News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

FerretAfros

Maybe @TP2000 is starting to rub off on me, but when I think of a total redo of the bar, I think of something classy and adult to escape the kids and characters everywhere. Not Buzz and Woody's drinking contest
I can see the marketing now...

"Come get Buzzed at the all-new Mrs. Nesbitt's Seaside Tearoom! What better way to prove your dedication to your familia than to relax with a stunning vista of the completely reimagined Pixar Pier, where our clever team at Walt Disney Imagineering has swapped out signage in the desperate hope that guests will think it's an entirely new offering. Inspired by a throw-away line in one of the most forgettable scenes in the Toy Story saga, Mrs. Nesbitt's Seaside Tearoom offers long lines, light bites, and tortured cocktail puns that are fun for the whole family!"
Mrs.-Nesbitt-looks-inside-cup-in-Toy-Story.gif

For the record, there are classy and grown-up ways to incorporate Pixar into the drinking experience, like this custom-labeled cuvee that's served at Bistro Chez Remy in WDSP. It's refined, elegant, and entirely fitting within the setting.
img20119.jpg

But I'm sure the Cove Bar redo will still just be serving sugary drinks with only the slightest hint of alcohol, like they do now. At least it will placate the Instagrammers.

Last edited:

sedati

Retheming Screamin to Dash...

"What!? Why do they keep retheming everything!?" I like the "54321 Scream!" they have now!

I'm imagining launch dialogue similar to the scene with Dash in the cave:
"I want you to run as fast as you can."
"As fast as I can?"
"As fast as you can."

There can still be a countdown after that. I'm more interested in how they may redress the coaster and hopefully theme the station. More importantly they need to someday address the sight-line issues behind the coaster.

Antaundra

Doing more to improve the look of PP was something that was cut from DCA 2.0's budget. I wonder if the Pixar overlay was WDI's way of getting funding to finally finish what they started, knowing that IP driven projects are more likely to be approved by Bob.

When this project was announced that's what I assumed was happening. WDI wanted to finish the Victorian facelift on Paradise Pier and there were two options on how to fund that face lift. Either incorporate IP that will drive up merchandise sales or obtain corporate sponsors who will paste their names everywhere and sell their merchandise in the stores. Personally I prefer Disney IP.

mickEblu

When this project was announced that's what I assumed was happening. WDI wanted to finish the Victorian facelift on Paradise Pier and there were two options on how to fund that face lift. Either incorporate IP that will drive up merchandise sales or obtain corporate sponsors who will paste their names everywhere and sell their merchandise in the stores. Personally I prefer Disney IP.

Serious question. Why do they need sponsors? Why can't Disney just pony up the dough themselves? They could use like the money they make off corn dogs in one day.

D

Deleted member 107043

Serious question. Why do they need sponsors? Why can't Disney just pony up the dough themselves? They could use like the money they make off corn dogs in one day.

If you were operating a for profit business and another for profit business was willing to pay a portion of your operating costs in exchange for advertising wouldn't you do it?

mickEblu

If you were operating a for profit business and another for profit business was willing to pay a portion of your operating costs in exchange for advertising wouldn't you do it?

Sure depends on who the company is though. So if they use IP they can pay for it themselves but not if they do something original? Why, because they think the returns will be less?

If this is the mentality, I guess we will never see another original attraction again.

mickEblu

The micechat article isn't really adding up. So it's going to be called Pixar Pier but Silly Symphony Swings, Goofys Sky School and Ariel (and possibly Mickeys Fun Wheel) will still be a part of it? Retheming SSS and GSS looks like it would be incredibly easy. Why wouldn't they retheme them?

Ariel can easily be placed in Pacific Wharf on the map but leaving the other said attractions with their current theme in Pixar Pier doesn't make sense.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

The micechat article isn't really adding up. So it's going to be called Pixar Pier but Silly Symphony Swings, Goofys Sky School and Ariel (and possibly Mickeys Fun Wheel) will still be a part of it? Retheming SSS and GSS looks like it would be incredibly easy. Why wouldn't they retheme them?

Ariel can easrily be placed in Pacific Wharf on the map but leaving the other said attractions with their current theme in Pixar Pier doesn't make sense.
I dare say, very little about this project will make any sense. Best not try and find it, since it will only lead to sadness.

mickEblu

I dare say, very little about this project will make any sense. Best not try and find it, since it will only lead to sadness.

So there will be two Incredibles rides opening synergistically with Incredibles 2 just after doing the same thing with GOTG:MB. What are they going to do when they run out of rides in DCA to retheme? (Chappie looks over at Disneyland and grins)

britain

Ariel can easily be placed in Pacific Wharf on the map but leaving the other said attractions with their current theme in Pixar Pier doesn't make sense.

Basically every part on the actual boardwalk pier will be Pixar. Everything on the "beach" will remain the same. Using this logic, I guess this means the wheel really will change... I don't like that.

Californian Elitist

Well, when you've got attractions in the same park themed to Monsters, Inc. and Guardians of the Galaxy in a land dedicated to early 20th century Hollywood and guests don't give a you-know-what, I guess Disney feels they can mismatch all they want. Who cares, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom