Pandora World of Avatar Phase Two

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would love to see them add a theater for Flight of Passage like they did for Soarin’.

FoP already as four theaters. Getting more in there would be... hard.

It'd be better if they added another high capacity E ticket to DAK and then clone the FoP tech into a different 'flight' in a different park.

But with the CV crisis, don't look for either type of expansion for maybe five years.

Last edited:

Alison Fletcher

It's be better if they added another high capacity E ticket to DAK and then clone the FoP tech into a different 'flight' in a different park.

But with the CV crisis, don't look for either type of expansion for maybe five years.
Wow- I didn’t realize they had 4- I thought it was 2.

A new experience is always fun. I would love to see them use this idea on another experience in another park too. 😊

It makes sense that we wouldn’t see anything there for a while. I will be so grateful when we can go back at all at this point. I really do miss it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

It'd be better if they added another high capacity E ticket to DAK and then clone the FoP tech into a different 'flight' in a different park.

This^^^

The 2 attractions per land model really needs to change to something along the lines on an E, D and a couple of Cs.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
This^^^

The 2 attractions per land model really needs to change to something along the lines on an E, D and a couple of Cs.

Everyone says that. Until a D and a C is paired with a D and they get savaged for not all being Es, aka, Toy Story Land.

Or a ride added to a park is "just a spinner" and gets savaged for not being an E expeience, aka, Mary Poppins.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Everyone says that. Until a D and a C is paired with a D and they get savaged for not all being Es, aka, Toy Story Land.

Or a ride added to a park is "just a spinner" and gets savaged for not being an E expeience, aka, Mary Poppins.
I say it and honestly mean it.

Of course, I am the holder of many slightly to wildly unpopular opinions.
  • The FL expansion would have been much better served by the addition of 5-6 D tickets along the lines of Pan and Winnie the Pooh then Mermaid and 7 Dwarves.
  • The Speedway has its place and belongs in MK.
  • SW:GE being an original location and story is better than the greatest hits episode people claim they want.
  • TSI is awesome just the way it is and I hope we never lose it.
  • 1982 Epcot just does not work for modern audiences.
  • I am just fine with Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama.

The Grand Inquisitor

I say it and honestly mean it.

Of course, I am the holder of many slightly to wildly unpopular opinions.
  • The FL expansion would have been much better served by the addition of 5-6 D tickets along the lines of Pan and Winnie the Pooh then Mermaid and 7 Dwarves.
  • The Speedway has its place and belongs in MK.
  • SW:GE being an original location and story is better than the greatest hits episode people claim they want.
  • TSI is awesome just the way it is and I hope we never lose it.
  • 1982 Epcot just does not work for modern audiences.
  • I am just fine with Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama.
"1982 Epcot just does not work for modern audiences"
Jeez man be careful saying that around here. That's like a death sentence saying that around here 😂

This just like the other thread with the BatB dark ride has a lot of potential, but it just isn't the right time at the moment. Coming out of this pandemic and reopening everything for Disney and making that a success. Making guests and CM's feel safe that they can come back and the parks can be full again should be priority #1. Priority #2 should be getting all the unfinished rides, attractions, refurbs complete. Then move onto these ideas. Sure keep these good ideas stored away so they can move onto them when it is the right time. I just don't think it is the right time at the moment.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
This just like the other thread with the BatB dark ride has a lot of potential, but it just isn't the right time at the moment. Coming out of this pandemic and reopening everything for Disney and making that a success. Making guests and CM's feel safe that they can come back and the parks can be full again should be priority #1. Priority #2 should be getting all the unfinished rides, attractions, refurbs complete. Then move onto these ideas. Sure keep these good ideas stored away so they can move onto them when it is the right time. I just don't think it is the right time at the moment.

If there was ever going to be a phase 2 for Pandora, it wouldn't even have been given a greenlight until 2022, assuming that had an idea ready to go.

So... no need to worry about extra attractions you don't care for ever starting to get built, especially with half-built ones that may not get finished for another two years.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If there was ever going to be a phase 2 for Pandora, it wouldn't even have been given a greenlight until 2022, assuming that had an idea ready to go.

So... no need to worry about extra attractions you don't care for ever starting to get built, especially with half-built ones that may not get finished for another two years.
Just in time for the Avatar 2 through 10 movies now delayed until 2050? James Cameron will have his head frozen like Walt and they will revive him when it’s time to finally make those movies. A pandora theme park expansion should happen around the same time ;)

The Grand Inquisitor

If Avatar 2 is a huge hit next year I can see Disney pushing a phase 2 for Avatar pretty quick.

BubbaisSleep

If Avatar 2 is a huge hit next year I can see Disney pushing a phase 2 for Avatar pretty quick.
I wonder what direction they would go considering they have two family-friendly rides already there. Hopefully the next one is a bit more thrilling. I would say something similar to Dinosaur or Kong in IOA but going through Pandora's jungle. They already have the slow and short dark ride and simulator checked off the list, the next direction is obvious.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder what direction they would go considering they have two family-friendly rides already there. Hopefully the next one is a bit more thrilling. I would say something similar to Dinosaur or Kong in IOA but going through Pandora's jungle. They already have the slow and short dark ride and simulator checked off the list, the next direction is obvious.
Does Cameron have any pull Or say now Disney owns the film?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Not necessarily. The land is already a hit. They don't need a movie to justify a Phase II. If a Phase II hasn't already happened, then Disney isn't keen on making it happen sooner than later. If it ever comes about, count on the usual two years to decide and three years to implement.

HauntedMansionFLA

Rumor has it there was going to be a roller coaster and Cameron was pushing for it.

Stevie Amsterdam

I'd rather see that they somehow make NRJ much longer. More AA's, maybe a drop or two and a spectacular finale, so that the shaman would not be the ending of the ride, but rather the beginning of the second part.

Also, as I mentioned before, I'd like to see them come up with an underwater attraction. Doesn't even have to be under real water, but something along the lines of 20.000 leagues under the sea in Tokyo DisneySea. The upcoming movies will feature lots of under water scenes so it would only common sense to have the first ride based on their land, flora and fauna, the second ride in the air on a banshee and a third one under water. Just my two cents ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom