1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by epcot82fan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

They haven't sent a tram across the street in over a decade.

About 12 years ago California motor vehicle laws changed and the Disneyland Trams were no longer legally allowed to travel over city streets with passengers. Getting across the street via tram at that controlled intersection just south of the Paradise Pier Hotel became illegal, and remains so to this day. Your tax dollars at work.

disneylandcm likes this.
  2. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Do you really want to be riding in a tram crossing a public street? Think about it.

3. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

It'd be an E-ticket thrill ride.

SteveAZee likes this.
  4. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

So what's going on with Goofys Sky school? Are they secretly beginning its transition to Pixar?

5. Rich T

Rich T Well-Known Member

Watch as it magically becomes our version of the Ratatouille ride! :D The final plywood cutout before unload will be Remy shrugging.

6. mickEblu

Yayyyyyyyy. Can't wait.

Rich T likes this.
  7. Rich T

Rich T Well-Known Member

Oh...wait. R.C. Racer. Just watch: This'll be an R.C. Racer makeover.

8. Hatbox Ghostbuster

Hatbox Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

So, the other day I listened to a micechat podcast purely out of curiosity, and Dusty touched on this project a lot and seemed intent that they're going to change the fun wheel to something Pixar related.

THEN he proceeded to shell out a rumor that I have never heard an ounce of anywhere...in that it would be possible for a clone of Mystic Manor to go somewhere between Screamin and Carsland (I think that's what he said). I'd take that as purely blue sky rumor at this point...but what if??

9. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

Then Pixar Pier will be worth it.

10. Hatbox Ghostbuster

I would tend to agree...however, if its going to be an extension of Pixar Pier, it will probably not be true Mystic Manor, but something Pixar related...in which case, I must temper my excitement.

Curious Constance likes this.
  11. mickEblu

I'm guessing Inside Out or Coco "manor."
    But what they should really do- Nightmare Before Christmas manor. The ride system would work great with the IP. It's a proven IP. And it would get NBC out of the Mansion.

Oh ya, it would a bonafide spook house to the Pier. Only problem- it's not Pixar.

12. Hatbox Ghostbuster

NBC would be great, getting it out of HM, but it would totally stick out between Pixar Pier and Carsland. I just hope they don't decide to clone Rat...again.

Also, I'm imagining an actual NBC attraction...would the gift shop be a Hot Topic?

Curious Constance and mickEblu like this.
  13. mickEblu

Between Carsland and PP? I thought the rumor was that would go between GSS and Some expansion pad.

It may stick out, but it doesn't have to. It could be completely discreet like the HM. But I know one thing for sure, no matter what they do it won't stick out as much as GOTG:MB.

14. Hatbox Ghostbuster

I may have gotten the placement wrong (I was more interested in the prospect of having Mystic Manor in the states), but he was talking DCA for sure.

Really curious to know more info on the Marvel land debacle...cause it sounds like we're gonna be stuck with that sore thumb for quite some time.

mickEblu likes this.
  15. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

I thought that area was supposed to remain untouched by Pixar. I couldn't believe the amount of rust on the large blue wall between GSS and the dining area. I'm guessing it's just the annual refurb...time to spruce it up and get rid of that faded paint.

16. TROR

TROR Well-Known Member

How much longer do y'all think we really have left to see Mickey on the Fun Wheel and "Paradise Pier" written across California Screamin?

epcot82fan likes this.
  17. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

New concept art!!!

[​IMG]

18. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist Original Poster

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this. I mean, it's nice, but I like PP the way it is. I haven't really been following this thread, so is there other concept art other than when the news first broke?

Edit: I just looked up @DevonDisneyland and this appears to be just speculation

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  19. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

Pretty close! Last Saturday at the 10k they had the Monster University logo shining on the Fun Wheel

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Having a scare-tastic time at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneylandHalf?src=hash">#DisneylandHalf</a> 10K! <a href="https://t.co/MW0ajUjfWe">pic.twitter.com/MW0ajUjfWe</a></p>&mdash; runDisney (@runDisney) <a href="https://twitter.com/runDisney/status/903960960066404352">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. mickEblu

Ya thats rumor for the short term anyway. Long term I think a Pixar dark ride is going over there.

Hmm I've never noticed that wall. I'm rarely in that corner of the park.