• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pandora World of Avatar Phase Two

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Advertisement
Since there are going to be 5 avatar movies will disney add more stuff to the land and will they add pandora to other disney parks ?

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Could they add it to DCA to spread out the crowds to that park instead of disneyland? I dont think the marvel land is going to be as popular as star wars. Plus marvel land looks pretty lame.
I see no reason for them to do it since they just build Star Wars Land.

From a financial point of view they really gain nothing from adding Pandora. It would just cost them alot to make it with little return.

I could maybe see them making a Pandora in Tokyo or China but those lands are not owned by Disney so it would be a design coming from those companies.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

I see no reason for them to do it since they just build Star Wars Land.

From a financial point of view they really gain nothing from adding Pandora. It would just cost them alot to make it with little return.

I could maybe see them making a Pandora in Tokyo or China but those lands are not owned by Disney so it would be a design coming from those companies.
Yeah that makes sense. It seems more likely Disney would build a third gate for California that would feature pandora rather than adding it to the existing parks.

truecoat

That depends on how long "lifttime" is. That can be quite variable.
Anaheim wants to build a connector from the Angels stadium to the convention center. It'll go right through what would be the area most assume to be the third gate, the Toy Story parking lot. You could lower the road and build over it but I think Disney is content with using the room they have. Soooo, no third gate just more at the other 2 parks.

Tom P.

As an aside, and it's a genuine question, why the standard convention of saying "third gate" or "fifth gate" instead of "third park" or "fifth park"?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
As an aside, and it's a genuine question, why the standard convention of saying "third gate" or "fifth gate" instead of "third park" or "fifth park"?
"Gate" is an industry insider term for a venue since that's their term for the money collected as people paid and passed 'the gate' of the venue. So, they'll talk about how much was made at 'the gate.' See definition #6.

Similar to "box office" for theatrical films.

Tom P.

"Gate" is an industry insider term for a venue since that's their term for the money collected as people paid and passed 'the gate' of the venue. So, they'll talk about how much was made at 'the gate.' See definition #6.

Similar to "box office" for theatrical films.
So why wouldn't Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach be "gates"?

Top Bottom