News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

dlr74

I’m hoping that they are planning on painting those light posts and does anyone know if they are keeping the sun emblems all over the coaster joints?

The light posts in other sections of the pier are completely gone, so hopefully these ones in front of Midway Mania will be replaced too.
Regarding the sun emblems, I've heard that they are staying due to how many there are (and therefore how long it would take), but they have taken quite a few down near the loop, so hopefully that's a sign they're planning to take them down.

mickEblu

Have they confirmed if there will be an actual show scene to start the ride? I remember seeing some concept art that included an Edna Mode AA

Professortango1

Have they confirmed if there will be an actual show scene to start the ride? I remember seeing some concept art that included an Edna Mode AA

Yeah, its a simple box they're building to the right of the track right before you turn under the Paradise Pier bridge to the launch. You will see it for about 2 seconds.

JD2000

Yikes, the paint scheme just isn't looking good in execution.

Is that logo printed on recycled paper bag?

This project looks more rushed and budget cut everyday. It originally had potential to be the Fantasyland equivalent for the Park. But the Disney of today had to screw that up.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yikes, the paint scheme just isn't looking good in execution.

Is that logo printed on recycled paper bag?

This project looks more rushed and budget cut everyday. It originally had potential to be the Fantasyland equivalent for the Park. But the Disney of today had to screw that up.

I dislike this project, but I think visually it looks pretty good so far, and dare I say it... an improvement.

alias8703

I wonder if they’ll repaint the structures in the lagoon hiding equipment? They don’t really match anymore... and are looking like crap.

I assume they are painting Mickey White and then repainting him? He was looking faded.

Was going to say it would be nice if they repainted the WOC lagoon houses to match TSMM. Love the color scheme on that.

mickEblu

I dislike this project, but I think visually it looks pretty good so far, and dare I say it... an improvement.

So far from what is actually finished doesn’t look bad. Although I’m not crazy about the color they are going with for Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Also kind of disappointed that they re only painting “Pixar Pier” with no 3D letters/ sign. And we still know those ugly food stands are on the way.

britain

So far from what is actually finished doesn’t look bad. Although I’m not crazy about the color they are going with for Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Also kind of disappointed that they re only painting “Pixar Pier” with no 3D letters/ sign. And we still know those ugly food stands are on the way.

True, but after the odd Mickey shape, followed by a big blank sun, I think they’re finally using this loop space correctly as a sign. Would be nice if the letters were 3D.

Ismael Flores

White walls with red roofs and blue trim would've looked a letter better for TSMM

I'm sure it was done with blue roof so that the full red roofs wouldn't clash with the very large ling red tube behind it. It helps bring out some contrast between both structures the building for Mania better. red tube and red roof on midway would have been a bit too much red within the same siteline and not flowed well when seen from the ground level of the pier itself

I have a problem with the ugly mustard background for the Pixar logo and ball. they should have gone with the white inside version that they have in the blue sky cellar. Although I'm sure that they ended up deciding to go with the mustard color so that it flowed better with the other accents of gold/mustard around the pier.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't love them, but to me the food stands at least tell a story (yet contrived and convoluted) and follow along somewhat with the kitsch of a seaside pier. I'm sure they'll be Instagrammed to death.

Those "ugly" food kiosks don't appear that they'll be as much of a atmosphere killer as the fleet of generic and awkward ODV carts scattered around DLR.

IMG_1860.jpg

DatelineDisneyWorld4032013-IMG_2237.jpg

i-pLwV4XN-M.png

nemo_merchcart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ismael Flores

I wonder if they’ll repaint the structures in the lagoon hiding equipment? They don’t really match anymore... and are looking like crap.

I assume they are painting Mickey White and then repainting him? He was looking faded.

I still keep hoping that they revisit those structures and go with some of their original more whimsical designs. I remember seeing the concept art on display and it seemed like they went with the easiest design which was also the ugliest.
Since they are adding some detail fixtures to the Cove bar roofline, as well as some very whimsical elements in the Pier they should do the same to those structures. They can even just change the toppers by adding small bronze statues like the ones around the castle in Disneyland and make them Pixar character theme. Give the structures a new paint scheme similar to Midway Mania and they would look so much better

Ismael Flores

yeah i wish they had modified the original Paradise Pier sign. I really liked the full 3dimensional lit up sign instead of the painted one inside the circle

D

Deleted member 107043

yeah i wish they had modified the original Paradise Pier sign. I really liked the full 3dimensional lit up sign instead of the painted on one inside the circle

Removing that sign, at great expense no doubt, is a real head-scratcher. I guess they really wanted to go hard with the Pixar Ball graphic and to do that they had no choice but to eliminate the sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom