News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

Well at least DLR didn't get this.

HollywoodToyHotel2.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/tower-of-terror-holiday/

mickEblu

With no announcement as part of Pixar Fest details I have feeling it may not happen or may be delayed. They may be second guessing themselves as it didn't go over well at D23. It kind of felt rushed at D23 like it was a last minute add-on since there was very little for DLR during D23. I actually would like this to happen because I think that corner needs life breathed into it. But I just know if it'll happen in the timeline that was announced at D23.

@GiveMeTheMusic said it was still in the works. I agree with your logic though. Or it could be possible they re not 100% sure on all the offerings. Like maybe they don't know if they want to build the new spinner or something.

Travel Junkie

They can't proceed with Pixar Pier until John Lasseter sobers up from the D23 expo presentation. Could be a while.

In all seriousness though Disney is notorious for sending information out in piecemeal. They may want more details about Pixar Pier be a separate announcement instead of cramming it in with all the other stuff.

GiveMeTheMusic

They can't proceed with Pixar Pier until John Lasseter sobers up from the D23 expo presentation. Could be a while.

In all seriousness though Disney is notorious for sending information out in piecemeal. They may want more details about Pixar Pier be a separate announcement instead of cramming it in with all the other stuff.

It will be a separate announcement, as it won't be ready for the 4/23 Pixar Fest kickoff date.

britain

It will be a separate announcement, as it won't be ready for the 4/23 Pixar Fest kickoff date.

But wasn't Pixar Pier going to open Summer '18? They might not announce anything, but they'll have to start working right when holiday decorations start coming down in January to meet that goal.

No Name

I wonder if this is an indication of the TZ theme being on its last days at all Disney parks...

I don't think that's the case.

By all Disney Parks, you only mean DHS and WDSP. And yes, Paris's is probably becoming Mission Breakout, but I don't think Florida's is changing to anything else anytime soon. Bob Chapek announced that the ride would not be rethemed to GotG, followed by a big applause, so he'd really be vying for a reputation as a total jerk if he takes the fine print route there. And how could you not trust this guy...
IMG_1585.JPG

My point is, I don't think the projection show indicates anything, I think they simply see the Tower as a conviently-large backdrop.

For now this travesty is happening nightly in Paris...

20170113_galacticcelebration_04.jpg

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

By all Disney Parks, you only mean DHS and WDSP. And yes, Paris's is probably becoming Mission Breakout, but I don't think Florida's is changing to anything else anytime soon. Bob Chapek announced that the ride would not be rethemed to GotG, followed by a big applause, so he'd really be vying for a reputation as a total jerk if he takes the fine print route there. And how could you not trust this guy...
View attachment 241049

My point is, I don't think the projection show indicates anything, I think they simply see the Tower as a conviently-large backdrop.

He said there were no plans at that time. It was not a promise.

D

Deleted member 107043

My eyes...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's pretty bad, right? Judging by the concept art this is going to be right up there with the Cinderella Castle Cake for ugliness. I can't wait to read what kind of crazy backstory they come up with to explain this one.

DLR92

It's pretty bad, right? Judging by the concept art this is going to be right up there with the Cinderella Castle Cake for ugliness. I can't wait to read what kind of crazy backstory they come up with to explain this one.

Who ever thought about it, or even approved the idea should be fired. Perhaps that should be Bob Chapek. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 241049

Chapek only stated it wasn't changing to GotG, never said anything about it never being rethemed to anything else. They can always just take out TZ and keep the haunted hotel theme or something else other than GotG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom