Passholder discounts Summer 2017

p.a.m.

I was a little disappointed because I really wanted Poly, but the only thing available with a discount for my dates was Theme Park view or Club Level which is pricier than standard without a discount....I was able to get a good deal at the Boardwalk, but I will keep checking to see if the Poly opens up and when the APs come out . . .I am thinking probably not since there was not availability at the start :( Oh well, I am excited to be walking distance from World Showcase if I can't have a pina colada with my toes in the sand for the MK Fireworks :)
Like others said, keep checking. Hopefully you get what you want but a stay at Boardwalk is always a good compromise, IMO.

p.a.m.

I will say that because he is young he may get more out of a Disney trip that is similar to your last and not first trip. ;) We took our kids to the Keys when the oldest was 7. There really was not that much to do for them. The trip was really for us adults who really just wanted to do the drive down there and see Key West. The water was actually boiling hot so we could not enjoy the beach where we stayed. But that is just us. We don't snorkel like you do. I have a fear of swimming with fish. Silly, I know. :D
@21stamps, I agree with what @MySmallWorldof4 is saying here. Disney makes vacations with little ones just so easy. Everything is in one place. So many experiences are included. There are plenty of upcharge things if you want them too but they're on property and there's a peace of mind factor built in. I feel like when I try to take my little guy places by myself where I have to put together an a la carte vacation, it's so stressful and I really feel like I'm at the mercy of strangers- away from home alone with a 5 year old trying to make sure he has fun and that everything is safe and clean. At Disney I'm never at a loss for where to eat or where to kill time if the weather turns bad. Plus if I need a few minutes to myself I know that the supervised activities are a safe option. I grew up on beach vacations so I've definitely tried that with my son but I find that it just never works out as planned when I try to do it with just the two of us. There are too many elements I can't control. Obviously I don't know your situation but for me personally as a mom doing it alone Disney is a great resource.

21stamps

Original Poster
@21stamps, I agree with what @MySmallWorldof4 is saying here. Disney makes vacations with little ones just so easy. Everything is in one place. So many experiences are included. There are plenty of upcharge things if you want them too but they're on property and there's a peace of mind factor built in. I feel like when I try to take my little guy places by myself where I have to put together an a la carte vacation, it's so stressful and I really feel like I'm at the mercy of strangers- away from home alone with a 5 year old trying to make sure he has fun and that everything is safe and clean. At Disney I'm never at a loss for where to eat or where to kill time if the weather turns bad. Plus if I need a few minutes to myself I know that the supervised activities are a safe option. I grew up on beach vacations so I've definitely tried that with my son but I find that it just never works out as planned when I try to do it with just the two of us. There are too many elements I can't control. Obviously I don't know your situation but for me personally as a mom doing it alone Disney is a great resource.

Thanks.. I agree with a lot of that. We've been doing beach vacations since he was a baby, so I'm comfortable with it.. but Disney is nice that everything is right there, you are correct about that. This is tuff bc bad weather could destroy a boating/snorkeling week, but it wouldn't destroy a Disney stay. I'm not paying the price of GF or Poly Theme Park view rooms for those 4 nights, not when I'm just throwing this onto an already planned trip..and especially not for WDW in July. So I need to decide if I would want to move outside of the MK area..or do a standard room at GF. The only thing available at Poly is CL TPV.

Does anyone think it's a possibility that a passholder 35% may come out? Lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Why???????

Why wouldn't they offer it on a busy week?!
I don't understand.
IMG_2668.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

AP for the summer is out! Most nights June 11 through August 31, 2017. Of course no Standard Poly minutes after it is released.
Guess I know what game I will be playing over the next 3 months.
Just saw your post. Here I thought I was the one breaking the good news!;) By the way, I saw Poly rooms available for mid July. Of course I don't know when you are going.

21stamps

Original Poster
July 30th thru August 4th. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until they release the AP for the STD room. I know there were still
STD rooms available for the STD rate.

For my dates it's TPV and CL only at Poly and GF. Which isn't a huge deal, if we go- I want TPV at Poly, but if I do GF then I would have been ok with a Lagoon view.

deeevo

For my dates it's TPV and CL only at Poly and GF. Which isn't a huge deal, if we go- I want TPV at Poly, but if I do GF then I would have been ok with a Lagoon view.
GV is available at GF with my dates for $386. Cheaper than my booked rate now at Poly. That's kind of tempting but my wife would kill me. Thing is I really want to stay at Poly but I like staying places I have not yet and we have yet to do GF and CR.

MySmallWorldof4

GV is available at GF with my dates for $386. Cheaper than my booked rate now at Poly. That's kind of tempting but my wife would kill me. Thing is I really want to stay at Poly but I like staying places I have not yet and we have yet to do GF and CR.
I would do the GF for the price. It is nice to try a different resort.

21stamps

Original Poster

Every time I have been, GF is always less than Poly. I don't know why it has a reputation of being the most expensive. IMO that only applies to RPC.

I must go at the wrong time of the year.. but even in September with 30% I was well over $500 per night at Poly. The cheapest room for July 1-5 is at GF, for $501. Which is a fair amount less than what I paid for Poly in September '15.
How do you people find these prices in the $300s???

MySmallWorldof4

Every time I have been, GF is always less than Poly. I don't know why it has a reputation of being the most expensive. IMO that only applies to RPC.

I must go at the wrong time of the year.. but even in September with 30% I was well over $500 per night at Poly. The cheapest room for July 1-5 is at GF, for $501. Which is a fair amount less than what I paid for Poly in September '15.
How do you people find these prices in the $300s???
I know you don't want CR but here is the price.
crprice.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom