Rumor Parade returning to Studios?

CJR

Did they ever get rid of the old parade floats/cars from the old parade or might they still be local somewhere?

jt04

About that right turn.....

Who said it would include floats? Anyway, there was once a parade. And I saw a Star Wars parade so they can make it work.

PS- I wouldn't be surprised to see the old mgm arch go in anticipation of the crowds.

JohnD

If so, probably not a very big one. Similar to March of the First Order. Come out of a gate near the front entrance, go up Hollywood Blvd., go around the stage area and return.

Spencer_ralph46

I do miss the parade at Hollywood Studios but I think it would not be smart to create more traffic with Galaxy's edge opening. Maybe in a few years when they finally do something with the animation courtyard thats Pixar themed. Then I could see them bringing the Play Parade over.

Tavernacle12

It feels like it would make more sense to either bring over an existing parade or add in a cheap motorcade thing to try and boost attendance pre-SWGE than to have one when SWGE is actually open.

Disone

At 20 million visitors, Magic Kingdom is the world's busiest theme park and it has a parade that runs right down the middle of it at 2 or 3 p.m. daily.

You could say it's ridiculous to do a parade at Walt Disney World's most busiest theme park. They should do it at one of the other parks. One that's less busy and doesn't cost so much traffic jams. But you're missing the point of the parade. It's to give guests something BIG to see and do that doesn't require standing in line hours. And in that respect I could very much see them adding a parade to Hollywood Studios as Star Wars Galaxy Edge opens. It will give DHS guests something to see and do that will not require standing in line for hours.

Last edited:

TTA94

Wasn’t there a rumor of Pixar Fest coming to DHS next year? With Star Wars opening next year both on the west and east cost that or another event could be a possibility to attempt to redirect crowds to other areas of the park.

Last edited:

jt04

I do miss the parade at Hollywood Studios but I think it would not be smart to create more traffic with Galaxy's edge opening. Maybe in a few years when they finally do something with the animation courtyard thats Pixar themed. Then I could see them bringing the Play Parade over.

I agree. I think Pixar Place can do more to occupy guests all day than a parade.

Also agree about animation courtyard.

doctornick

I hope this rumor is true. I've long advocated that returning a daytime parade to DHS would really help to make it a more full and well rounded experience. Getting one going by, say, summer 2019 so it can be established before SW:GE would make a lot of sense to me.

As for crowding/parade route, what would be the problem with the formerly used route? The parade storage building is IIRC still unmoved, so it can go from there to Echo Lake and the hub down Hollywood Blvd (or the reverse). That still provides some buffer space (Grand Ave) between the parade route and the inevitable lines for SW:GE. Any line to get into GE could wind into Commissary Lane if needed and not interfere with the parade route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom