News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

PiratesMansion

Pixar Pier is my vote for the most upsetting and infuriating thing they did all decade.

Which is nuts, because I was never exactly in love with the original pier or any of the attractions there either! I guess all you have to do to make me mad is paint the tunnels red, call it IncrediCoaster (barf), and build food stands that look like Happy Meal boxes.

Somehow, they made the awful Toy Story Lands look GOOD!

At least the Pixar Pier changes should be more easily reversible than many of the other controversial changes they've made over the years. Maybe someday someone will decide it's a bad concept and fix it.

Highly doubtful, but I can dream.

Last edited:

DLR92

Not a new idea, but an original trackless dark ride on the scale of Mystic Manor with an entrance in Incredicoaster's turnaround would certainly be a hit.
Is there even room around there? I think ditching the board games and the outdoor wild mouse coaster for 2 dark rides would be great.

George Lucas on a Bench

d8a.gif

mickEblu

Pixar Pier was supposed to be fast, cheap, and good. Ironically it was not fast, not cheap, and not good.

More like predictably.

As much grief as we give Pixar Pier, myself included, I think losing TOT was a bigger a loss for the park. The Pier was always stucco-ey and kind of bland. Now it’s brighter but plasticky. Same rides, same experiences more or less. Same can’t be said with losing TOT.

Losing TOT was the beginning of the end of Hollywoodland and the hopes of one day getting a 2.0 version. Imagine a Hollywoodland with TOT and MMRR with new facades on Hollywood Blvd and the Backlot.

PiratesMansion

MB, though, has SOME redeeming value. It could be argued that the experience is better or more fun, even if the thematics and integration are lessened (though TOT was hardly a thing of beauty and mostly blended in because it was relatively nondescript). At least for me, as much as I would have preferred for TOT to stick around.

Hollywoodland has always been broken IMO. Before, during, and after TOT.

Who could consider the Pier an improvement that's over the age of five or isn't a cookie num num diehard?

Last edited:

mickEblu

MB, though, has SOME redeeming value. It could be argued that the experience is better or more fun, even if the thematics and integration are lessened (though TOT was hardly a thing of beauty and mostly blended in because it was relatively nondescript). At least for me, as much as I would have preferred for TOT to stick around.

Hollywoodland has always been broken IMO. Before, during, and after TOT.

Who could consider the Pier an improvement that's over the age of five or people who really like the cookie num num?

MB sticks out like a sore thumb from everywhere including the esplanade. TOT wasn’t beautiful but as you say it kind of blended in instead of saying “look at me!” The only redeeming quality I find with GOTG:MB is the randomized drops but even that is a mixed bag because I don’t find any of the profiles as thrilling as TOTs one ride profile. That’s without even getting into the everything lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom