News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

dweezil78

Wow on a Sunday? I know So Cal APs are blocked but Deluxes are valid. I wonder how yesterday was.

I have NO idea why, but crowds were totally reversed this weekend. I went on Sat thinking it'd be empty and it was INSANE-O. The line to get into Mickey and Friends extended all the way to the past the on-ramp into the garage and the ticket line was all the way to DCA. It was nuts. And then of course I check wait times today and there's no one there. Just my luck. I think 4th of July crowds are messing things up, especially with the holiday being in the middle of the week so this weekend and next are going to be a bit off.

D

Deleted member 107043

Speaking of crowds if you wanted to see Toy Story Land on opening day Saturday you would have had to wait in line for up to 2.5 hours. Apparently at one point Slinky Dog Coaster had an estimated 4-5 hour wait. 😳

Last edited by a moderator:

George Lucas on a Bench

I might understand a 2-3 hour wait to get into a new place being somewhat tolerable at Disneyland. However, in the disgusting hot humid swamp environment of WDW? I think I'll just ride the People Mover over and over again.

D

Deleted member 107043

So true, but that's the market. I've made peace with the fact that Disney or Uni will be expensive and crowded. May as well complain about the sky being blue.

SILENCE! I have made my decision! :D

20180702_105208.jpg

Disneylover152

I go once a year (or so) but after our trip at the end of July, I'm probably giving DLR a pass in 2019. Maybe in 2020, if things calm down.

I loved my trip in April so much that I planned a much longer California trip for August 2019, but I think I'll pass after seeing the crowds for Toy Story Land...

How do you think the Star Wars crowds will be in August? We are not a Star Wars group and don't have to go into Star Wars Land (but we would like to), we just want to go to Disneyland.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I loved my trip in April so much that I planned a much longer California trip for August 2019, but I think I'll pass after seeing the crowds for Toy Story Land...

How do you think the Star Wars crowds will be in August? We are not a Star Wars group and don't have to go into Star Wars Land (but we would like to), we just want to go to Disneyland.

If its a June opening like is now being thought, then by August while still crowded I would say it'll be bearable. Just my opinion but I have a feeling as long as you go during the AP blackout period in August you'll be fine.

D

Deleted member 107043

A very nice way to kill a few hours while in this part of Los Angeles. Our tour group was 8 people, and we covered 65 acres in a golf cart with a few stops led by a friendly personal tour guide. No crowds. No lines. No rabid Disney fans. No screaming toddlers in giant strollers. Best of all it cost a whopping $58 and was only an 11 minute Lyft ride from my hotel.

nevol

I was in the parks today (Sunday). In my whole lifetime of going to the parks (even since I was a kid) it was easily the least crowded day. Haunted Mansion, Indy, and Splash all with 10-15 minute waits all day. Nemo was 10 minutes. Space was at a half hour. I didn’t even arrive till 2pm and it was like being there at rope drop. Soarin was also 20 minutes. Weather was also very cool.

Ive been 3 weekends this summer and they have all been super low crowds, but this is the lowes I’ve seen it and I’ve been going to the parks since the 90s.

Incredicoaster was not open all day (at least according to the app), but I had no desire to go on it.
Reassuring going into next year's star wars opening. Disney knows that a majority of their crowds really are APs, even though ap's will defend their access and claim that its somebody else's problem.

__r.jr

Walt Disney Imagineering revealed many of the designing choices for Pixar Pier in the Pixar Party Blog Meet-Up this past evening:

• WDI choose Pixar Pier for three reasons: 1) Pixar is in California 2) Emeryville is near Piers 3) Pixar has the color and energy common to boardwalks in California

• "Pixar is a "California company"; "Located near the famous piers we researched." Pixar Pier is a "collection of moments" and a "neighborhood strategy"

• “Pixar Pier has been here all this time but has evolved over the years”

• Santa Cruz Boardwalk is the color inspiration for Pixar Pier. It's "California kitsch". Wanted to bring some "water elements", hense the rotating Pixar marble water ball

• Imagineering was inspired by Tokyo DisneySea for Pixar Pier. Specifically Toyville Trolley Park. California Adventure's "domes are bigger"

• Pixar Pier is set in modern day, since it's changed with inspirations from most films which take place in current, contemporary times.

• Incredibles Park "We had to put a simple story on there"

• Boardwalk went from pastels (Paradise Pier) to jewel based tones (Pixar Pier - Toy Story Boardwalk Neighborhood)

• Dante’s Churros was one of the themes considered for Señor Buzz Churros, but it wasn’t able to be located in a neighborhood that matched. Apparently it was impossible to move (mostly due to health laws and sinks)

• Pixar Promenade took inspiration from (again) DisneySea; some classic bandshells from old California boardwalks. Over 30 feet of new building (compared to Sideshow Shirts)

• Lamplight Lounge drew inspiration from Nomad Lounge through a similar backstory - instead of sharing stories of adventures to Africa and Asia, it’s a place where Pixar employees would hang out

• The Pal-A-Round marquee is four times as large as the Fun Wheel marquee

• Dylan's candy shop in New York is inspiration for Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom