morning:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

New! Passholders can now book Room Only Plus Dining Offers! These exclusive offers allow Annual Passholders to book rooms with the addition of the Disney Dining Plan, Disney Deluxe Dining Plan and Wine add-on. These packages also include Magic Your Way Package benefits!
For more information and to book your package, contact the Walt Disney Travel Company directly at 407-828-8101 to book your reservations.
Regular operating hours are from 7am to 10pm EST daily.

A valid adult Annual Pass is required at check-in. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults (18 or older) per room. No group rates or other programs apply. Advance reservations required. All prices and terms of this offer are subject to change without notice.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

I am on the phone right now adding the dining to a reservation in April.
:sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

Just curious if anyone else got an email on this? I am a passholder too and didn't get this. Of course I didn't get the email about the last set of passholder rates either even though they have my correct email address!

Does anyone know details about things like does the entire party have to have an AP and can we still add an AP rate to the room if we have the dining plan?

This is my first time having an AP so I'm not up on this stuff anyway.

Thank you!

There really haven't been many details released yet about this or how it will work. We should hear more in a couple of days.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I keep punching the numbers, too and even though we have character meals set up for 7 out of our 10 days, I still think DDE is the better deal for us. I wish DDP worked out to be a value to us--I would love to have our meals all paid for before we leave then I would only have to worry about spending money. I definitely think it pays off if you have more kids than adults...Unfortunately 2 of my kids are considered adults and that makes a huge difference.

Yep. My boys will be 11 & 12 on our next trip. It blows when they hit that 'considered an adult' age. More money. More money. :hammer:

I crunched the numbers again yesterday. We also have no less than 9 sit-downs scheduled. I still think for both our upcoming trips we're going to do better using the DDE rather than the dining plan. Especially when it's just DH and me in May. When we eat counter services we will share a sandwich/burger. When tips were included in the DDP it would have been a no-brainer. On our last trip when we used the DDP we left counter service credits behind. We just couldn't eat that much. It's a lot of food. I really did try to eat it all up so I'd be getting my full bang-for-the-buck. That much eating / snacking led to gaining nearly 10 pounds even with all the walking. I normally don't snack that much. I soooooo don't want to gain like that again... :hurl:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here is a twist....If we are using the DDP and order something not on the plan such as an appetizer or alcohol could we use our DDE discount on those items?

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Here is a twist....If we are using the DDP and order something not on the plan such as an appetizer or alcohol could we use our DDE discount on those items?

From actual experience a couple years ago, the answer is "Yes", although you do run the risk of hopelessly confusing the server.

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic4

I am confused now with the dining plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a room reservation for March 20-24. I am also a DVC member, but am staying at Pop so they can not help me with the dining plan. My problem is that I am an annual pass holder, my friend who is going with is not, and we want the dining plan, Disney told me I need to buy tickets to get the dining. But the first tread on here says you don't need to purchase tickets for room reservations. Which is true. Please let me know any information. If worst comes to worst I will get a base ticket and use that when I renew my AP and then my friend will jsut upgrade hers to the length of our stay.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I am confused now with the dining plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a room reservation for March 20-24. I am also a DVC member, but am staying at Pop so they can not help me with the dining plan. My problem is that I am an annual pass holder, my friend who is going with is not, and we want the dining plan, Disney told me I need to buy tickets to get the dining. But the first tread on here says you don't need to purchase tickets for room reservations. Which is true. Please let me know any information. If worst comes to worst I will get a base ticket and use that when I renew my AP and then my friend will jsut upgrade hers to the length of our stay.

What you were told is currently the policy, you have to have a Magic Your Way package to get the dining. We are also passholders. In December we booked the MYW w/dining package but we only purchased 1 day base tickets with the package. When we got on-site I made a trip to Guest Relations to buy my FL Seasonal passes. The CM who helped me made a note in the "system" that I would be needing a refund for the 4 MYW tickets. She didn't want to strip them from my room keys in fear it would "blow away" my dining credits. :shrug: So on the last day of our trip before leaving for the airport we made a quick run back to the MK Guest Relations where the 4 unused MYW base tickets were refunded to my credit card.

In the case of this thread, it has been rumored that Disney might begin offering DDP to passholders the way they do DVC peeps. The DDP would just be added to your room-only reservation without having to buy single tickets then go thru the hassle of getting them refunded. Again, this is only talk at this point. Disney's official stance is that it cannot be confirmed nor denied but is not yet available. I think another poster was told to call back on Thursday. Could be a hint. :cool: We shall see.

Have fun on your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

AllEars is reporting that adding DDP will start tomorrow.

Exactly what I was going to post but you beat me to it!!! Keep in mind everyone as per the info on All Ears Net, if you add the DDP to your AP room, it becomes a package with all of the same rules such as a payoff of the trip 45 days prior to arrival, 45 days prior to arrival cancellation policy etc. From what I Am gathering it is just like a regular MYW package just minus the park tickets. Once again as soon as I get the completely official information from Disney I will post it!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks, Belle.

Could you ask whether this also can be added to AP-discount rooms? Or is it just full-priced room reservations?

(My guess is that it will be just for full-price room-only reservations, and cannot be combined with any discounts, which is the policy on the publicly-available discounts)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Thanks, Belle.

Could you ask whether this also can be added to AP-discount rooms? Or is it just full-priced room reservations?

(My guess is that it will be just for full-price room-only reservations, and cannot be combined with any discounts, which is the policy on the publicly-available discounts)

-Rob

We haven't heard anything about that yet...however I am going to call tomorrow and see what information I can find. If I get any news about using the plan with discounts I will let you all know right away.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi All, I Am not in the office right now however Elizabeth is so if you need help booking this great deal give her a buzz at 1866-566-7858. The room only rates for AP holders have been released for 3/30/2008-5/21/2008. We can book any AP holder the same way we always have. In addition the new option is that we can also book the AP discounted rooms with dining without the purchase of a MYW ticket!!!! The dates for this are the same as above, however remember it is a package and as such will require payment in full 45 days prior to your arrival, and have a 45 day prior to arrival cancellation policy unlike the 5 days for a room only reservation!!! Belle

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hi All, I Am not in the office right now however Elizabeth is so if you need help booking this great deal give her a buzz at 1866-566-7858. The room only rates for AP holders have been released for 3/30/2008-5/21/2008. We can book any AP holder the same way we always have. In addition the new option is that we can also book the AP discounted rooms with dining without the purchase of a MYW ticket!!!! The dates for this are the same as above, however remember it is a package and as such will require payment in full 45 days prior to your arrival, and have a 45 day prior to arrival cancellation policy unlike the 5 days for a room only reservation!!! Belle

So the AP discounts can be combined with dining? That would be great. I had assumed that all they were doing is allowing us to go without buying an unnecessary one-day base ticket. But if the discount can be combined, that's great. I wonder if they'll do the same with Florida Resident discounts, which I don't believe can be put into a plan with dining.

Upvote 0

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
I was able today to update our reservation for seven nights starting April 26, 2008.
We saved $76.56 on our room only rate that was already a discounted AAA rate, and I was able to add the dining plan to our reservation.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

My luck was not so good. The only resort I could get for the second week of April with the AP code was CBR (pool under construction). I tried all the deluxes, only a water view at the Yacht Club was available, the only mod was CBR. There were Values available but I didn't want that option. THis was for a Sunday to Friday reservation. This code info is not even out yet on the Passholder website! So I took the CBR because it will save me $40/night at this moderate resort. It just seems like all the rooms were scooped up by the time I called at 8:00 CST. I just checked this website and got the heads-up. Is this happening because of the DDP option?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My luck was not so good. The only resort I could get for the second week of April with the AP code was CBR (pool under construction). I tried all the deluxes, only a water view at the Yacht Club was available, the only mod was CBR. There were Values available but I didn't want that option. THis was for a Sunday to Friday reservation. This code info is not even out yet on the Passholder website! So I took the CBR because it will save me $40/night at this moderate resort. It just seems like all the rooms were scooped up by the time I called at 8:00 CST. I just checked this website and got the heads-up. Is this happening because of the DDP option?
There very well might not have been any or many rooms to begin with. When a discount code comes it it is quite common that only the resorts that are under projected capacity will have rooms available for the discount. The AP DDP did not become official until today so I doubt it had much to do with room availability.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

There very well might not have been any or many rooms to begin with. When a discount code comes it it is quite common that only the resorts that are under projected capacity will have rooms available for the discount. The AP DDP did not become official until today so I doubt it had much to do with room availability.

I couldnt have said it better myself!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom