Paperboy in SSE

KBLovedDisney

2pxryo.gif

...I dunno about that.
What's a newspaper?

Andsome

I'm on the side that believes he was moved so he could face the streets. If it was truly a matter of having a disfigured face, they would've moved him to his original position seeing how most of the AAs have likely been reskinned since its last refurb over 10 years ago.

Club Cooloholic

Before:
Spaceship_Earth_Classic_061_062007.jpg

After:
news-boy-new-spaceship-earth.jpg
Wow that's lazy of them. On another note I thought this was about that late 80s arcade game, Paperboy which gobbled so many of my quarters back in the day.
Edit: I am not joking either, I thought maybe someone spotted a machine somewhere during the ride or it was added to the play area at the end lol

Last edited:

BraveGirl

Zombie thread alert...just got back from my most recent trip and searched the boards looking for this answer! I swear he was facing forward every other time I've been on the ride, most recently last September! Has he really been turned around for 12 years and I only noticed this week?!? I've gone on the ride over a dozen times since '07!

michmickey

Perhaps the animatronic got damaged and they didn't want to replace it or they turned him around so he would be facing the "street" because the printing press seems to be in an alley.

Goofyernmost

It was because people kept putting trash in his hands as they passed the scene.
I don't think so, but what I do believe is that a little light went on over their heads and they realized that we were riding in a time machine that could not be seen by anyone else. We could see them, but they couldn't see us so why in the pluperfect hell would the kid be trying to sell a newspaper to what would be absolutely nothing.

They might have also been motivated by the fact that many of those wild and crazy drunks were trying to reach out and grab the papers from the kid thus putting themselves and others in danger.

muddyrivers

I don't know, I still like the theory the face of the AA got messed up and they didn't want to bother getting a new mask so they made up the idea of the paperboy should have been facing out to the street all along.

justintheharris

I don't think so, but what I do believe is that a little light went on over their heads and they realized that we were riding in a time machine that could not be seen by anyone else. We could see them, but they couldn't see us so why in the pluperfect hell would the kid be trying to sell a newspaper to what would be absolutely nothing.

They might have also been motivated by the fact that many of those wild and crazy drunks were trying to reach out and grab the papers from the kid thus putting themselves and others in danger.
Hmm... the latter might actually be the case. Because I had recently told a friend about the broken face and he went to seek information from another friend who might have the answer and according to THAT friend, she said it wasn't the case. It was due to people consistently putting stuff in his hands. However, somewhere along the line story may have got distorted and was originally told as "people kept trying to take stuff out of his hands." Same reason they took the apple out of Snow White right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom