Parade of Dreams to WDW

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
For some reason, the sound of River Of Lights is not doing much for me, I have not been keeping track of what it actually will be but sounds like Electrical Water Pagent to me. I would hope it would be a lot cooler than that lol.

What would that really have to do with Spectro though? You mean they could not still have a light parade at MK if AK gets a parade on water? lol If it is on water which by the name sounds like it.

It is not on water.

It is a 'river' of light flowing throughout the park.
:)

dannb1001

Has there been a time frame announced when this would take place? It does sound like, from I have been hearing, that this WILL take place at AK.

bluejayx

What would that really have to do with Spectro though? You mean they could not still have a light parade at MK if AK gets a parade on water? lol If it is on water which by the name sounds like it.

with not showing spectro it would allow then to show case one night time parade instead of two. it would also help with casting issuse and, demands for the parade's.
that if the river of lights happens anytime soon

PeoplemoverTTA

I haven't kept tabs on these threads since I was in Orlando for a few days, but I'm copying one of my posts from another board with some info about PoD and BPB....if it is old news or not interesting, I apologize in advance :). Just thought I'd share:

I stopped in MK the other day (1/17) and spoke to two people in guest relations about PoD. I was filling out a compliment card for a CM at Peter Pan, and casually brought up PoD. He said he was very excited for it to come and said that he "can't wait". At this point in the conversation a Guest Relations supervisor-sort came over to join the conversation. She said that she is also very excited, and I mentioned BPB and the show stops (I'm not a huge fan of the show stop aspect of these new parades; however, I enjoyed the ones in PoD much more than BPB). She said that BPB will have the show stops; however, it has not yet been determined if PoD will (she said a friend of hers is on the "board" that is "working on it" - whatever that means...why do I feel she spilled TMI?). She told me to expect PoD closer to 2010 and not early 2009.

I thought since she was spilling the goods I'd ask about Spectro and the possibility of Dreamlights coming. She said she had not heard anything and not to count on it, but that Spectro did receive $1 million recently for upgrades. She cautioned, though, that for a parade of that magnitude, $1 million "won't make much of a difference."

Captain Hank

I haven't kept tabs on these threads since I was in Orlando for a few days, but I'm copying one of my posts from another board with some info about PoD and BPB....if it is old news or not interesting, I apologize in advance :). Just thought I'd share:

I stopped in MK the other day (1/17) and spoke to two people in guest relations about PoD. I was filling out a compliment card for a CM at Peter Pan, and casually brought up PoD. He said he was very excited for it to come and said that he "can't wait". At this point in the conversation a Guest Relations supervisor-sort came over to join the conversation. She said that she is also very excited, and I mentioned BPB and the show stops (I'm not a huge fan of the show stop aspect of these new parades; however, I enjoyed the ones in PoD much more than BPB). She said that BPB will have the show stops; however, it has not yet been determined if PoD will (she said a friend of hers is on the "board" that is "working on it" - whatever that means...why do I feel she spilled TMI?). She told me to expect PoD closer to 2010 and not early 2009.

I thought since she was spilling the goods I'd ask about Spectro and the possibility of Dreamlights coming. She said she had not heard anything and not to count on it, but that Spectro did receive $1 million recently for upgrades. She cautioned, though, that for a parade of that magnitude, $1 million "won't make much of a difference."
Interesting. The late 2009/early 2010 date for PoD would make a tremendous amount of sense, since that would coincide with Disneyland's 55th.

Captain Hank

I think he was talking about Disney Dreams Come True Parade. SADCT was sponsored by Kodak
Does Disney Dreams Come True have a sponsor? I don't recall one. I do suppose that any movement of Parade of Dreams would depend on Sylvania's length of sponsorship, or whether or not it specifies which park the parade plays at.

jrh1985

Does Disney Dreams Come True have a sponsor? I don't recall one.
I don't either. I just know that Spectro never had a sponsor, and Sylvania sponsors POD. The only sponsorship with Kodak that's up in 2009 that makes sense would be DDCT. It might say in the MK Times Guide. That's where I saw Kodak next to SADCT in 2002

and not only would they take out the show stop, they'd also take out the power skips, the trampoline, and the bungees because of equity. And Ariel, Alice, and the Mad Hatter would be voice overs... blame equity again. I want WDW to get good parades, but I'm sick of seeing good parades get watered down until they're lame

Not true. They outsourced the powerskips and trampoline act to an outside company for Block Party, so they would probably just use that company for this parade. So, no worries on that one!

kcw

Not true. They outsourced the powerskips and trampoline act to an outside company for Block Party, so they would probably just use that company for this parade. So, no worries on that one!

Really??? That's fantastic news! I'm seasonal right now so I just hear bits and pieces of what's going on down there and that's one I hadn't heard! That makes me quite happy!!!

although.... I don't understand how outsourcing doesn't step on equity's toes... what's the difference between bringing in outside performers vs. regular ent. performers....??

Really??? That's fantastic news! I'm seasonal right now so I just hear bits and pieces of what's going on down there and that's one I hadn't heard! That makes me quite happy!!!

although.... I don't understand how outsourcing doesn't step on equity's toes... what's the difference between bringing in outside performers vs. regular ent. performers....??

Because Equity's rules won't allow their performers to do what is needed on the street and if they used the regular parade performers, (non equity) Equity would eventually step in and regulate. There are rules on what non equity performers can and can't do and the tumbling and jumping crosses that line. The big guys from CA were very particular about this parade being performed EXACTLY how it is over there. I think its probably cheaper over all for them to outsource anyway. Much like the stiltwalkers you see at Pleasure Island are outsourced. They don't have to pay benefits or overtime. Plus they can count on a higher level of professionalism due to most of those outside companies paying their talent better.

kcw

Because Equity's rules won't allow their performers to do what is needed on the street and if they used the regular parade performers, (non equity) Equity would eventually step in and regulate. There are rules on what non equity performers can and can't do and the tumbling and jumping crosses that line. The big guys from CA were very particular about this parade being performed EXACTLY how it is over there. I think its probably cheaper over all for them to outsource anyway. Much like the stiltwalkers you see at Pleasure Island are outsourced. They don't have to pay benefits or overtime. Plus they can count on a higher level of professionalism due to most of those outside companies paying their talent better.

ya, I understand that equity can't be on concrete/asphalt and everything else, but if Equity doesn't allow parade performers to do all that jazz, what's so different about the outsourcing that allows those guys to get away with it? Does that make sense? I just don't see why outsourced workers are any different in Equity's eyes that regular WDW ent??

echoscot

Equity rules are very confusing and complex at WDW. There are many upset Equity performers who thought they should have been allowed to audition, yet it is the rules of their union that made it prohibitive.

ya, I understand that equity can't be on concrete/asphalt and everything else, but if Equity doesn't allow parade performers to do all that jazz, what's so different about the outsourcing that allows those guys to get away with it? Does that make sense? I just don't see why outsourced workers are any different in Equity's eyes that regular WDW ent??

Because the outsourced performers are from a professional tumbling production company from the area. That company pays well and provides worker's comp as well as insurance for their performers. Regular parade performers are paid less and therefore are restricted on what they are allowed to do.

Equity rules are very confusing and complex at WDW. There are many upset Equity performers who thought they should have been allowed to audition, yet it is the rules of their union that made it prohibitive.

Actually, most of those performers also work with the outside company and did audition and are performing as subs in this parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom