We are usually there for 8 days...we do,,,
MGM 1-2 full days and park hop also
Magic Kingdom 5-6 usually 2-3 whole days and park hop
EPCOT 5-6 but usually 3 whole days and park hop
Animal Kingdom-0 not a fan!..:D

DABIGCHEEZ

MK - 2 days
AK 1-2 days
MGM (Yes I call it that) - 1/2 - 1 day. The only park we leave and return to at night.
Epcot - 1 day

Alison1975

Our 10 day trip has

4 MK days
2 Epcot Days
2 HS days
1-2 AK days ( It's tough to be a bug will be closed so it may change to just 1 or 1.5 days)

We don't have park hoppers so we are in whichever park for the full day!

forevermickey

Well it depends on the amount of days we in WDW. Normally it would be:

MK= 1 1/2 days + random stop in's
Epcot 1 day + random stops
HS= maybe 1/2 day
AK= 1 day
Downtown Disney = random stops
lots of hotel hoping

This year we are there longer than we have ever been so I am sure the above configuration will change.... Magic Kingdom and Epcot get the bulk of our time:)

Ransom

MK - two full days, one late night (after dinner until closing -- normally midnight or 1 AM when we go), two quarter days (arrival and departure days).
Epcot - two to four full days, depending on if it's warm enough to spend one or two days at the water parks.
AK - two full days
DHS - two full days

kybred72

Original Poster
MK - two full days, one late night (after dinner until closing -- normally midnight or 1 AM when we go), two quarter days (arrival and departure days).
Epcot - two to four full days, depending on if it's warm enough to spend one or two days at the water parks.
AK - two full days
DHS - two full days

wow, I'm really impressed that you spend two full days at DHS. Just not enough there, for me personally, to even fill up one full day.

worldfanatic

Epcot 2 days (our favorite park, pretty much always our first and last visit)
Animal Kingdom 1-2 days (depends on the length of our stay)
Magic Kingdom 1 day (living so close to Disneyland takes some luster off the MK)
Hollywood Studios 1/2-1 day (they really need to keep adding at this park)
Blizzard Beach 1 day (not this year though, visiting in december)
Typhoon Lagoon 1 day (ditto)
Downtown Disney 1 daytime visit (for eating and shopping), and 1 nightime visit (for eating and drinking)

We also always try to spend at least 1 day at our Disney resort enjoying the pools, lounging around, drinking and eating. (Often our favorite day)

Ransom

wow, I'm really impressed that you spend two full days at DHS. Just not enough there, for me personally, to even fill up one full day.

I can see how that would be easily be the case, especially when considering the frequency and timing of visits.

For us, since we're only at WDW once a year (so, two visits to DHS per year) and we go in the fall when park hours are shorter, it's easy to fill up two days at any of the parks.

EvilQueen-T

for me it depends on what type of group i go with ie with little kids or an all adult or mix teens/adults trip. for an average trip for us ak is 1/2 day, dhs 1/2-1 day, epcot 1 day, mk all the rest.

acishere

Magic Kingdom: 1.5 to 2 depending on how long the stay is
Epcot: 2 days, one for rides and one for World Showcase
Hollywood Studios: 1 day
Animal Kingdom: 3/4 to 1 day

David S.

It basically depends on how long I'm in town. When I am in Florida seasonally for a few months in the winter/early spring, I lose track of how many days I visit each park, other than the fact that I like to do a full day at the MK at LEAST once a week as it's my favorite, and I visit MK roughly twice as often as the others. Also, the MK gets most of my late-night park hops after the park I spent the day at closes, since MK is my fave and they stay open later. Also, on days where I don't do a full day at any park, but spend a few hours at one at night, I'm most likely to pick MK, unless something special is going on at one of the others.

Also, I enjoy Epcot more when I treat it like a two-day park, focusing more on Future World on some days and World Showcase on others. This allows for a more thorough exploration of each section without rushing through the self-guided exhibits and, in the case of WS, art galleries and live entertainment.

So, if I was in town for 24 days worth of full-day park going (meaning I was in town for longer than 24 days, because I wouldn't do 24 full days in a row! :), and I actually pre-planned my park ratio, it would look something like this:

MK - 6 Days
Epcot (Future World in it's entirety, with some WS) - 3 days
Epcot (World Showcase in its entirety, with some FW) - 3 days
Animal Kingdom - 3 days
Disney's Hollywood Studios - 3 days
Busch Gardens - 3 days
Sea World - 3 days

This ratio is NOT an exact science written in stone, but it seems to basically be my pattern, as I try to visit all the parks that I have Annual Passes to equally, while giving MK and Epcot double emphasis over the others.

I find that optimally, having at least a 3 day format per park seems perfect for me, as I can go at a very relaxing pace and not feel the need to cram everything into each day. So, on my second day at each park, I make sure to do everything at that park that I missed on the first day, while still having time to repeat faves from the first day. Then, on the third day, if it's the "goodbye" day for that park for that winter/spring, I focus on my favorites and if something/s needs to be cut due to time restrictions, anything that is my least favorite attraction/s at that park is what gets cut.

With 3 days per park, I'd get to visit EVERY attraction in each park at least once, most at least twice, and my absolute favorites on all three days (some more than once per day).

Likewise, if I had 16 total park days, this would approximately translate to a solid 2 days per park (with Epcot counted as two parks) with 4 at MK.

And 8 park days would mean 2 at MK, just 1 day at each other park, with 1 day each for the 2 halves of Epcot.

That's about as short as I would want to go for an out-of-season trip, unless there was something REALLY SPECIAL going on at one of the parks that would prompt me to drive to Florida for a short weekend trip (such as a beloved attraction closure, or Summer Nightastic/Star Wars weekends, which I did last summer for 3 days just in case the MSEP didn't last through the following winter). In those cases I don't worry about having enough days to visit each park once, because such a trip would be an "extra" trip motivated solely by a special reason. So I'd just focus primarily on whatever park/s had the special events going on that prompted the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom