News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

VJ

Why? People are still lining up for the crap they did, so no need in their mind. I’m beyond disappointed with the direction they are going, but if the “numbers don’t lie” I see no course change in the near future.
Ex-act-ly. The general public doesn't care, they'll eat up whatever Disney puts out. And since Bob Chapek is succeeding at bleeding Guests dry for as little effort as possible, he's a success in Iger's eyes.

Expect more like Pixar Pier. The precedent has been set.

D.Silentu

It's fascinating how the park has transitioned from the punching bag of the industry, to a promising work in progress and has now finally settled into a patchwork of the two. In my view, Marvel will be a make or break moment for the park. The effort and artistry put into the land and attractions will be defining for the park as a whole. I'm willing to accept that Paradise Pier may have been flawed beyond redeeming from day one. The Sun Wheel and especially California Screamin' were here to stay, hindering any possibility of razing the land and starting over. Perhaps this mindset is why so little effort has gone into Pixar Pier. The touch ups done in 2012 were improvements, but I have always felt their merit was greatly overrated. Marvel will demonstrate how willing Disney is to turn their park into a worthy destination and while Pixar Pier deserves its scorn, I don't believe it's a watershed milestone.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's fascinating how the park has transitioned from the punching bag of the industry, to a promising work in progress and has now finally settled into a patchwork of the two. In my view, Marvel will be a make or break moment for the park. The effort and artistry put into the land and attractions will be defining for the park as a whole. I'm willing to accept that Paradise Pier may have been flawed beyond redeeming from day one. The Sun Wheel and especially California Screamin' were here to stay, hindering any possibility of razing the land and starting over. Perhaps this mindset is why so little effort has gone into Pixar Pier. The touch ups done in 2012 were improvements, but I have always felt their merit was greatly overrated. Marvel will demonstrate how willing Disney is to turn their park into a worth destination and while Pixar Pier deserves its scorn, I don't believe it's a watershed milestone.

Well said. Unfortunately don’t see how they ll succeed with GOTG:MB being the eyesore anchor of the land. Not sure how they can make a college campus/ brewery with a oil refinery towering over it a park defining land. Having a bad overlay of a purpose built attraction that towers over the park be the focal point and anchor of the land is a bad start. Definitely an uphill battle.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

It is an incongruency to be sure. Seeing as one of the main goals for Guardians was to get things done as quickly as possible I can't imagine that there was much of an eye toward the future. Now that there is a decided aesthetic for the Marvel land, we can only hope that eventually minor adjustments will be made to the exterior to help it fit in. Admittedly a slim hope, but I say necessary because the ride has several factors working against it. It will have been open three years before Marvel land is complete, so public mindset will not associate it with the land. I could elaborate further, but we're all familiar with the identity issues troubling the ride and hopefully the design team is concerned as well.

TROR

Would you rather have Star Wars in DCA, or in Walt's original park? For me it is DCA hands down, even though both options suck.
Disneyland tbh. I do think, instead of a Star Wars land, they should've built a science fantasy land over Autopia with Star Wars, Marvel, aliens, robots, etc. and then have Tomorrowland focus on more real world science, technology, and transportation. Thematically science fantasy works wonderfully in Disneyland.

180º

If they had built Star Wars in DCA, it would have made my wild dreams of leveling DCA for a parking lot or garden even more unrealistic.

mikenatcity1

We visited Pixar Pier for the first time this past week and weekend... The line for Incredicoaster was so much longer than I expected (I never waited- I just got a fastpass that was for 5 minutes later). I wish I had been able to go on it at night when it seems the idea of the ride is much more visible. The Incredibles area felt very cramped. We breezed right by a couple of the food options, forgetting they were there. I was not impressed by Bing Bong's and still don't understand why Mickey's face is still on the Pal-Around. I loved the lighting at night and the Pixarmonic Orchestra (and returned for the latter a couple times). I don't understand the fascination with the yellow snow. Overall, i'd give it a C...maybe...It didn't really feel themed, but more like I was walking in Six Flags or Cedar Point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom