Passholder discounts Summer 2017

deeevo

I booked a week at Poly the end of July with the Summer promo but if I can't snag the AP discount I will move resorts. As much as I love Poly I am not paying the $409 a night. Guess I will still check it every morning... lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Not Christmas crazy but it'll be very busy. Not as bad as if the 4th were Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.
I'm going to check TP. Brb. The problem is the projections seem to change much closer to the dates. Last year our predictions were level 3.. then 2 months prior they switched to 8s and 9s.lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm going to check TP. Brb. The problem is the projections seem to change much closer to the dates. Last year our predictions were level 3.. then 2 months prior they switched to 8s and 9s.lol
Even TP admits that their scale is imperfect once you get up to the high numbers. A Christmas 10 is not the same as a summer 10.

A jump from 3 to 8 is probably due to Disney changing their published information, specifically park hour and nighttime shows.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I was there last year during that week but we didn't arrive until the 6th. There were no crowds. Maybe everyone left on the 5th but my experience was definitely not the madhouse I was warned about.
Last year the 4th was a Monday, so it was a long weekend crowd pattern. On a Tuesday this year, it's more likely to be a "very busy week" than "insanely busy weekend."

21stamps

Original Poster
This looks good.. but I don't even know what it means.lol. They changed their number meanings this year.

IMG_2502.PNG
Even TP admits that their scale is imperfect once you get up to the high numbers. A Christmas 10 is not the same as a summer 10.

A jump from 3 to 8 is probably due to Disney changing their published information, specifically park hour and nighttime shows.

21stamps

Original Poster
They have a page explaining in detail, basically
"define a 'crowd' as the average posted wait time for the key attractions between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm"
But I think an 8 last year is comparative to a6 this year. I read a little about it a month or so ago.. I'm just trying to compare the new numbers to the ones from the past 2 years.

Courtney6682

Island time ;)

It's a 5 night minimum "holiday rate" which is total bs for summer.. but a cottage and our own sailboat could be nice. DEPENDING on the Sailing lesson fees. What if I fail? Then I won't get a sailboat anyway :( lol

Yikes! I'm sure you'd pass, you're no dummy

Island time seems kind of like bankers hours lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Yikes! I'm sure you'd pass, you're no dummy

Island time seems kind of like bankers hours lol
Knowing my luck I will be in the middle of summer storms again. Why the heck am I going to Florida in the summer.

I swear to god my stress and drama is 99.9% self inflicted.

Oh, and btw-I hate people who are on island time and bankers hours. ;)
More like I'm jealous.. but severe dislike works too ;) jk

Courtney6682

Knowing my luck I will be in the middle of summer storms again. Why the heck am I going to Florida in the summer.

I swear to god my stress and drama is 99.9% self inflicted.

Oh, and btw-I hate people who are on island time and bankers hours. ;)
More like I'm jealous.. but severe dislike works too ;) jk

Why do any of us?? It's 100 degrees up here all summer...LOL

You just over-think too much...

I don't really have a problem with either ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom