Passholder Lines

21stamps

At the end of the day, this is nothing to complain about. For the first time (maybe since the old magic kingdom club), passholders are getting great deals. The discounts are amazing especially on food.
I haven't added up what my discounts saved me, but just from doing a rough estimate I would say it was probably close to $200 or more.

dreamfinder912

I used the passholder line at magic kingdom yesterday and both in front and behind me were guests with regular tickets. and as luck would have it the rather large family in front of me hadn't sorted out the tickets to see who went with which one. I don't need a special entrance, but if you're going to make one enforce it!

Luxe

I used the passholder line at magic kingdom yesterday and both in front and behind me were guests with regular tickets. and as luck would have it the rather large family in front of me hadn't sorted out the tickets to see who went with which one. I don't need a special entrance, but if you're going to make one enforce it!
Same happened to me yet again today at the Kingdom. Asked the manager CM why it wasn't being enforced and she answered with exactly what I expected. She said that when there's less/no people in the passholder like they funnel regular guests there. She also said that because it's a busy time they are trying to get all guests through as fast as possible. She could have just said, "because we don't actually care about our passholders" instead.

ToTBellHop

Same happened to me yet again today at the Kingdom. Asked the manager CM why it wasn't being enforced and she answered with exactly what I expected. She said that when there's less/no people in the passholder like they funnel regular guests there. She also said that because it's a busy time they are trying to get all guests through as fast as possible. She could have just said, "because we don't actually care about our passholders" instead.
Honestly, then start at just one entry point and enforce that. Add another when lines are long. Surely they can always have ONE for APs.

Like a grocery store.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What time of day and which park did you use them at?
Used it the past four days. Dec 24, MK, 6pm, seemed like it probably saved me a minute or two; Dec 25, DHS, noon, no help; Dec 26, MK, 11:30, saved a minute or two; Dec 27, Epcot, 11:30 am, saved about 4 minutes -- long lines at regular entry, but none at Passholder. At Epcot, enforcement of the Passholder line was evident and I saw people turned away. The other three days, I did not see enforcement beyond the signs, but also didn't see any non Passholders use the line or attempt to.

Last edited:

Luxe

Used it the past four days. Dec 24, MK, 6pm, seemed like it probably saved me a minute or two; Dec 25, DHS, noon, no help; Dec 26, MK, 11:30, saved a minute or two; Dec 27, Epcot, 11:30 am, saved about 4 minutes -- long lines at regular entry, but none at Passholder.
Thanks for the follow up. I think the main thing we can gather from these experiences is that it's hit or miss. Not enough commitment to the idea in my opinion.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Thanks for the follow up. I think the main thing we can gather from these experiences is that it's hit or miss. Not enough commitment to the idea in my opinion.
For me, it worked. The only time the regular lines were long, there was enforcement making sure non passholders didn't cheat.

Luxe

Just another quick update. Went to AK around noon and they were enforcing the passholder only entrance. Touch point was empty and we essentially walked right in. AK seems to be the only park consistently enforcing this and it's working great in that park.

Kman101

Just another quick update. Went to AK around noon and they were enforcing the passholder only entrance. Touch point was empty and we essentially walked right in. AK seems to be the only park consistently enforcing this and it's working great in that park.

Nice to hear. Once again makes me love AK just a little bit more than the rest :) lol

parkhopper1213

It is being reported that starting 12/21 each park will have entrance lines just for annual passholders.
The Annual Passholder entrances were a good idea, except they were always at the opposite side of where we came in. In some cases it wasn't worth the walk over to that spot. Now give us first dibs on the buses and we are talking about a great perk!

Simba's Mom

Another reason why AK is my favorite park.

NearTheEars

Of course, but the point is that it's not effective if it's not enforced.

No denying that for sure. I thought if that line alone and not the regular touch points was backed up, it was full of APs following the sign assuming that was there only option.

disney4life2008

The Annual Passholder entrances were a good idea, except they were always at the opposite side of where we came in. In some cases it wasn't worth the walk over to that spot. Now give us first dibs on the buses and we are talking about a great perk!

I arrived at epcot around 4pm Sunday. It was crowded at the entrance. I excitedly looked for the passholder line and it was all the way at the opposite end and empty. I choose to go through the regular line.

MrPromey

True but the display signs above each entrance look like they could be rotated. In less peak times, I would probably expect all available entrances would still be used.

Agreed. I just meant for a place that is rolling out unthemed golf course food carts for general guests and arranging premium bus options by routing premium paying guests to the unthemed back side of parks to load busses, this seems surprising that they'd make something that actually looks this well put together unless they were planning in it being used a lot more.

I've seen the sandwich board sings for various things plenty of times in the front of the parks so I know they aren't against it. I just meant it looks too nice to me to be something that would only be in use for a month or two and then never again. :)

Kman101

Tried this today at AK. They enforce it but it varies. I saw no one in line but after I came back from guest services I saw a very small line and while they ask to see the card I know the groups in front of me were not passholders and they were having a difficult time. Both lanes that were open. But they only have two tapstiles for both lines when they should be using all four on each side.

mhead

Tried this today at AK. They enforce it but it varies. I saw no one in line but after I came back from guest services I saw a very small line and while they ask to see the card I know the groups in front of me were not passholders and they were having a difficult time. Both lanes that were open. But they only have two tapstiles for both lines when they should be using all four on each side.
So they ask for the card? What about those that don't have a current card - since they no longer send those?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom