Pandora World of Avatar Phase Two

The Grand Inquisitor

I see no reason for them to do it since they just build Star Wars Land.

From a financial point of view they really gain nothing from adding Pandora. It would just cost them alot to make it with little return.

I could maybe see them making a Pandora in Tokyo or China but those lands are not owned by Disney so it would be a design coming from those companies.
Yeah that makes sense. It seems more likely Disney would build a third gate for California that would feature pandora rather than adding it to the existing parks.

truecoat

That depends on how long "lifttime" is. That can be quite variable.

Anaheim wants to build a connector from the Angels stadium to the convention center. It'll go right through what would be the area most assume to be the third gate, the Toy Story parking lot. You could lower the road and build over it but I think Disney is content with using the room they have. Soooo, no third gate just more at the other 2 parks.

Tom P.

As an aside, and it's a genuine question, why the standard convention of saying "third gate" or "fifth gate" instead of "third park" or "fifth park"?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As an aside, and it's a genuine question, why the standard convention of saying "third gate" or "fifth gate" instead of "third park" or "fifth park"?

"Gate" is an industry insider term for a venue since that's their term for the money collected as people paid and passed 'the gate' of the venue. So, they'll talk about how much was made at 'the gate.' See definition #6.

Similar to "box office" for theatrical films.

Prototype82

With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if the next addition to Pandora is removing the drum show.
Don't even jinx it... It still blows my mind that we're blessed with 2 awesome original live experiences in one land.

But if we get anything, my bet is a restaurant. There were rumors of a more upscale restaurant some time ago.

Stevie Amsterdam

What would you guys suggest Disney add to Pandora for phase 2. It could be anything from new rides, shows, restaurants, and characters.
I think it depends on the storyline of the sequels. Rumors are that at least one of the upcoming films will feature the aquatic life of the planet. I'd like the new attraction to take guests on an under water adventure in the oceans of Pandora. Both FoP and NRJ are introductions to Pandoran flora and fauna and since Pandora: WoA lies in Animal Kingdom, I see no reason why the next attraction would be different.

With FoP being airborne and NRJ's focus on the land, I'd love the idea that the next ride would be about the sea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom