Park allotment

kybred72

Original Poster
How many days do you allot for each park?

For me, Magic Kingdom is easily a 2 day park
Epcot - 1 1/2 days
MGM - 1/2 day. at best
Animal Kingdom - 1 day

ggauthier82

To me, DHS is much more than a 1/2 day park! We will be there for 11 days in August, and I'm pretty sure we will spend at least 2 days there. Epcot would be 1 or 2 days at most, although we will be dining there most of the time. But thanks to Park Hopper, we won't have to spend full days there. Animal Kingdom will be 1 or 2 days and Magic Kingdom 2 or 3 days. We will park hop a lot so it's hard to say precisely! :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its all down to "how long since your last visit" and, "what's new since your last visit"

There's always a minimum of a couple of years between our WDW visits so we tend to do the parks to the point of overkill (well almost). On a typical 14 day WDW trip we tend to visit -

MK = 3 days
EPCOT = 3 days
DHS = 2 days
AK = 2 days
2 x waterpark half days
A DTD day (plus a couple of evenings)
Plus a couple of rest days

Jakester

Being a Local to WDW, I vist alot but here is my view

Magic Kingdom = 2days to see everything (Including The Island in Frontierland)
Epcot = 1Day (from open to close to experience future world full and all of world showcase)
Hollywood Studios = Nearly Full Day (Doesnt take long to see everything)
Animal Kingdom = Fullday (To Admire the landscaping/animals)

K&KMom

5 day plan

Last time we went (kids 6 & 8 at the time), we did NOT enjoy DHS - spent 1/2 a day and won't bother going back.

Next trip plan is:

MK - 2 days
Epcot - 2 days
AK - 1 day

kybred72

Original Poster
Last time we went (kids 6 & 8 at the time), we did NOT enjoy DHS - spent 1/2 a day and won't bother going back.

Next trip plan is:

MK - 2 days
Epcot - 2 days
AK - 1 day

Last time we visited the Parks (2008), my hubby didn't enjoy HS/MGM at all. It's for sure the least of my favorite parks but for me, there are several must do's so I've included a day's visit in our itinerary. Especially because we've yet to experience the Toy Story Mania ride! :sohappy:

draybook

This trip will be:

MK - 3 days
Epcot- 1 day
DHS- 1 day
AK-1 day

We always do MK for half of the trip, then split the rest up, with 1 day at the others. If we have extra days to split then we usually use it/them at DHS or Epcot.

Lucky

We get park hoppers and rarely stay a full day in a park.

But adding up the half days it's something like this:

MK 3
Ep 1.5
AK 1.5
DHS 1
BB 0.5
TL 0.5

Mukta

I have no children, so my interests are different

MK - 2 days
Epcot - 2-1/2 days (I like spending time talking with CMs in the World Showcase, shopping in all of their stores and wine flights)
DHS - 1 day
AK - 2 days (I like spending time at Conservation Station learning about their efforts around the world and talking to CMs about their work there).
Universal/IOA - 1 day

ArtieJim

The only thing we really plan when it comes to park allotment is that AK gets one day. I understand people love it, but we don't need more than one day to see everything we want to see there.

Epcot gets the most time, but along with MK we also like to just come and go at those parks once we've given them each a full two days.

DHS is usually about 1 1/2 days. We haven't been there since Star Tours was revamped, so I can't say for sure if it will be that amount of time again (since I'm a Star Wars nerd), but we can only ride ToT and RnRC so many times before we get tired of them.

Dads 2 Boys

I think it also depends on the group you're with. Obviously little kids aren't going to care too much about the details of World Showcase. My kids are 13 & 10 so WS will appeal to them more when we go in October then in '07 so we will spend more time there.

MK - 2 days (one full and 2 other 1/2 day visits)
EPCOT - 1.5 days (one full and the half if we need it)
AK - 1 day
DHS - 1 day (and a Sun night Fantasmic visit)

mbisenius

MK - 2
Epcot - 2
HS - 2
AK - 1/2
Any other days we have, we usually park hop to favorite rides or spend another full day at either MK or Epcot.

R W B

On my trip last month we were there for 7 1/2 days and we only did 2 full days in the same park, MK and AK. Every other day we did 1/2 days, I know one day we even did 3 parks in one day because the second park we went to closed at like 10-11pm and MK stayed open until 1-2am. I know my G/F likes MK so that park gets most of our time but its hard to say about the other 3.

Kristamouse

Mom to 4 kids under 6 so we do 3 days at MK and 1 at the other parks. Never been to a water park, hope to when they can all swim:)
Still have not done HoP or TS in MK...
Our AK and DHS days we don't take mid day breaks since we are usually home early.
We (Dh and I)would spend more time in EPCOT but the kids aren't really into WS:shrug:This trip we are going to focus on Future World and just do Mexico and Norway for the rides. I am thinking they will all have fun in Innovations.

JIMINYCR

Two week trip
MK 3 days
EPCOT 3 days
DHS 3 days
AK 2 days
Off site trips 2 days
Utilizing Park Hopper passes throughout the trip

Susan Savia

Our last trip in January was 10 days. We do a lot of hopping, but spend very full days in Epcot (6), MK (2), half day at DTD, AK maybe 3 or 4 hours, just to rido Dinosaur and Safari, HS two half days. We do not break any during our trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom