Park opening ceremonies?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Im starting to make my itinerary for my next Disney vacation and I'm trying to decide if it is worth it for me to make sure that we get to atleast one rope drop for each park. I know MK does a great opening show, but what about the other parks? We have early reservations at Tusker house for breakfast one morning, and I am trying to decide if I should also plan on another morning to be there to see the rope drop. Same thing with Epcot and DHS. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Id also love to hear about what they do at the opening ceremonies at the other parks! TIA!!

krankenstein

EPCOT and DHS does have shows.

DHS uses the streetmoshpere/citizens of Hollywood actors. EPCOT uses a real Test Track car.

I say catch them all. :wave:

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I've seen it numerous times and as recently as 2 weeks ago. It's a cute show where the director instructs the actors (the crowd, including you) in filming a scene for his latest movie. :wave:

"Lights, Camera, Action! Hollywood, here we come!"

"I am the great director, Alberto Dante. Often imitated, never nominated."

:lookaroun

I've seen the Studios opening show probably at least a dozen times. :lol: Most recently probably the same day you did.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

"Lights, Camera, Action! Hollywood, here we come!"

"I am the great director, Alberto Dante. Often imitated, never nominated."

:lookaroun

I've seen the Studios opening show probably at least a dozen times. :lol: Most recently probably the same day you did.

Was it the Sunday of your last trip? :lookaroun

It was FREEZING that day. :lol:

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like Im gonna have to be real tricky with my planning! It is now my mission to make it to all of the rope drops!!! What exactly do they do for Epcot show?

Upvote 0

mwbrown

I was at the rope drop in front of the Future World Fountain and it was a big character meet and greet kind of thing, followed by a small ceremony, and then a mad rush for Soarin' and/or Test Track.

It was neat, but nothing special compared to the MK one...

Upvote 0

jaime_1234

I was at the rope drop in front of the Future World Fountain and it was a big character meet and greet kind of thing, followed by a small ceremony, and then a mad rush for Soarin' and/or Test Track.

It was neat, but nothing special compared to the MK one...

I saw the same thing when I was there in October. I was pretty far back, so I didn't even get a good view of the characters. They had a pre-recorded announcement on the loud speakers that had everyone count down from 10 before the rope drop, then we joined the wave of people headed toward Soarin'. Amazingly, the wait was still only about 5-10 minutes even with all those people in front of us though.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Original Poster
If there are morning EMH at say, MK, do they still perform the opening ceremony? If they do, do they do it at 8 when it opens for EMH or do they do it at 9 when the park opens to everyone?

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
If there are morning EMH at say, MK, do they still perform the opening ceremony? If they do, do they do it at 8 when it opens for EMH or do they do it at 9 when the park opens to everyone?

On EMH mornings at MK they do an abreviated show at around 7:48. On non EMH mornings it is performed at 8:48.

I would rank the rope drop ceremonies as follows:

MK Welcome show
AK, The Adventure Begins- a very close second for me
Epcot- they don't use the test track car everyday- its highly dependant on weather.
Studios

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I love the Animal Kingdom rope drop. It was cute. I've seen the skit at DHS twice and Magic Kingdom's once. I've not seen Epcot's. Maybe that'll be a goal for the next trip....that starts this Friday!!!! WooHOOOOO!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

Hmmm I've only seen Epcot and DHS opening ceremonies cause I go to breakfast at MK before it officially opens. I never considered the fact that I was missing something. What does MK do for their opening?

Upvote 0

crlachepinochet

DHS

100_6494.jpg

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

The MK opening is great. It can get you pumped if you are into it. Also, visibility is great for all, audio is ample.

AK opening is also very good. It has some story to it. Because the crowd is on a downhill slope, and the characters are up on a vehicle, you can see it well, unless you are short, like a child. SO you will often see them lifted up. Audio is good enough.

The DHS opening is good. There are some jokes. Some of it seems off the cuff. It is a good tone setter. I have always been near the front, so I can't comment on visibilty/audio from the back, but most of the show is from atop of a vehicle anyway.

I have been to rope drop at Epcot a few times, but never been at the front, always off to the sides near Innoventions. There is no elevation in the show, so I haven't been able to see a thing. With no visual, I can't make any sense of what I am able to make out of the audio. I feel Epcot has the worst execution; therefore, it has had the least impact for me. I suppose this would be different if you were front and center.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

The only park opening ceremony I've ever seen was the one at DHS for the 20th anniversary in May. I've been there for several other openings at DHS & there was nothing aside from the CMs reminding everyone that there's no running to get to Toy Story.

I've never actually seen the opening ceremony at MK, but I listened to it & saw all the characters after it was over. We were doing Keys to the Kingdom at 9am, so we were city by City Hall during the ceremony.

Hopefully, I'll get to see a few of them this next week when I'm there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom