Passholder Lines

Kman101

They likely funnel regular guests through when the line is short and only a few AP holders are coming through.

I would think/hope so. And I'm guessing if you come with someone who isn't an AP holder it's not going to be an issue to get them through? Maybe a silly question as I likely know they'd let them through.

Luxe

I would think/hope so. And I'm guessing if you come with someone who isn't an AP holder it's not going to be an issue to get them through? Maybe a silly question as I likely know they'd let them through.
I just went through again. I was the only actual passholder, the rest were regular guests. Someone else in my party went through the normal line for comparison while unused the passholder line. I got stuck waiting there for 4 minutes while the large group of non AP holders in front of me figured out somenissue with their cards. The rest of my party got right in. Waste of time in my opinion. What's the point of having a passholder perk if anyone can use it and it's slower than the regular line?

Simba's Mom

For us smelly locals it's cold. Everyone at the office are wearing jackets. Originally being from the Northeast, this is fall weather to me ;)

I can SOOO relate to that. I live where it's now 75 and projected to reach 84 tomorrow. When we lived in New England, we'd come to WDW in November and swim while the "locals" would sit there in their heavy jackets and blue lips, looking at those crazy Northerners swimming in the cold. Now we're the ones with heavy jackets and blue lips.
I'm so excited that this is going through January, so we can experience the pass holder lines for ourselves. However, I'm skeptical of it working well. As has been mentioned, I fear there'll be too many "non-readers" making their way to the line.

disney4life2008

I can SOOO relate to that. I live where it's now 75 and projected to reach 84 tomorrow. When we lived in New England, we'd come to WDW in November and swim while the "locals" would sit there in their heavy jackets and blue lips, looking at those crazy Northerners swimming in the cold. Now we're the ones with heavy jackets and blue lips.
I'm so excited that this is going through January, so we can experience the pass holder lines for ourselves. However, I'm skeptical of it working well. As has been mentioned, I fear there'll be too many "non-readers" making their way to the line.

Lol i am from Chicago but live in Orlando. Its hilarious to me when its 60 degrees here, floridians bring out boots and winter gear lol. Even when its rarely 40 degrees here i still wear shorts with a sweater lol.

Luxe

Used this again this morning at DHS. Absolute nightmare. As I was walking up to the touch points, two huge groups ran from a longer regular line into the AP line in front of me. They couldn't figure out how to scan their cards and do the fingerprint as I stood there impatiently waiting. It was honestly incredibly frustrating that people are taking advantage of this without being a passholder. It feels like a Disney just decided to do this to say "hey look we're doing something for AP holders!". In reality they just threw up a sign on some touch points without bothering to reinforce it. I don't expect any special treatment because I am a passholder but if you're going to offer something for convenience, make it convenient. Someone will likely argue that because it's a busy time of year they aren't enforcing it when the whole point is to get AP holders into the park faster which this fails to achieve.

Sonconato

Used this again this morning at DHS. Absolute nightmare. As I was walking up to the touch points, two huge groups ran from a longer regular line into the AP line in front of me. They couldn't figure out how to scan their cards and do the fingerprint as I stood there impatiently waiting. It was honestly incredibly frustrating that people are taking advantage of this without being a passholder. It feels like a Disney just decided to do this to say "hey look we're doing something for AP holders!". In reality they just threw up a sign on some touch points without bothering to reinforce it. I don't expect any special treatment because I am a passholder but if you're going to offer something for convenience, make it convenient. Someone will likely argue that because it's a busy time of year they aren't enforcing it when the whole point is to get AP holders into the park faster which this fails to achieve.
We've totally had the same experience. AK is by far the best because they have a person up front where you enter the line asking if you're an AP holder. However, it's difficult to tell, because if you have a Magic Band, there is nothing distinguishing one from another. Once they get to the touch points, it becomes clear some (or many) are NOT.

At MK, the CMs simply don't care. The first time we used it there, we waited about 10 minutes because everybody before us was NOT a Passholder, whereas the regular lines made it through in half the time. Once we made it through, we asked one of the CMs holding the Ipads why non-Passholders were in line and they said they don't check and often suggest other guests get in line if few are there, which is what happened right before we arrived. She said it was a test and we said it was a FAIL because it's not being treated as a dedicated line. The second time we went to MK, the Passholder line was at least 20 deep, meanwhile, we chose to go through the regular line which had zero people in it. We talked to Guest Relations about this and said if you're going to do it, enforce it, otherwise, what's the point. More often than not, it has taken longer to get through the AP line.

It used to be that Disney were the Kings at corralling people through seamlessly whether it be parking, entering or getting on rides. It sure seems their abilities have more than diminished and much of it is because they don't follow through and enforce their own rules and guidelines. That goes for a LOT of things that occur in the Parks.

roj2323

Lol i am from Chicago but live in Orlando. Its hilarious to me when its 60 degrees here, floridians bring out boots and winter gear lol. Even when its rarely 40 degrees here i still wear shorts with a sweater lol.

I'm from Chicago as well and feel the same way. That said, 40 degrees in Florida feels a lot colder than 40 degrees in Chicago due to the much higher humidity so you do have to be cautious.
I've worn my jacket once this winter about 3 weeks ago when we got a cold front that moved in. It was the same weekend the rest of the country was plunged into Arctic conditions for a few days. Beyond that All the windows in my house are open and the weather is equivalent to a late May, early June Chicago weather.

Luxe

Used the Passholder lines the past three days. Once they were no shorter than regular lines. The other two days, Passholder lines were empty while regular lines were not. Small thing, but I appreciated not needing to wait.
What time of day and which park did you use them at?

tissandtully

Used the Passholder lines the past three days. Once they were no shorter than regular lines. The other two days, Passholder lines were empty while regular lines were not. Small thing, but I appreciated not needing to wait.
It'd be nice if they kept these around all year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom