News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Ismael Flores

These are Imagineers. Do you expect them to be creative or something? Where the hell is Luxo?

maxresdefault.jpg

You see, i was expecting to see lots of water rushing down that fountain like i see in the art. I think if they upped the water pressure it would really give the fountain a whole new look. Right now the water pressure is so low you could hardly tell there is water flowing down. Those kind of low level waterfalls only really work in a quiet indoor setting. They help ease tension as you see the reflection of the water and hear the lite trickle of water. in an area like this that is super noisy and chaotic it needs to be more of a visual attraction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You see, i was expecting to see lots of water rushing down that fountain like i see in the art. I think if they upped the water pressure it would really give the fountain a whole new look. Right now the water pressure is so low you could hardly tell there is water flowing down. Those kind of low level waterfalls only really work in a quiet indoor setting. They help ease tension as you see the reflection of the water and hear the lite trickle of water. in an area like this that is super noisy and chaotic it needs to be more of a visual attraction.

Nah, they only make you want to pee.... ;):p:cool:

mickEblu

I think they were handed a crappy project to start with. And what are they going to tell the press, "This sucks but my job depends on it"?

I get this but there are some things like Poultry Palace for example. I really doubt it was mandate from Chapek to include an eatery from a Toy Story tv special for 20 years ago that is aesthetically very unpleasing and doesn’t fit in with the Pier at all.

TROR

I get this but there are some things like Poultry Palace for example. I really doubt it was mandate from Chapek to include an eatery from a Toy Story tv special for 20 years ago that is aesthetically very unpleasing and doesn’t fit in with the Pier at all.
Yep. We can blame the instructions all we want, but there was still room within those rules to actually do something good, especially with the budget they were gifted. They chose to make a lot of junk instead. The Imagineers of today are no where near the Imagineers of as recent as 20 years ago.

mickEblu

Yep. We can blame the instructions all we want, but there was still room within those rules to actually do something good, especially with the budget they were gifted. They chose to make a lot of junk instead. The Imagineers of today are no where near the Imagineers of as recent as 20 years ago.

Exactly.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I remember hearing that ToT at DHS was.. what.. one of the first, if not the first, original attraction to have a land built around it? I do feel like, while RnR is loved by many; the exterior should be revamped to work with the area and the on-ride effects need to be modernized to the Disney standard I used to know.

smile

And it’s fun.

that's all it is... if it's even that - and it's trumped by flight of fear; always has been

to me, either one of two things are at play here:
it's either proof that mr. rohde is wrong and ip matters or it's just a failure because while i don't mind a few aerosmith tunes, the idea of a ride about them makes me cringe something fierce and the story (HAH) is flippin superstar limo, execution reeks of neon cardboard, etc.

regardless of truth, i picture mikey waking from a dream and telling marty how rad it would be to build this hip ride about this rock band (maybe even a run dmc rap mickey tie-in?) and being served a clone in a box with spraypaint effort and he smiiiiiiled and said CLONE IT!

to each, their own

DisneyLostBoy03

Does anyone know if Pixarmonic Orchestra will be staying around after Pixar Fest is over? I really enjoy the show and I've been a fan of their performances. On my most recent trip, I saw all the shows on that day. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom