Passholder Renewal

Star Command

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone received a reminder in the mail to renew thier passes? Usually we do, but we have yet to see a renewal notice and our passes expire at the end of this month.

Thanks

MissM

Both Love and I each got one separately a few weeks back. Our AP's expire May 20th and I don't want to let them go, but I don't have the cash to renew them right now. I did, however, receive the reminder letters.
-m

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wait a minute, do you mean you can renew an expired AP? I thought in order to get a renewal rate you had to have a current AP?
Officially you can renew up to 30 days past your expiration date but I know they will stretch that 30 days. When I went to replace my oldest daughters AP she was around 90 days out and they offered me a renewal. You will want to do a little number crunching as it is often better to pay the new AP price vs the renewal price and move up your expiration date up.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Officially you can renew up to 30 days past your expiration date but I know they will stretch that 30 days. When I went to replace my oldest daughters AP she was around 90 days out and they offered me a renewal. You will want to do a little number crunching as it is often better to pay the new AP price vs the renewal price and move up your expiration date up.

Ok thanks. I didn't know that!

My AP expired September 2006 so I'm sure I don't qualify for the renewal rate now. :lol:

If I did, I was gonna get upset because I just ordered one at full price online last week.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

My AP expired September 2006 so I'm sure I don't qualify for the renewal rate now. :lol:

If I did, I was gonna get upset because I just ordered one at full price online last week.
As crazy as it sounds they probably would have renewed it but your expiration date would be September 2007 so it was much better to pay the extra $40 and get the additional 8 months +/- back.

Upvote 0

K-dub

Laura, If you hadn't been outside the 30 day renewal window, and had already paid "Full Fare" for new APs, you could have gotten reimbursed for the difference but your renewed APs would be backdated to the expiration date of the old APs.

They did this for me and DW a few weeks ago. I'd been told no AP renewal discounts were being offered anymore by a CM on the reservation line and decided to just buy new APs upon arrival @ the park.

They sold us new APs and reminded us to be sure to renew for a discount within 30 days of expiration next year. I explained that I was within my 30 day window for old APs and they researched their database and verified the information and backdated the new APs a few weeks and refunded about $100.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

PKD

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone received a reminder in the mail to renew thier passes? Usually we do, but we have yet to see a renewal notice and our passes expire at the end of this month.

Thanks

In the last 6 years, I have never rec'd a reminder letter. When I do renew however, I will get a "Thanks for spending $400 for another year of Disney Magic" .... ok so it doesn't exactly say that.. but I do get a letter once renewed.

Upvote 0

PKD

I renewed my pass the first year at like 7 months after it expired. Plus they gave me 12 months from the day I renewed and NOT based off the original pass date.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom