Part of Sid Cahuenga's at Disney's Hollywood Studios to become a MyMagic+ service center

TP2000

You know, this is like living in some weird alternate reality. I can't quite figure out if the person in charge of "marketing" a tech upgrade is so hopelessly out of touch with the customers that they think the concept of tourists buying MagicBand t-shirts might actually work, or maybe that person is actually very funny and cool and knows this is a complete farce and did the t-shirts as an elaborate inside joke to make fun of TDO.

But I think it might actually be the former, rather than the latter. And that's the part where I get really scared for the next 18 months.

Nubs70

You know, this is like living in some weird alternate reality. I can't quite figure out if the person in charge of "marketing" a tech upgrade is so hopelessly out of touch with the customers that they think the concept of tourists buying MagicBand t-shirts might actually work, or maybe that person is actually very funny and cool and knows this is a complete farce and did the t-shirts as an elaborate inside joke to make fun of TDO.

But I think it might actually be the former, rather than the latter. And that's the part where I get really scared for the next 18 months.
I give you a third option. It involves Brawndo.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I give you a third option. It involves Brawndo.
Now that's a shirt that I would buy:

idiocracy_shirt.jpg

matt9112

A whole lot of negativity for something most have not even used....especially when the end product is not even complete...this or that could still change...and although we could argue the cornyness of some merch if people would pay for T-shirts of my foot I would sell them..nuff said. However on the magic plus system...everything I have been able to use so far..as in the new website features and such has been great....VERY BUGGY but that is expected. The new maps for example....rock....they no longer look like 90s hand drawn garbage....the fact that I can make reservations online without having to talk to a person? Again pritty cool and fits with the new generation. And setting up all my FP in advance? I can see capacity issues but idea wise..great less walking to each machine for me. And all I have to do is wear a wristband....that most early reviews call comfortable and you don't even notice it? A lot of these changes are results of the world changing.....when you go to red robin and they check you in with an iPad and you get a text do you rage out and tackle that employee? Big change is hard....bigger change is even harder...and even if you do rage out its irrelevant in the grand scheme the show must go on. Just hope for the best and wish them luck with implementation.

matt9112

Oh. You're one of them.

<shifty eyes>

Lol no I enjoy all theme parks and or attractions...but to say uni is....like doing some mind blowing stuff.....granted they have reached a new level and I know in the near future they will likely reach another with all that new land.

But I do like those shirts.

awilliams4

Finally a place to buy my "I'm with the band" T-shirt.

In case anyone from Disney actually reads this comment, this is sarcasm. The band-related merch is uber lame. Stupid even. Anyone associated with its creation should be sacked. And the people who hired those people should also be sacked. Oh, just sack everyone with decision-making authority in Orlando why doncha.

My family is very much looking forward to getting and decorating our bands. In this case, Disney is smart and myself my wife and my children are very stupid. Wonderful outlook and opinion to have. I have a feeling you don't enjoy your visits to WDW as much as others do.

lebeau

Lol no I enjoy all theme parks and or attractions...but to say uni is....like doing some mind blowing stuff.....granted they have reached a new level and I know in the near future they will likely reach another with all that new land.

But I do like those shirts.

And my wife likes the Real Housewives TV shows. There's no accounting for taste.

My family is very much looking forward to getting and decorating our bands. In this case, Disney is smart and myself my wife and my children are very stupid. Wonderful outlook and opinion to have. I have a feeling you don't enjoy your visits to WDW as much as others do.

Those who have been to WDW with me would say otherwise.

If I didn't love WDW, I wouldn't waste the time being critical of it. The most vocal critics around here probably love Disney World a lot more than those blindly defending every decision Disney makes.

But I'm glad you're looking forward to the bands. Enjoy.

matt9112

Blindly defending I do not.....excited about change I am.....
To say just because your critical makes you some higher holy Disney lover? Really?
I am critical when needed.....at this point they should bulldoze NFL and destroy all magic plus so I can watch your camp be critical of that....

Edit: my sig I believe fits you.

YankeeMouse

Sid's has gone way downhill. Not much worth buying there. In the old days, I bought a pair of Mel Gibson's sandals from his Forever Young movie. That was before he went off the rails, they are no longer on the wall, up in the attic. Anyone else get anything there that they thought were worth something, turns out they weren't?

WV_Jayola

I swear I almost want to buy one of these shirts just to offset the amount of belly aching they are inspiring. I'm with the band, baby....

dinodak

Sid's has gone way downhill. Not much worth buying there. In the old days, I bought a pair of Mel Gibson's sandals from his Forever Young movie. That was before he went off the rails, they are no longer on the wall, up in the attic. Anyone else get anything there that they thought were worth something, turns out they weren't?

I haven't been there In years but Sid's used to sell some very questionable autographs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom