Part of Sid Cahuenga's at Disney's Hollywood Studios to become a MyMagic+ service center

Sassagoula-Rvr

I suspect more likely the 'merchandise' will all be MM+ related.... special bands.... 'Magic Band' t-shirts.... 'Magic Band' mugs..... 'Magic Band' vinylmation.... 'Magic Band' Duffy...

Magic bands for Duffy, Magic-Band plates, magic band pins, magic band...etc. It's almost nauseating.

I'm an IT guy, so the whole program is pretty interesting to me...and I'm withholding judgement...BUT the way Disney is trying to market an infrastructure upgrade is kind of cheesy...Ideally the guest wouldn't really notice it that much, except for the benefits it provides them. I guess when you spend 2 Bil...you have to get some marketing out of it.

lebeau

Finally a place to buy my "I'm with the band" T-shirt.

In case anyone from Disney actually reads this comment, this is sarcasm. The band-related merch is uber lame. Stupid even. Anyone associated with its creation should be sacked. And the people who hired those people should also be sacked. Oh, just sack everyone with decision-making authority in Orlando why doncha.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

In case anyone from Disney actually reads this comment, this is sarcasm. The band-related merch is uber lame. Stupid even. Anyone associated with its creation should be sacked. And the people who hired those people should also be sacked. Oh, just sack everyone with decision-making authority in Orlando why doncha.
Here is the full collection for you
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/gallery/12jul2013-magicband-tshirts.htm

Sue_Vongello

I think the Magic Bands and the subsequent merch is so terrible that we should go jump in a time machine and go back and kill the man who invented the word "magic" and then jump forward to find the first wrist band and kill that guy too ... perhaps that's too murderous ... ok let's just go back in time and find little Bobby Iger and suggest he never invest money in data mining ..

Wait we have a time machine!!! ... nevermind ... let's just go back to Disney World in it's golden age.

DougK

I think the Magic Bands and the subsequent merch is so terrible that we should go jump in a time machine and go back and kill the man who invented the word "magic" and then jump forward to find the first wrist band and kill that guy too ... perhaps that's too murderous ... ok let's just go back in time and find little Bobby Iger and suggest he never invest money in data mining ..

Wait we have a time machine!!! ... nevermind ... let's just go back to Disney World in it's golden age.

I need a double-like button.

lebeau

I'm not sure if I should thank you or not. I'll err on the side of being overly polite. Thanks. ;)

If we have a time machine, we need to bring Walt into the present and watch what happens. Then maybe try to get him to quit smoking before we take him back.

ToTBellHop

Hurrah! I for one have always argued the movie park needs less one-of-a-kind merchandise, and more datamining Disney Magic.

Move over Universal 'new E-ticket every week' Studios!
I've long said the studios needs less of everything. Rip out the shows, each unique sit down, a ride or two, shops. Replace them with like 1 ride. There is just too much to do there. Give underperforming parks like MK a chance to compete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom