Parade Change

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From All ears....

The daily afternoon parade at the Magic Kingdom is undergoing some changes, including a name change, effective January 23. The new name for the parade will be "Celebrate a Dream Come True" and it will feature new music, new costumes and some new float decor. The procession will make more stops, during which dancers will perform to get guests into a celebratory spirit.
[/FONT]

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:brick::brick::brick:

When are we going to get an ACTUAL different parade?!?

Spectro needs to go too....

Castle Cake Apologist

This new "parade" will be an embarrassment.

The music is a Corbin Bleu song.

Imagine the elegant princesses and classic Disney characters alongside BPB-style dancers mixed with Radio Disney's finest.

I for one may be in the minority, and have relatively been happy with the Share a Dream come true parade at MK. Over the years we have come to expect the parade, and look forward to it. Now mind you I really liked the first incantation/version of the parade that had the bubble floats, and they stopped at various locations throughout the parade, and interacted with guests. I do understand due to the unfortuate accident that occurred a few years ago, is why they discontinued the stopping.

IMHO as long as the parade has all the main and usual Disney Characters, and the music is good as always, we will be happy. That's not to say that sprucing up or tweaking the parade a bit wouldnt be nice, but basically we are easy to please.
:):rolleyes:

mpaul32001

I for one may be in the minority, and have relatively been happy with the Share a Dream come true parade at MK. Over the years we have come to expect the parade, and look forward to it. Now mind you I really liked the first incantation/version of the parade that had the bubble floats, and they stopped at various locations throughout the parade, and interacted with guests. I do understand due to the unfortuate accident that occurred a few years ago, is why they discontinued the stopping.

IMHO as long as the parade has all the main and usual Disney Characters, and the music is good as always, we will be happy. That's not to say that sprucing up or tweaking the parade a bit wouldnt be nice, but basically we are easy to please.
:):rolleyes:

I actually think show stops are returning for this one! :sohappy:

Captain Chaos

This new "parade" will be an embarrassment.

The music is a Corbin Bleu song.

Imagine the elegant princesses and classic Disney characters alongside BPB-style dancers mixed with Radio Disney's finest.

So, Corbin Bleu gets his music played in a Disney parade... So, maybe I am, not too far off when I say Miley Cyrus will be the one singing Tomorrow's Child in Spaceship Earth...

Kamikaze

So, Corbin Bleu gets his music played in a Disney parade... So, maybe I am, not too far off when I say Miley Cyrus will be the one singing Tomorrow's Child in Spaceship Earth...

I think those SSE lovers would have to settle for that, if it brought back Tomorrow's Child.

SirGoofy

I actually think show stops are returning for this one! :sohappy:

I've heard the same thing. Unfortunately this is just another example and time when Disney is cutting corners, and rather than bringing something truly new and exciting, they just throw a coat of paint over something old and call it new.

Captain Chaos

I think those SSE lovers would have to settle for that, if it brought back Tomorrow's Child.

I think they would complain about the person singing it though... I wouldn't care so much, as long as it isn't a rocking (if you want to call her music rock) version of the song, and done the way the song should be performed.

hardcard

:)

You know.. I don't know why either of these things would surprise, or 'throw things out of place' for anyone... Disney has ALWAYS mixed their film and music talent into the parks.. Where do you think the voice loops for the AA's in peter pan came from? and winnie the pooh? it's the voice talent that provide the voices for the on-screen characters.. Big friggin deal..

And music? Same difference, same music as the movies.. Want another one? Well, lets take the Sherman Brothers.. They wrote the score to countless disney classic movies, and also scored several Disney park attractions.. These things have ALWAYS co-mingled.. We have to remember that, just because WE don't connect with it, doesn't mean our children don't...

wilsonhanks

:)

You know.. I don't know why either of these things would surprise, or 'throw things out of place' for anyone... Disney has ALWAYS mixed their film and music talent into the parks.. Where do you think the voice loops for the AA's in peter pan came from? and winnie the pooh? it's the voice talent that provide the voices for the on-screen characters.. Big friggin deal..

And music? Same difference, same music as the movies.. Want another one? Well, lets take the Sherman Brothers.. They wrote the score to countless disney classic movies, and also scored several Disney park attractions.. These things have ALWAYS co-mingled.. We have to remember that, just because WE don't connect with it, doesn't mean our children don't...

EXACTLY!!! besides, what is wrong with Miley? she has a good voice~

I am so shocked to hear everyone is so riled up about this new parade. I have been in rehearsals for it and lets just say its so much more exciting than the current day parade. I could give you more details, but I think everyone should just wait and see for themselves. Alot of dancers I am training with are very excited for this parade to to be bringing some new energy to the Magic Kingdom. So i really urge everyone to wait and see...

bgraham34

I look forward to seeing the new parade. My first day in the parks is the 22nd, but I have to see the parade before i leave. Thanks for the headsup.

Disney_Freak429

I am so shocked to hear everyone is so riled up about this new parade. I have been in rehearsals for it and lets just say its so much more exciting than the current day parade. I could give you more details, but I think everyone should just wait and see for themselves. Alot of dancers I am training with are very excited for this parade to to be bringing some new energy to the Magic Kingdom. So i really urge everyone to wait and see...

I look forward to seeing you & your fellow CMs hard work come to life in the new parade. I for one like the new "Celebrate You" theme its very catchy & some may flame me but I like it better than both past themes of "The World You've Dreamed of Lately" (YOAMD) & "Remember When" (HCOE). So I for one will be excited to see it.

hauntdmansion79

I am going to give the new parade a chance. Just like I do with everything else. But I usually am pretty good at predicting whether I'm going to like something or not. I end up right more often than not. And with the new MK daytime parade, I'm a little nerveous about. It sounds an awful lot like Block Party Bash (which I thought was pretty good for DHS). I just don't want to see Disney continue to carbon copy things. I'm not a huge fan of things like High School Musical popping up multiple times a day and I don't want the Magic Kingdom parade to do the same. I like the one time 3pm daytime parade. My favorite daytime parade was Remember the Magic back in 1997-1998.

As for the night time parade. I loved MSEP and I ended up loving Spectromagic just as much. I am ready for something new, but really hope it's as magical as the previous 2. Also the musical score needs to be as great as the other 2 as well.

Well let me just say CDCT is the 3pm parade....so it will run only once...and that there are show stops, but no one gets pulled onto the street to perform!

That is something that as a guest that has always bugged me with Disney...I come and I want to be entertained, but I dont want to watch little kids dancing around no matter how cute they may be. Trust me I love kids more than anything and they may get a kick out of it but I want to see a Disney performance with Disney performers.

DougK

Sounds like a super reasonable request to me.

Please don't trash something before you have even seen it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom